• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 8 Support

Started by humbert, August 07, 2012, 04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack53

Got win 8 x86 9300 but not x64 where is it to be found?

mack53

Never mind got it. is v 9300 the RTM product? Also is it better to sign up with a local account?

humbert

Quote from: mack53 on October 23, 2012, 03:29 AM
Never mind got it. is v 9300 the RTM product? Also is it better to sign up with a local account?

It all depends on the individual. If you sign up with a Microsoft account, when you turn your system on you must enter a password because just about everything is synced with their servers, including your Windows settings. If you have no problem with this, then that's what you do. Otherwise, the only things that sync are e-mail, calendar and some game scores if you play Metro games. No password is needed on bootup and everything else stays on your local computer.

Personally I'm paranoid about the cloud and I don't like entering a password when I turn my computer on. Naturally someone else might think differently.

BTW if you don't like cloud syncing and prefer a local account, get off the internet when you install Win8, otherwise it'll hound you endlessly to use a Microsoft account.

mack53

Thanks for the info, like you I don't really care to have Microsoft knowing everything I do with my computer. That was the main reason I've stayed away from Win 8 til now. Kinda like putting tags on cows so you can keep count. But anyway thanks again love the board..

8)

humbert

Quote from: mack53 on October 24, 2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the info, like you I don't really care to have Microsoft knowing everything I do with my computer. That was the main reason I've stayed away from Win 8 til now. Kinda like putting tags on cows so you can keep count. But anyway thanks again love the board..
8)

I totally agree! Despite this I do strongly urge you to get on the Windows 8 bandwagon. Once you understand W8 it you'll see it's terrific! Feel free to ask me any questions, I've become an expert at it the hard way  ;).

As for syncing, always use a local account. Use the calendar app only to check dates. Don't put down items such as [for example] doctor's visits because you'll find that info all over Microsoft's servers. You know how a mail app works, so using theirs doesn't really matter. Apps such as news, sports, weather, stocks etc don't matter either. The gaming app and almost all the Metro games are synced, but that doesn't matter because you'd open an account on xboxlive with a strange name and no personal data with all sharing blocked. Who would even know (or care) that you're lousy at solitaire?  :) ;D

I only hope that after the 26th this phone-activation scam that Microsoft is purposely carrying out won't just go away. As I've mentioned often before, this is one more sneaky way M$ has established to get Windows into as many computers as possible regardless of whether that person paid for it.

mack53

Well, been running Win 8 now for over 24 hours and got most of the basics down. Found an activator that seems to work or it says its activated. Mostly what I see on the web is people really don't like change they like their little rut they live in. running X64 Pro and really like it.  But would really like to see Daz or someone that I know of create a activator.
As for Microsoft they really don't care about single use users running their software for free, they hunt down the large companies that like to buy one copy and run it on 200 plus machines and bust them. All we do is give them bragging rights in how many people are using their software in their ads.

8)

a7md 3bd al3al

hi everyone
i am new here but i am Good observer for your site from 4 years
thanx for evry thing you bring here

CseTanumoy

Hello Everyone...
Its time 2 up lode windows 8 official Release ISO Image... :) :) :) :) :) :) :-\ :-\

blacksabbath16

This website is crazy!! will be reading this like a bible from now on, every day!! And yes, please upload win8 official .ISO preferably the enterprise version  ;D

treides

Yes, please upload to us the new Windows 8 Ultimate x64. Thank You.

GREAT website, great people!

THANK YOU for all!