Computing > Microsoft Windows

Windows 8 Support

<< < (59/59)

humbert:

--- Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 20, 2018, 06:32 PM ---At work there's still windows 2003 servers active and handling very very important stuff.. and this is a super high security facility lol... I really wonder why they just dont migrate.. It wouldn't be that hard based on what it does..  Wish I was allowed to tell more.
--- End quote ---

If the hardware/software you have does what you want it to do, then obsolesence is a state of mind. Problems arise when newer software or hardware won't run on top of what you've got. If that's not happening then you're OK until it does.

Shadow.97:

--- Quote from: humbert on November 21, 2018, 09:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 20, 2018, 06:32 PM ---At work there's still windows 2003 servers active and handling very very important stuff.. and this is a super high security facility lol... I really wonder why they just dont migrate.. It wouldn't be that hard based on what it does..  Wish I was allowed to tell more.
--- End quote ---

If the hardware/software you have does what you want it to do, then obsolesence is a state of mind. Problems arise when newer software or hardware won't run on top of what you've got. If that's not happening then you're OK until it does.

--- End quote ---
The problem is when it comes to national security.
It puts me at unease atleast.

humbert:

--- Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 29, 2018, 03:46 AM ---The problem is when it comes to national security.
It puts me at unease atleast.
--- End quote ---

You're right. Old OS's that are no longer updated are a prime target for hackers. All the more reason to keep updating, especially if a company's data is at risk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version