• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Piratebay (TPB) problem !!

Started by Ahmad, May 16, 2012, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

What is going wrong with Piratebay ?!!  ???  :-\ >:( :(
Sometimes, it opens and sometimes it doesn't.

Is there any problem ?
And what can I do when it doesn't open with me ?

Thanks.  :) :D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Ahmad on May 16, 2012, 08:48 PM
What is going wrong with Piratebay ?!!  ???  :-\ >:( :(
Sometimes, it opens and sometimes it doesn't.

Is there any problem ?
And what can I do when it doesn't open with me ?

Thanks.  :) :D
D': Its down for me too..

topdog

QuoteCan't say we didn't see this one coming: The Pirate Bay is experiencing downtime due to a DDoS attack, according to TorrentFreak. The attack comes just a few days after the site criticized Anonymous attacks on behalf of the site, calling them 'censorship.'

Until someone claims responsibility, though, we'll give them the benefit of the doubt. For all we know, it could be a random attack from random hackers, or perhaps a devious government attack to separate people from their warez. And their authentic free speech rights. But mostly warez.

As of now, the site has been down for over 24 hours, and accessing it is still a hit or miss affair (mostly miss). Despite the presence of many workarounds to keep the site accessible in the face of censorship and governmental blocking, they don't seem to have been prepared for an attack from their fellow freedom fighters.

We're not gonna give you a walkthrough here, but if you simply must access the site, TorrentFreak does report that several proxies of the site are still accessible, and you can still do things 'the hard way,' too. In the meantime, we'll keep an eye on the usual sources and let you know if we hear anything, particularly regarding the origin of the attack.

Source: 9HardWare http://9hardware.com/blog/in_the_news/553.html
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

Shadow.97

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on May 16, 2012, 09:56 PM
:(, thats sad news..

Relax! I bet you anything TPB will be back before you even know it. Besides, knowing them, they are not going to just stand still and cry. They will come back with greater ferocity than ever, know more about their (and our) enemies' tactics than the enemy themselves -- and will promptly develop countermeasures that will be difficult to circumvent.

I firmly believe this is much more a personal vendetta on the part of the profiteers and government officials on their payroll against TPB. They know full well there must be no less than 100 torrent sites scattered everywhere that will keep us well supplied with warez and other stuff, and yet they target only TPB. That's a little like going into a roach-infested house and attacking just one roach. Besides, they've revealed the insides of the most notorious weapon in their arsenal. Before you even bat an eyelash, all sites will develop countermeasures against it or anything even similar. These people just don't know who they're dealing with.

This isn't the first time I've seen these people try to stop the flow of warez, and in all the years I've been computing, I've yet to see them succeed. Despite that, the bastards are still racking up billions in profits and carrying on their futile efforts.

topdog

@ humbert
Totally agree with you. It may last another day or three, but TPB will get round it or attackers will get board or decide they are using to much of their resources. Just a matter of time.

topdog

You were right humbert
Less than one day and they (TPB) are up and running again.
Good one.

Ahmad

I hope it keeps like that.
As for the past 2 or 3 days, it opens sometimes, and sometimes, not.
NOW, it's OK with me.  :) :D

Shadow.97

Its up for me now, and its in the Swedish newspapers :)

Ahmad

Thanks for support, guys.
Let's hope it always be UP.
:) :D