• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 06, 2016, 07:05 PM
When did you ditch 660 SLIs? Planning to buy Pascal GPUs in near future? Hitman Absolution, Far cry primal uses dx12.

I put the 2 old cards away. I'm not familiar with Pascal GPU. Let me check and see what games I get.

Quote from: Vasudev link=topic=833.msg26726#msg26726 date=14652
Do you own a bank yourself?
/quote]

I wish! Here credit isn't too hard to get. Naturally if you take care of your credit the way I do, it's much easier when you buy stuff.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 08, 2016, 05:48 PM
[

I wish! Here credit isn't too hard to get. Naturally if you take care of your credit the way I do, it's much easier when you buy stuff.
I wish! I could get the same facility here too.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 09, 2016, 06:40 PM

How hard is it to get credit in India?

When I've traveled outside the USA, some of the reasons I've found is (1) lack of economic solvency by the borrowers, (2) many people who don't pay their bills, (3) the high rate of inflation for that country's currency. Is this what happens in India?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 14, 2016, 07:55 PM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 09, 2016, 06:40 PM

How hard is it to get credit in India?

When I've traveled outside the USA, some of the reasons I've found is (1) lack of economic solvency by the borrowers, (2) many people who don't pay their bills, (3) the high rate of inflation for that country's currency. Is this what happens in India?
You said it. Unless you're Vijay Mallya(I hope he has enough credits to pay his phone bills!) or Ambani's you're not getting a credit card from banks.

humbert

what games are available in 4K and/or DX-12? Is there a reliable link with this information?

With my new monitor/video card combo I'm running Diablo III a 3840x2160 @60FPS. It looks incredible! Maybe there are other games that support this.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 27, 2016, 06:45 AM
what games are available in 4K and/or DX-12? Is there a reliable link with this information?

With my new monitor/video card combo I'm running Diablo III a 3840x2160 @60FPS. It looks incredible! Maybe there are other games that support this.
Probably all games of 2015 and 2016 incl. Witcher 3, Watch dogs, sleeping dogs definitive edition, AOTS benchmark etc

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 27, 2016, 06:45 AM

You should put a 660 as a slave card to calc PhysX

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 29, 2016, 03:32 PM

I'm not too clear how that arrangement works. According to Nvidia, you cannot connect or more cards in SLI unless they have the same GPU and the same amount of RAM. I'm thinking this might not SLI. Can you install 2 card without SLI and have the 2 GPU's perform some sort of parallel processing?

Another benefit of using a single GTX-970 coupled with a Core i7-4770K is less power usage. The case no longer blows hot air when I play my game. Also, my 550VA UPS doesn't kick out when running the system at full load.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on July 01, 2016, 03:12 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 29, 2016, 03:32 PM

I'm not too clear how that arrangement works. According to Nvidia, you cannot connect or more cards in SLI unless they have the same GPU and the same amount of RAM. I'm thinking this might not SLI. Can you install 2 card without SLI and have the 2 GPU's perform some sort of parallel processing?

Another benefit of using a single GTX-970 coupled with a Core i7-4770K is less power usage. The case no longer blows hot air when I play my game. Also, my 550VA UPS doesn't kick out when running the system at full load.
Not sure if it requires a SLI bridge, but well basically, go into the Nvidia control panel -> Set 3d Preferences -> Set PhysX Configuration, and select the older card to calc physx.

Will most likely not look the same for you, because I'm running my Intel cpu as gfx card at the moment because I'm not having any games up

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 01, 2016, 04:10 PM
Not sure if it requires a SLI bridge, but well basically, go into the Nvidia control panel -> Set 3d Preferences -> Set PhysX Configuration, and select the older card to calc physx.
Will most likely not look the same for you, because I'm running my Intel cpu as gfx card at the moment because I'm not having any games up

Did you ever run this test yourself? I'm asking because, as I recall, the first time I ran 2 video cards instead of 1, even before booting up I got a warning message that no SLI bridge was connected. In my case an SLI bridge is out of the question, Nvidia says a GTX-970 and GTX-660 won't mix.