• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Business Name

Started by katana, June 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katana

Guys, pls help me think of a catchy & trendy name for computer services shop.

Services we offer: Internet Rental / Photoprinting & Printing (Photocopying, colored printing, text printing) / Id lamination / Lamination / School Supplies / PVC ID making / Fax / Rush ID services / Photography / Computer Sales and Hardware-Software Installation / Network Troubleshooting
and hopefully, we will be able to offer Tarpaulin Printing / Tshirt Printing, soon!

Thanx much! xoxo
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

humbert

Quote from: katana on June 16, 2012, 11:01 AM
Guys, pls help me think of a catchy & trendy name for computer services shop.
Services we offer: Internet Rental / Photoprinting & Printing (Photocopying, colored printing, text printing) / Id lamination / Lamination / School Supplies / PVC ID making / Fax / Rush ID services / Photography / Computer Sales and Hardware-Software Installation / Network Troubleshooting
and hopefully, we will be able to offer Tarpaulin Printing / Tshirt Printing, soon!
Thanx much! xoxo

Is this your business, or are you a partner? I'm asking only because the name Katana Komputers & Internet Services crosses my mind. Under your logo you can put one-word descriptions of the services you offer. I guess the only thing I'm not sure of is if you'd have to write them both in English and Tagalog, or if English will do just fine.

BTW something I saw on the map, does Tagalog use the eñe (Spanish "Ñ")? I saw a city named with the ñ on it, and it occurred to me that maybe Tagalog inherited it from Spanish. Is this the case? I wasn't aware another language used it, although they DO use the sound but write it in letter combinations (e.g., "gn" in French and Italian, "hn" in Portuguese).

BLADESHARK

I really would love to have a visit to your shop ;D
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

humbert

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 17, 2012, 08:13 AM

I totally agree! In fact, I'd love to meet many of you guys also.

Maybe my suggestion for the name of Katana's business is a little too long. Maybe Katana's Komputer Services is better. I strongly believe the name "Katana" should be retained. Nickname or not, it sound very nice and I just like it.

Maher

Hello Katana,

What about Computech?

Wish you good luck ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

BLADESHARK

I liked both the names Computech & Katana's Komputer Services :)
�There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.�

katana

Quote from: humbert on June 17, 2012, 06:27 AM
Is this your business, or are you a partner? I'm asking only because the name Katana Komputers & Internet Services crosses my mind. Under your logo you can put one-word descriptions of the services you offer. I guess the only thing I'm not sure of is if you'd have to write them both in English and Tagalog, or if English will do just fine.

I'm the industrial partner (I'm industrious LOL)... I love your suggestion! My business partner is in Japan, she'll probably connect to the name since it is a Japanese word. I'll run the idea with her...Thanx! We'll be using English, most people here understand the language even though only a few are fluent in it. The new education curriculum emphasizes the use of native dialect but English is still very much incorporated in the system.

BTW something I saw on the map, does Tagalog use the eñe (Spanish "Ñ")? I saw a city named with the ñ on it, and it occurred to me that maybe Tagalog inherited it from Spanish. Is this the case? I wasn't aware another language used it, although they DO use the sound but write it in letter combinations (e.g., "gn" in French and Italian, "hn" in Portuguese).

Philippines was colonized by the Spaniards when Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan discovered an island which is part of the archipelago in the 1500s. The name actually is derived from King Philip II of Spain. There were already inhabitants here way before they arrived and gave the name to my country but since they were the ones who had a record of that time, sometimes it almost seems that our history started only then.

Anyway, their 300+ years of rule left a strong cultural influence (aside from the smattering of meztizos). We "borrowed" some of their words like niño, that's why ñ is part of our alphabet.

Hope I didn't bore you with my history lecture. :D
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

katana

Quote from: BLADESHARK on June 17, 2012, 08:13 AM

Maybe I'll be able to post a picture of it once we're up & going...  :-X

Quote from: Maher on June 19, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hello Katana,

What about Computech?

Wish you good luck ;)

That was actually my first choice. Unfortunately, I saw the same name when I went to Cebu...  :(

humbert

Quote from: katana on June 24, 2012, 08:30 AM
What about Computech?
Wish you good luck ;)
That was actually my first choice. Unfortunately, I saw the same name when I went to Cebu...  :(

What was the final decision on the name?

katana

haven't decided on any, yet... suggestions ranged from cool to cheesy.  ???