• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lol1290

The Windows 8 64-bit files are down on uploaded and rapidgator, pls help!!! :-\

And Its making me crazy because I have to wait 1 hour because I dont have PREMIUM accaunt, to download more files at  one time  >:( ..... btw I tried VPN, so that the site wouldn't think its me on it, but It doesn't work. It downloads like 16 mb and then stops....

humbert

Quote from: lol1290 on April 03, 2015, 07:36 PM
And Its making me crazy because I have to wait 1 hour because I dont have PREMIUM accaunt, to download more files at  one time  >:( ..... btw I tried VPN, so that the site wouldn't think its me on it, but It doesn't work. It downloads like 16 mb and then stops....

Why not just buy a premium account?

lol1290

Maher can you please make part 2,5,6,8 windows 8.1 64-bit be downloaded for free? Im not paying uploaded and rapid gator just so I can download cracked windows.... :-\

shhnedo

Quote from: usmangujjar on April 04, 2015, 04:23 PM
off topic> if any one don't want extra partition of 100MB with W7 and 350MB with W8.0+, he should boot computer with Live Windows XP, 7 or other utility, create required partition, than start Windows installation as normal without deleting this created partition, just format.

You can do that through the windows installer itself. Shift+F10 durring "Install Now" screen takes you to command prompt and you can create as many partitions as you like.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on April 04, 2015, 04:23 PM
off topic> if any one don't want extra partition of 100MB with W7 and 350MB with W8.0+, he should boot computer with Live Windows XP, 7 or other utility, create required partition, than start Windows installation as normal without deleting this created partition, just format.

You can do what Shhnedo suggested, or you can also boot up Hirens or Parted Magic and make the changes. Despite all this, is making the change really worth the effort? 350 MB is nothing when you consider that probably the smallest drive you can get to day is a 64 GB SSD. Even if you find one, the price difference to a larger drive isn't worth it.

Vasudev

I use Hiren's too. You can install windows through HBCD as well and is quick; takes 20mins for complete install. 

shhnedo

Two words screw up all bootable distros thought:
Secure Freaking Boot!
Now I hate microsoft more than ever!

humbert

Quote from: shhnedo on April 06, 2015, 06:49 PM
Two words screw up all bootable distros thought:
Secure Freaking Boot!
Now I hate microsoft more than ever!

This is fixable. Go into the BIOS and disable secure boot. Some BIOSes also have support for legacy devices disabled by default. This too should be enabled.

I know this because on my new laptop I had to do all this. This is undocumented, so it took me a while to finally figure it out. I finally booted from USB, wiped the existing bloat-infested copy of Windows and installed Maher's copy.

shhnedo

I've known and I've enabled/disabled secure boot on many machines in order to boot a simple linux based antivirus usb(which is a dumb restriction). The problem comes when your BIOS has it FORCED enabled and you can't disable it. This is the kind of sh*t MS has to rethink, because very few people are willing to screw around with the BIOS and then reflash it just so they can disable secure boot.

humbert

Last I heard MS said it would allow PC manufacturers to allow disabling secure boot. The option would not be available on any of their Surface tablets. Please tell me:

1) Who is the manufacturer of that device where there was no option to disable secure boot? I want to make sure never to buy from them.

2) What exactly is the story with Windows 10? If I ran out and bought myself a new motherboard or laptop and wanted to put Windows 10 on it, could I do with the secure boot disabled the same way I did with Windows 8.1?