• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maz 33

Hi,
I'm getting this same error when Setup.exe attempts to launch the Win 8.1 installation from the DVD. I can't proceed with the installation as it says that autorun.dll cannot be loaded. Do I need a new version of msvcrt.dll? I'm trying to install Win 8.1 on a lap top with Win XP SP3 installed. Why wouldn't the install disk have its own copy of msvcrt.dll to avoid conflicts with old dlls? Thanks.

shhnedo

Please don't tell me you're trying to start a windows installation through the .exe file on the dvd under windows.
You have to reboot the machine, set it up so it boots from your optical drive first(or from a usb device if you're using a flash stick), boot from the respective device and start the installation from there(the way it's meant to be done).

Vasudev

I think mazz33 is trying to do upgrade install from xp to 8.1. Well I'm sorry to say mazz33 you've to do a clean install. Be sure to backup your data & proceed to install windows.

maz 33

Yes, I do like what he says Vasudev
Why this error occurs

Vasudev

are you using a desktop or laptop?
First change the boot device sequence in bios to dvd drive then insert win 8 dvd and follow on-screen instructions.
For changing boot sequence use this guide: Guide

nazutokun

Can you check the download link please  :( Cant download from Rapidgator and Uploaded  :( thank you

xandor

64-bit: iso file not good.

x0r

Quote from: xandor on March 15, 2015, 01:33 AM
64-bit: iso file not good.

yes, the January windows 8.1 64-bit isn't booting.
windows boot tool and rufus have been tried, the files get transferred but the flash disk isn't bootable.

scarface

If the file install.wim is not corrupted in the iso, try to put another boot.wim...it's just a suggestion.

humbert

Pardon my ignorance but what are wim files all about? On my drive C:  there is a directory called "recovery" with a large .wim file inside it. I don't know why it's there - my system is configured for NO restore points and don't use any of Windows backup or recover "features". I boot from USB and create an Acronis image every few days. Doing this has saved my life on a few occasions.