• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Firefox Add-ons

Started by Ahmad, May 17, 2012, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on May 20, 2012, 05:58 AM
Yo Ahmad.. I invite you one of these days to simply browse FF's many extensions. I betcha you'll find something you never new you needed.

Someday, dear friend, when I have time to search and explore.
And I'll refer to you either.  ;D ;D
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on May 20, 2012, 09:15 AM
Someday, dear friend, when I have time to search and explore.
And I'll refer to you either.  ;D ;D

Ahmad, somehow I have a hard time believing you don't have 5-10 minutes to simply take a look at what's there. I do hope you've downloaded and installed UnMHT - not so much to read my attachment, but to make it easier to save pages or, better yet, parts of pages without saving the whole thing. Tell you what - after getting UnMHT, simply either go into "add-ons" from the FF menu or type "about:addons" in any tab. Click at the very top left where it says "Get Add-ons" -- on the right bottom you'll see some popular personas. Simply hover your mouse over them and the browser promptly changes accordingly. Mouse over another and it changes again, and so on and on. When you see one you like, just click on it and FF saves and applies it. Right now I just did this in another tab just to see how it's done to explain it to you, and I just happened to mouse over a nice red one I really liked, so I kept it. I still have the one with flowers should I ever want to switch back. See for yourself. Oh, no more excuses, please. :) ;)

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on May 21, 2012, 04:53 AM
Ahmad, somehow I have a hard time believing you don't have 5-10 minutes to simply take a look at what's there. I do hope you've downloaded and installed UnMHT - not so much to read my attachment, but to make it easier to save pages or, better yet, parts of pages without saving the whole thing. Tell you what - after getting UnMHT, simply either go into "add-ons" from the FF menu or type "about:addons" in any tab. Click at the very top left where it says "Get Add-ons" -- on the right bottom you'll see some popular personas. Simply hover your mouse over them and the browser promptly changes accordingly. Mouse over another and it changes again, and so on and on. When you see one you like, just click on it and FF saves and applies it. Right now I just did this in another tab just to see how it's done to explain it to you, and I just happened to mouse over a nice red one I really liked, so I kept it. I still have the one with flowers should I ever want to switch back. See for yourself. Oh, no more excuses, please. :) ;)

I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you that I've installed UnMHT add-on, tried its features and read your attachment just after you told me. Sorry, and BTW, nice article.

Thanks for explaining how to install add-on in detail... I've already tried some add-ons, before.
But you know, the slow internet may be the main reason for not exploring now in anything ... When I click a simple add-on, it takes me about 2 minutes to install it ... this makes me bored, unless I want to explore .. It doesn't matter then.
:) :D

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on May 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you that I've installed UnMHT add-on, tried its features and read your attachment just after you told me. Sorry, and BTW, nice article.

I'm glad to hear that.

Quote from: Ahmad on May 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
Thanks for explaining how to install add-on in detail... I've already tried some add-ons, before.
But you know, the slow internet may be the main reason for not exploring now in anything ... When I click a simple add-on, it takes me about 2 minutes to install it ... this makes me bored, unless I want to explore .. It doesn't matter then.

It's not like you have to install the add-ons all at once - nobody can do that. I believe I asked you to pick out a nice these to replace that ugly one FF comes with. I'm willing to bet there's a nice green one with the star & crescent, which is excellent for you. :)

Next time take a look at Cool Previews - one of my favorites.

BLADESHARK

@ Humbert
Please PM me all the names of add-on you have installed :P
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

Ahmad

@ humbert. :)

Hey buddy.
I wanted you to know that I've tried some add-ons:

# hidemyass [you told me before] ... It's great & I kept it ... BTW, its site is what you told me about to surf anonymously, and it's with the same name.. right ?

# unmht ... Great & I kept it.   To enable Firefox to save web page in MHT format.

# ie tab v2 ... Great & I kept it.  This is to use IE engine inside Firefox because some sites need IE.

# SkipScreen ... If I'm right, it does nothing as you said before. So I removed it.

What I want also is to capture an image for the page and edit it ... I tried add-on called awesome Screenshot ... But, I ask you if you know another one better.

BTW, I've split our talk about add-ons to create this new topic.

Ahmad

Firefox is the fastest browser ...

I've compared between 3 different browsers ; Firefox, Google Chrome & Maxthon [A new browser said to be fast].

I setup the 3 browsers, cleared all history and cache and opened some sites containing flash and photos and calculated the time taken by each browser to fully open the web page ...

I found that Firefox is always the fastest knowing that I was trying on sites opened for the first time with history and cache cleared as you know opening cached sites is fast in every browser.

People with old PCs like myself may notice that Google Chrome is lighter than Firefox ... It opens immediately when clicking and it has a faster start up than Firefox, yet Firefox is still faster in browsing and takes less time to open web pages completely.

Also, I had a problem with Google Chrome opening YAHOO registration page, it doesn't open it correctly and I couldn't sign up for a new account on YAHOO for a relative of mine.
But with Firefox, I never found a problem like that, and the page opened correctly with it.

So, in my opinion, Firefox is the best browser ever, not mention its great collection of add-ons.  :)

Shadow.97

Quote from: Ahmad on June 04, 2012, 11:13 PM
Firefox is the fastest browser ...

I've compared between 3 different browsers ; Firefox, Google Chrome & Maxthon [A new browser said to be fast].

I setup the 3 browsers, cleared all history and cache and opened some sites containing flash and photos and calculated the time taken by each browser to fully open the web page ...

I found that Firefox is always the fastest knowing that I was trying on sites opened for the first time with history and cache cleared as you know opening cached sites is fast in every browser.

People with old PCs like myself may notice that Google Chrome is lighter than Firefox ... It opens immediately when clicking and it has a faster start up than Firefox, yet Firefox is still faster in browsing and takes less time to open web pages completely.

Also, I had a problem with Google Chrome opening YAHOO registration page, it doesn't open it correctly and I couldn't sign up for a new account on YAHOO for a relative of mine.
But with Firefox, I never found a problem like that, and the page opened correctly with it.

So, in my opinion, Firefox is the best browser ever, not mention its great collection of add-ons.  :)
I have a problem with firefox(Only with this pc!) sometimes when i press a link it just opens a new tab, or loads the page half way, so i have to refresh it. Not a biggie but really annoying.. But what i love is that googles doesnt own it :D And a big issue for me playing games such as Runescape and Minecraft in browser is that it has no support for 64 bit :( (The games crashes and cant take full use of PC when its on 32 bit)

Ahmad

@ Shadow.97. :)
Hello buddy.

First, sorry I can't help you with games.

Regarding loading pages half way, I know it's annoying... I knew from the internet before that this problem is caused by incorrect values for some internet settings in your system, so if you use any program to optimize internet or you have changed in Firefox settings, you'd better reset it to the default and try again.

Really, I'm not sure but may be this is the cause for your case.

For me, I've used many programs to optimize my internet but without any difference but even sometimes, some pictures in the page were not loaded, so finally I decided to leave the default. At least these are the settings that the developers recommended for any PC and were tested on different conditions.

Bubster

Quote from: Ahmad on June 04, 2012, 08:04 PM

What I want also is to capture an image for the page and edit it ... I tried add-on called awesome Screenshot ... But, I ask you if you know another one better.

BTW, I've split our talk about add-ons to create this new topic.

Just wanted to say that I'm using Fireshot for capturing and editing my screenshots in FF, and I am very satisfied with it. http://screenshot-program.com/fireshot/
Just because I got cured from my paranoia, it doesn't mean they have stopped looking for me!