• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Its actually difficult to archive CDs to ISO especially when you have 30-40GB game CDs/Movies for future use.

volimfilm007

thank you my friends for responding to my question.
i did use installation via usb, that is not the problem, installation with it is not strange to me.
i just asked because i did burned older version of 8.1 on dvd and it was the right size. ( i damaged it and wanted to burn newer just to have it on media and not to occupies hdd or usb) but with all of this updates it doesn't fit anymore.
i know that suggestions for usb are sound i i think that is the future but i still want to have one on media. is there a link or trusted torrent( on my pp) for downloading x64 which will fit on dvd. i still see torrents with updates(march 2015) with 3.6 to 4... gb.
i don't trust them and i wanted to find the unmodified version here. that is my problem, why is this one so big.
can you help me with smaller size or older version with less updates.
thanks

Vasudev

@volimfilm007-> You can download latest maherz release and remove un-needed features using WinReducer or Win Toolkit or NTLite.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on July 13, 2015, 05:51 PM
@volimfilm007-> You can download latest maherz release and remove un-needed features using WinReducer or Win Toolkit or NTLite.

Have you tested this yourself? If so, generally what kind of stuff does it allow you to remove? Most importantly, does it alert you if you try to remove an important part of the OS?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 14, 2015, 04:35 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on July 13, 2015, 05:51 PM

Have you tested this yourself? If so, generally what kind of stuff does it allow you to remove? Most importantly, does it alert you if you try to remove an important part of the OS?
As a matter of fact i didn't test it on win 8.1, even if you remove system files on win 8.1 you can download it later from Ms server through DISM.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on July 14, 2015, 08:57 AM
As a matter of fact i didn't test it on win 8.1, even if you remove system files on win 8.1 you can download it later from Ms server through DISM.

I refer to removal of system files that will cause the OS not to work. Downloading is impossible if the system won't even boot.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 17, 2015, 04:14 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on July 14, 2015, 08:57 AM

I refer to removal of system files that will cause the OS not to work. Downloading is impossible if the system won't even boot.
Won't Wintoolkit or similar warn while removing a certain system component and user can choose not to remove that component to ensure OS works.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on July 17, 2015, 08:43 AM
Won't Wintoolkit or similar warn while removing a certain system component and user can choose not to remove that component to ensure OS works.

That's what I'm trying to find out. As I see it, removing vital system files should not even be optional. Does it even warn you or what?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 19, 2015, 05:24 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on July 17, 2015, 08:43 AM

That's what I'm trying to find out. As I see it, removing vital system files should not even be optional. Does it even warn you or what?
I toggle an option to "Protect system files" on Win Reducer

imransiddiki

Please Update the links.