• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Business Name

Started by katana, June 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

@ humbert
Comrade, please forgive my impropriety. Looks like my yells about Che and Revolution was absolutely incorrect in connects with your situation, and offends you. Please forgive me.

In school we were teached that whole cuban nation greeted the revolution and Castro with pleasure. And in school some of us even had an berets with star and shouted "Be like Che!" We thought that revolution on Cuba was one of "good" revolutions and really helped the peoples live better. And we never even thinks about those who was in power before Gulf of Pigs... I'm sorry, humbert... As I know, life is not nice in immigration...

All you said about Miami, Texas, and other places of southern US is sounded for me like a tropical exotic! Never in real saw a place where leaves don't fall for winter. :)

If talk about my mom's words about climate - yes, she reffered to physical climate. Here in Piter is very humid and cold, and lack of sunshine, and it is not a good place for kids. And, well, in Ukraina was different "kolkhoses" (farms) near the Ismail town, so there is a lot of fruits, vegetables, so - vitamines and all. At soviet time it was difficult to found a fruits in Leningrad at winter.

As for Linux and my computer knowledges - I learned almost everything by myself. In my first institute i studied to be a programmer, and our teachers tried to teach us something, but they teached us very bad (maybe because knows nothing themself). If talk about Linux - yes, I know something about it. For example, I can set up Linux server - with DNS, DHCP, multi-net gateway, proxy, firewall, mail server and other. But I need to smoke a lot of manuals to make this. So it's a bit difficult.

As for your rus keyboard... well. Default Windows OnScreen KB gives an horrible glitches and don't want to change language anywhere except the Desktop...  :o :P ;D  If you want, I can make a screenshot of russian OnScreen Kb, and send it to you. So you can watch at it and type cyrillic symbols after change lang by Alt+Shift.

@ katana
And, where is our business girl? How it's going with business name?

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
Comrade, please forgive my impropriety. Looks like my yells about Che and Revolution was absolutely incorrect in connects with your situation, and offends you. Please forgive me.
In school we were teached that whole cuban nation greeted the revolution and Castro with pleasure. And in school some of us even had an berets with star and shouted "Be like Che!" We thought that revolution on Cuba was one of "good" revolutions and really helped the peoples live better. And we never even thinks about those who was in power before Gulf of Pigs... I'm sorry, humbert... As I know, life is not nice in immigration...

Toвapвищ, no need to apologize, no offense taken. What happened in Cuba was similar to what happened in Iran, Nicaragua and maybe Russia in 1917. A relatively benevolent dictator was in charge and was replaced by a dictatorship which was 100 times worse! My definition of "benevolent dictatorship" is one where you are in trouble only if you are a poliical opponent. If you just live there, work and don't bother anyone, the government will never bother you. The Argentine national Che Guevara was simply a soldier in Castro's army. Castro arranged to have him killed in 1967 then made him an idol of Communism and the oppressed, but none of this was historically true.

All you said about Miami, Texas, and other places of southern US is sounded for me like a tropical exotic! Never in real saw a place where leaves don't fall for winter. :)

How you can like the heat is beyond my comprehension. I am counting the days for winter to arrive. I try to walk some 3 km every day, but now it's tough. Even by 10:00am the temperature outside is already 35°C and the sun is unbearable. In Miami you had rainfall at a rate of 10cm/hr for about 20 minutes, then the clouds moved away and sunshine came in. Then that water would evaporate and the steam would be simply intolerable. Fortunately in Miami and San Antonio there is air conditioning everywhere. Not so in Mexico. When I was there in June for a wedding, there was A/C only at night and daytime temps of 41° to 43°C.

If talk about my mom's words about climate - yes, she reffered to physical climate. Here in Piter is very humid and cold, and lack of sunshine, and it is not a good place for kids. And, well, in Ukraina was different "kolkhoses" (farms) near the Ismail town, so there is a lot of fruits, vegetables, so - vitamines and all. At soviet time it was difficult to found a fruits in Leningrad at winter.

I'd just love to visit St. Petersburg in the wintertime. Last time I saw snow as during a vacation to Canada some 11 years ago. I love it when it's cloudy and cold. The heat and bright sunshine kill me. :(

As for Linux and my computer knowledges - I learned almost everything by myself. In my first institute i studied to be a programmer, and our teachers tried to teach us something, but they teached us very bad (maybe because knows nothing themself). If talk about Linux - yes, I know something about it. For example, I can set up Linux server - with DNS, DHCP, multi-net gateway, proxy, firewall, mail server and other. But I need to smoke a lot of manuals to make this. So it's a bit difficult.

It's a little late now, but I'm going to send you a PM or e-mail describing the problem to see if maybe you might know a solution. It not private or anything, it's just a little late and I didn't sleep well last night. :(

As for your rus keyboard... well. Default Windows OnScreen KB gives an horrible glitches and don't want to change language anywhere except the Desktop...  :o :P ;D  If you want, I can make a screenshot of russian OnScreen Kb, and send it to you. So you can watch at it and type cyrillic symbols after change lang by Alt+Shift.

Yes, definitely do that. I'm interested.

Daniil

OK, humbert, we had "drive trough".
Now, against, I offer to go to "General Talk" to talk about heat and other stuff. And as you ask, I attached screenshot of kbd to this message.

Hm-m-m... Jokingly.  ;D 4 attachments per post, max total size 1024 k, max individual size 128 k... 128x4=512... Hmm... It's strange, how 4 attachments, size of 128 k each one, can be max 1024 k?..  ;D  Lol...  ;D

katana

@ katana
And, where is our business girl? How it's going with business name?

New business is still in the planning stage... Hopefully, we'll be able to launch it in early September. (A friend told me not to open/start a business in August coz it's bad luck.)
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Daniil

A bad luck is starting business at August?  :) Why?  :) Never heared about that... If you can, tell about this, please.

katana

Quote from: Daniil on July 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
A bad luck is starting business at August?  :) Why?  :) Never heared about that... If you can, tell about this, please.

Oh it's just old people's superstition... :) Not much of a believer in it and I don't even know why it is bad luck. But the one who told me that is a dear friend who was just so serious when he said it that I had to reconsider. Besides, I need his help to decorate the new place! :D  It won't take much to be on his good side, ain't it?  ;D  ;) ;D
I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 26, 2012, 08:59 AM
OK, humbert, we had "drive trough".
Now, against, I offer to go to "General Talk" to talk about heat and other stuff. And as you ask, I attached screenshot of kbd to this message.

Thanks for moving all this to 'General Talk'. Many times I get carried away and end up posting stuff on topics where they don't belong. I got your pic of the Russian keyboard. I'm surprised the letters are in lower case as opposed to Latin keyboards where they're in upper case. Also, while I'm seeing an Fn key, I don't see function keys anywhere. Do you use this same keyboard (or a similar one) to type Latin characters while memorizing their position on the board?

Quote from: Daniil on July 26, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hm-m-m... Jokingly.  ;D 4 attachments per post, max total size 1024 k, max individual size 128 k... 128x4=512... Hmm... It's strange, how 4 attachments, size of 128 k each one, can be max 1024 k?..  ;D  Lol...  ;D

Ahmad knows more about this than I do. I believe it's got something to do with the amount of characters the entire post will take. There's a logic behind this but I don't fully understand it.

Before I forget, I'm attaching a Word document where I wrote my problems installing Linux Mint. Maybe you might know what I'm doing wrong.

Daniil

@ humbert
Answered your question in private message.

Sorry, bros, have a lack of time. It's a lot of work - I'm searching an investment.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on July 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
@ humbert
Answered your question in private message.
Sorry, bros, have a lack of time. It's a lot of work - I'm searching an investment.

I received your answer. Many thanks! Incidentally, don't become another chief in the sense that you can't be here because of work. :) ;D

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on July 31, 2012, 05:20 AM
I received your answer. Many thanks! Incidentally, don't become another chief in the sense that you can't be here because of work. :) ;D

Glad to help. :)
As about "chief"... Lol...  ;D I'll try to climb on a pine tree, without scratches on my butt.  ;)  8)
I guess I can be back on forum at weekend.