• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on December 02, 2018, 02:39 AM
Been playing some BF5 the last days.
It's been a positive experience.
However i must say, that i hope that they do not change TTL(time to kill). As i always preferred  the hardcore modes of battlefields.

The game has a great flow, even on low fps.
I'd say 45 fps feels like 90 fps in many other games.

Not overly chaotic so far, and a very visually appealing game.
Will attach some screenshots as soon as i un-bricked my computer. (It keeps attempting to upgrade to 1809, which fails each time. Leaving it in an unbootable state.).
Use Dism++ or windows update blocker to cleanup Windows 10 junk blocking the update OR disable WU entirely. I think Humbert can vouch for Dism++'s effectiveness.

scarface

Tonight, a new, smaller repack of Crysis 3 remastered is available on the forum (Build Mar 14, 2021).

Link: Crysis 3

The repack is exceptionally small, only 4.44 Gb 5,05 Gb.
Note that the multiplayer files were deleted.  Note that during setup some files are transcoded and rebuilt.

The progress counter for the transcoding work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMbAm_XErs

scarface

Lately, I released a lot of game repacks. Concerning Bring to light, The conjuring house or Slender, I didn't test any of them at all. If one of these games is tedious, or if one of them is excellent, feel free to give your views, so that we can know if it's useful to leave them on the forum.

scarface

Shadow.97

Talking about games..
I was positively surprised by Dirt 2.0.

It added small elements that in the bigrun make the game much better than the original Dirt Rally.

It adds even more focus on driving safe, more than driving crazy spinning around and such.
Now it costs alot to repair your car. If you crash it you may have to finish several rounds with only 3 tyres. Which is very hard.
It also now punishes you for blasting through the end corner, just because you didnt take damage after finishline earlier.
You also get a proper punishment for leaving the startline too early.

What are the Cons?
Its still hard to get into, if you dont buy the 'premium' feature where you get more cars to start off with.
Thats one of the main issues I had with the original Dirt Rally. I played so many rounds just to get my 2nd car and actually start playing the game properly. The first cars limited me to Rally cross. Sure, fun, but not 3 hour grind fun.
Extremely graphically taxing audience, bringing fps down to the 30's.

Video(Click Image) of a random track I played. You can visibly see me get punishing for cutting a corner, and not breaking in time.
I would most likely have made that U turn if I had softer tyres. I chose the hardest ones as they currently are the most economic ones, as they dont get wear and tear as fast. At the cost of crashing the entire car and ending up costing more anyway..  ???

Anyways.
Mostly been playing this, vrchat, PUBG, League of Legends, Factorio and super hexagon lately.
They're all great games in their own ways.

scarface

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 24, 2019, 04:40 AM
Talking about games..
I was positively surprised by Dirt 2.0.

It added small elements that in the bigrun make the game much better than the original Dirt Rally.
I'm still trying to find a race game as good as Gran turismo 2. With the Renault Espace F1. To no evail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGUyIOGVa0M

scarface

A repack of Metro 2033 Redux is available for the users the forum
Based on GOG release v2.0.0.2 with Update 7.

Note that the sequel with the annoying alien (Metro last light) was deleted from the forum. This repack is smaller than the Metro Last light repack. Some cloud space was also needed.

Only 3.82 gb
Link : https://mega.nz/#F!VZ1xjK4Y!VXNXBgupjyuc0kEyQvTcoA

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on February 24, 2019, 07:16 PM
A repack of Metro 2033 Redux is available for the users the forum
Based on GOG release v2.0.0.2 with Update 7.

Note that the sequel with the annoying alien (Metro last light) was deleted from the forum. This repack is smaller than the Metro Last light repack. Some cloud space was also needed.

Only 3.82 gb
Link : soon

Mr babouin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdF2n0XLKyk
I was searching for the link and didn't find it! Hahaaa..
Please upload it to Mega.nz

humbert

I read an article saying that in the not-too-distant future more and more games will be streamed. You play the game in your browser. Their servers, not your computer, do the heavy work. Nothings needs to be installed and an old computer will play the game as well as a new one, provided you have a relatively fast internet connection.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on February 28, 2019, 05:52 AM
I read an article saying that in the not-too-distant future more and more games will be streamed. You play the game in your browser. Their servers, not your computer, do the heavy work. Nothings needs to be installed and an old computer will play the game as well as a new one, provided you have a relatively fast internet connection.
Yeah 100Mb is a bare minimum for lag free experience. Its just like Nvidia stream.