• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

I have a Dendy. It's like 8-bit Nintendo Famicom (for many western forum members name "NES - Nintendo Entertament System" is better known), but it's Dendy. ;D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Dendy_Junior_with_cart_and_joypads.jpg

To explain what I meant - Dendy is chinese pirated clone of Famicom, created for Russia at mid 90-th, and was selling in Russia as truly licensed registered (c) (r) (tm) and so on western game console. Nintendo many times tried to sue with company "Steepler" (which sells Dendy and mighty bunch of pirated game cartridges), but always had failed because of no laws was in 90-th. Also, Steeples, while it was selling pirated consoles and pirated games for pirated consoles, registered its trademark, and sues all other companies, which was dare to pirating Nintendo games in Russia. :) Well, we had very many fun in our country at 90-th... ;D

So, Dendy == Famicom == NES. I repaired my Dendy and play on it from time to time.

scarface

to daniil: you can find some emulators for nes too. I remember the game ninja turtles. I never defeated the technodrome though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMEs2IwEgJM

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on September 14, 2014, 08:25 PM
to daniil: you can find some emulators for nes too. I remember the game ninja turtles. I never defeated the technodrome though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMEs2IwEgJM
Oh, TMNT!  :D Yes, that was great. But that wasn't my favorite. My favorite NES game was Ghostbusters II
BTW, here is new one:

Already want. :)

scarface

Vasudev

Scarface-> How to create a setup files or msi files.

scarface

QuoteHow to create a setup files or msi files.
it can be done with insted (free) or orca.
It's quite easy to modify them and rebuild the cabs. At least for Farcry it is.
Ive tried with office 2007 too but for some reasons when rebuilding the cabs in the media tables, makecab is failing. Since there is a digital signature in the original cabs, I don't know if it would work anyway.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on January 04, 2015, 03:31 AM
You know that I only have one game on my computer, which is farcry. I downloaded it when it was released in 2004 and I never threw it away. However, I was a bit disturbed because this game was taking too much space on my ssd, that's to say 2,7 Gb not counting 200 mb of patches.
With the Greeks in europe, and now with more and more Syrians, we know that we can't keep everything, it's obvious. Nowadays, having space is without doubt a luxury.

You're still playing a game written in 2004? I just looked at a video of Farcry 4 on Steam's web site. I'm assuming the graphics on your game are terrible by comparison. Also - 2.7 GB is not too much space. I don't think anyone is making HDD's less than 1 TB, nor SSD's less then 128 GB. You can even get 128GB USB 3.0 flashdrives for a reasonable price.  And of course don't forget prices are dropping almost by the day.

Where are these Greeks and Syrians other than on the news? Are they all over Paris taking over what little space there is or what? Also, as you're aware, Europe has always been plagued by a lack of space. There are more people in the EU countries combined that there are in the USA, with probably 25% of the physical territory.

Vasudev

I'm still playing games dated from 1995-2014.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 04, 2015, 08:14 PM

Newer games make more sense. For older games it's ridiculous. Many still ask for a resolution of 1024 x 768 or even 800 x 600. Are you old enough to remember that?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 07, 2015, 07:36 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on January 04, 2015, 08:14 PM

Newer games make more sense. For older games it's ridiculous. Many still ask for a resolution of 1024 x 768 or even 800 x 600. Are you old enough to remember that?
Yes I remember. There are hacks which can be employed to the ini file which gives option for higher resolution, but need to download new updated audio files, HD textures and more, quite tiring job of downloading couple of Gigs over the net.