• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

All links updated: 11.06.2015
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

shahrokh.king

Hi and thanks for this windows, will there be any update soon to this windows? Like June 2015? Im on a limited traffic internet connection and i need a good windows 8.1 in a week or two
Thanks in advance

Vasudev

Since Maher is busy, no june releases. You can download April release and update it.

humbert

@shahroth.king - I can't give you a torrent link because it's not allowed on our forum, but trust me, copies of Windows 8 are all over the torrents and just about all of them work. Moreover, with your slow connection torrenting is your best option since downloads can be stopped and resumed at will.

shhnedo

You know, guys, there's this other option - asking a friend to download stuff and make a bootable USB on his/her pc. Simple. Now if said friend(s) also has(have) a very slow connection... dayum boy, you got some bad luck right there, brothah...

humbert

Quote from: shhnedo on June 23, 2015, 10:53 PM
You know, guys, there's this other option - asking a friend to download stuff and make a bootable USB on his/her pc. Simple. Now if said friend(s) also has(have) a very slow connection... dayum boy, you got some bad luck right there, brothah...

This is where the torrents come in. You can leave it running in the background while you do other stuff. If it crashes, no problem - torrents self-resume. I guy in Nepal who has a putrid connection says he must use torrents to download even freeware.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 25, 2015, 05:49 AM
Quote from: shhnedo on June 23, 2015, 10:53 PM

This is where the torrents come in. You can leave it running in the background while you do other stuff. If it crashes, no problem - torrents self-resume. I guy in Nepal who has a putrid connection says he must use torrents to download even freeware.
Thats awful speed.

volimfilm007

stupid question but....
how can i use and burn iso from win8-64 if the size is larger than the standard dvd
i don't wona use usb or dual layer dvd
is there a way to shrink the size or ???? can maher remove newer upadets for iso to fit dvd, and i can download upades after

Vasudev

@volimfilm007-> This is not win 8 but it is Win 8.1. Booting off USB is the only option if ISO file >4 Gigs and its way faster than dvd, since DVD can read a max of 2-8MB/s, USB can do it at 16-30MB/s depending on your PC config and installation would be complete within 15 mins. You can follow this topic if you wish to install Windows w/o CD/DVD/USB. http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2413.0
Are you familiar with Hiren's Boot CD or also known as HBCD?

humbert

To follow up on your post - DVD are yesterday's technology and are rapidly being replaced by ever larger and ever cheaper USB pendrives. Even SSD's are getting larger and cheaper - Samsung already gas a 850 EVO in 2 TB. And of course standard magnetic drives are one step away from free.

Are any of you old enough to remember floppy disks? At first they were state of the art, but soon enough you had to carry around 100 of them to copy or store just about anything. DVD's are almost in that situation

I have a DVD drive on my computer just for compatibility. I have no burning software installed, in fact I can't even remember the last time I burned a DVD, let alone a CD.