• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: robertmo on August 13, 2014, 11:02 AM
It is somewhat strange that win8's start menu puts all program's subfolders into the main program folder making a total mess there...

Exactly my point! The start menu is a nightmare. Finding your icons entails all kinds of searches with your mouse to see where it is. Oh, and be careful to click the right icon once you find it.

robertmo

Actually I only meant the wrong order in some programs folders that were designed to have subfolders in previous windows versions.

Start menu in win 8 is ok when you order programs by categories. This way it is very similar to start menus in previous windows versions and i think even better as you don't have to navigate long to access your program.

If you have problems finding programs on the desktop like start menu, well, it is up to you to remember where things were, like it was on desktops in previous win versions.

humbert

What I meant was that in order to find and execute the exe file, you have to click the start orb, then up, then right, then up and down until you find it. Of course you can put icons on your desktop, but often getting at them means having to minimize what you're working on and bring it back later. The ideal way is the start screen - hit Winkey and you've got huge tiles staring you in the face. Single click instead of double click like a desktop icon. And of course, you can configure the tiles any way you want - put them in groups, make them smaller, turn off live tiles, etc. On my start screen, for example, I have NO live tiles at all.

Vasudev

What edition of win 8.1,  pro or home edition.

jastreb

Quote from: Vasudev on November 19, 2014, 11:47 AM
What edition of win 8.1,  pro or home edition.

QuoteWindows 8.1 Professional (x86) Integrated November 2014-Maherz | 3.54 GB

humbert

Quote from: jastreb on November 19, 2014, 10:33 PM
Причај српски, да Ñ,е разуме цео свеÑ,!

Jastreb - in keeping with our rules, you may post something in any language you want as long as you include an English translation. Maher imposed this rule precisely to prevent our forum from becoming another Tower of Babel.

Please do that.

Vasudev

WIndows 8.1 Pro ISO is fairly smaller compared to win 7 ultimate iso

Vasudev

Which one to download W8 or W7. Help me, Maher :'(

Daniil

Comrade Vasudev, i'm using Win8 since December 2013 at workplace. Flight is OK, but interface makes a fffffffrustration.

Daniil

I'll try it. But, I think, I'll stay with 7 till Win10.