• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

@shadow-> Give me some examples of a few games available for Linux. Also, did you pay for them? I realize today it's hard to get games you don't pay for because with many you have to log into a server, be it Steam, Uplay or whatever else. I agree that emulation is garbage for games and many other things. I've noticed that under Wine the only Windows apps that run OK are portable ones.

@mangujjar -> Microsoft keeps saying with 8 and 8.1 are less taxing on older systems. I've run both on my old laptop and frankly I'd have to agree. For that reason I honestly believe that for games on a Windows system, you're better off with 8.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on January 28, 2014, 01:13 AM
@shadow-> Give me some examples of a few games available for Linux. Also, did you pay for them? I realize today it's hard to get games you don't pay for because with many you have to log into a server, be it Steam, Uplay or whatever else. I agree that emulation is garbage for games and many other things. I've noticed that under Wine the only Windows apps that run OK are portable ones.

@mangujjar -> Microsoft keeps saying with 8 and 8.1 are less taxing on older systems. I've run both on my old laptop and frankly I'd have to agree. For that reason I honestly believe that for games on a Windows system, you're better off with 8.

First; Euro Truck Simulator 2, I love that game.
Second; The Counter strike series.
Third; Portal 2.
Fourth; Warcraft 3(Must be used with emulator what I am aware of)
Fifth; Europa Universalis IV
Sixth; Minecraft
Seventh; Rust
Eighth; Starbound
Ninth; Terraria
Tenth; Metro Last Light
Eleventh; Garrysmod/TF2 and all of those.
Twelfth(?); Amnesia
Thirteenth; DotA 2
Fourteenth(?); Trine 2
Fifteenth; Quake live
Sixteenth; Crusader Kings II

The list goes on and on :) There's alot of games for linux, the problem is, do you like them enough to pay for them?(Some are free though)

humbert

@shadow â–¼ I saved the list of game you told me about. Thanks! Just a quick question - just for me to run a test, can you provide a download link for 1 or 2, preferably one where I don't have to pay since I'm just testing the game?

How do you install them? With Linux sometimes this is tricky unless you're downloading straight from a repository.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on January 30, 2014, 01:36 AM
@shadow â–¼ I saved the list of game you told me about. Thanks! Just a quick question - just for me to run a test, can you provide a download link for 1 or 2, preferably one where I don't have to pay since I'm just testing the game?

How do you install them? With Linux sometimes this is tricky unless you're downloading straight from a repository.
I personally don't know how to crack games for Linux. All games I've really played on Linux is purchased.
And the counterstrike series is a bit lame in my opinion if you can't play on the real "official" servers. Never got that worked cracked on windows, so I only played it legally. Sorry. I can't really help.

humbert

That's the big problem with games nowadays. Almost everywhere to play it you have to log into some server with an account. And just about everything out there is MMO or with some multiplayer thing. You're the odd one out if you like to play with yourself.  (¿)

Shadow.97

Quote from: usmangujjar on February 08, 2014, 04:23 PM
if any one have torrents of old bike racing games please send me.
i checked some new games system requirements, my pc is not suitable for heavy games.
specs of my PC here:
intel xeon 2.8ghz cpu
4gb ram
256mb nvidia quadro graphics
Do you think your computer can run a playstation/xbox emulator (first gen)? If so there is alot of fun old games to play.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on February 08, 2014, 04:23 PM
if any one have torrents of old bike racing games please send me.
i checked some new games system requirements, my pc is not suitable for heavy games.
specs of my PC here:
intel xeon 2.8ghz cpu
4gb ram
256mb nvidia quadro graphics

Your system isn't as bad as you think it is. It's your lousy graphics card that's got to be replaced immediately. How long has it been since anyone's made a video card with 256mb?

Daniil

@usmangujjar
There's lack of motorbike racing games at all. I never heared about good bike racing games ever.

@Shadow97
Comrade, you can add to your list a Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Very nice game, works fine on Ubuntu (Warning! Mighty time-eater, highly addictive! ;D)

Shadow.97

Is anyone here going to play Wildstars? Personally I think I'll get it, it seems like a nice game, and alot of my friends are getting it. Hopefully it wont be a disappointment like Guildwars 2.

humbert

@Shadow -> I was looking at Wildstars in another tab. I like the fact that it's not a first person shooter - you can see your character from above just like in Diablo (my favorite game). It this an MMO like Guildwars?