• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doomcake

Wolfschanze II (uses fear 2 game engine)

i'm hoping it turns out to be better than Wolfschanze I  :)

also PLAYING Red faction Armageddon ,though i can't seem to get "path to war dlc" to show up in the menu :(

scarface

Another mod for farcry, called "deadly contract"
It's very good, albeit a bit difficult.
http://crymods.net/e107_files/downloads/Deadly_contract.exe

humbert

Just about all these games are first person shooters, right? Is there any good game that isn't? I hate first person shooters, they make me dizzy.

Vasudev

I've only liked playing thief (2014). CS was tough for me as I was shot right between the eyes on my first LAN play attempt.

Daniil

Well, "old school" games sometimes better than new. Modern game industry transforms to a Hollywood-like industry, where under bright cover and fluffy fluff hidden nothing. I mean, many modern games have too primitive and straight gameplay, and they are too easy. Many old games also primitive, but in difference from new, they was difficult.

BTW, кomяades, how you imagine a game of your dream? What it should be? What it must have and what it must not contain?

Vasudev

Quote from: Daniil on January 13, 2015, 11:46 AM
Well, "old school" games sometimes better than new. Modern game industry transforms to a Hollywood-like industry, where under bright cover and fluffy fluff hidden nothing. I mean, many modern games have too primitive and straight gameplay, and they are too easy. Many old games also primitive, but in difference from new, they was difficult.

BTW, кomяades, how you imagine a game of your dream? What it should be? What it must have and what it must not contain?
Thief also has similar maps you've mentioned.

Daniil

Thief isn't FPS, кomяade.

Vasudev

is there difference between fps & stealth games.

humbert

I agree that today's games have a lot of "smoke and mirrors". But they're certainly more complex than they were 20 years ago.

And speaking of games, let me ask something. I just took a look at some screenshots of Thief on Steam's web site. If you wanted to buy the game and install it, would you first have to download and install the Steam launcher and use it to load the game? Could you get it elsewhere and not use Steam? Do all games force you to use some sort of launcher?

Daniil

@ Humbert
To buy and install the game you should use Steam app. I.e., you buying apps through the Steam. After you bought it, you can download it and it will automatically installed in a folder for steam applications (it's a subfolder of a Steam app folder, so if you have lack of space on C:\, install Steam on other disc.). Inside the folder of a game all is the same as when game installed from CD or p-rated image. 8)

Also, some thoughts about p-rating. Don't feed the monopolies, but support the developers. Relic studio (guys who made WH:Dawn Of War, WH:Dawn Of War 2 and WH:Spacemarine) was closed because they had not enough income - because all their games was p-rated and didn't bring them money. So, we never see WH:Spacemarine 2. And I feel sad and ashamed, because I also used p-rated copy of DoW...  :-\ So, continue p-racy, but if you find a game as jewel, support the guys who wrote it.