• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

What games are you playing?

Started by aa1234779, October 27, 2012, 12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on February 28, 2019, 05:52 AM
I read an article saying that in the not-too-distant future more and more games will be streamed. You play the game in your browser. Their servers, not your computer, do the heavy work. Nothings needs to be installed and an old computer will play the game as well as a new one, provided you have a relatively fast internet connection.

There are currently Datacenters in London that offers this feature. 50mbit was recommended if i recall correctly.

The specific company is also something I forgot about.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 01, 2019, 02:30 AM
There are currently Datacenters in London that offers this feature. 50mbit was recommended if i recall correctly. The specific company is also something I forgot about.

That's exactly what I read too. Just one thing. By 50mbps I assume they mean down. What about up? Is there a minimum for that?

scarface

Today, a new repack is available on the forum, titled Call of Duty advanced Warfare.
I know that humbert dislikes FPS, but I imagine that shadow.97 might be interested in this.

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2cG30FBas

only 22.8 Gb. Nothing was ripped.
Not available any more.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on February 28, 2019, 07:07 AM
I read an article saying that in the not-too-distant future more and more games will be streamed. You play the game in your browser. Their servers, not your computer, do the heavy work. Nothings needs to be installed and an old computer will play the game as well as a new one, provided you have a relatively fast internet connection.
Yeah 100Mb is a bare minimum for lag free experience. Its just like Nvidia stream.
I'd say that you're wrong.
I set up a VPN at home, and could play at distance with below 100mbit on the receiving end. I was at my cousins house.

(Steam home stream over vpn)
My estimation is that it was around 30 mbit. Ofcourse not top quality, and it was 768p.
Ping around 3~5ms as it was within my hometown and using fiber.
This was a few years ago when steam home stream was new. Was playing GTA 5 this way when we were having birthday parties.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 24, 2019, 05:00 AM
I set up a VPN at home, and could play at distance with below 100mbit on the receiving end. I was at my cousins house.

Did you do this using your router or with VPN software?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 24, 2019, 05:13 AM

Did you do this using your router or with VPN software?

OpenVPN on the same machine that the game was streamed from.

Vasudev

Quote from: Vasudev on February 28, 2019, 07:07 AM
Yeah 100Mb is a bare minimum for lag free experience. Its just like Nvidia stream.
I'd say that you're wrong.

(Steam home stream over vpn)
My estimation is that it was around 30 mbit. Ofcourse not top quality, and it was 768p.
Ping around 3~5ms as it was within my hometown and using fiber.
This was a few years ago when steam home stream was new. Was playing GTA 5 this way when we were having birthday parties.
Even with OFC the pings are around 10-50ms. For a single user 30-50Mbps is more than enough. For a household you need 100Mbps when everyone uses the same WiFi AP continuously streaming/downloading/uploading stuffs.

scarface

Tonight, A repack of the game We. The revolution, that was released in 2019, is available on the forum.
This is the latest version of gog, v1.3.0. (therefore, don't apply updates 1.01 ,1.02, 1.03 and 1.04).

Summary: As a judge of the Revolutionary Tribunal, preside over complicated cases of ordinary citizens, dangerous criminals, and enemies of the revolution in revolutionary Paris. Make judgments, plot political intrigue, and try to not lose your own head.

Only 1.16 Gb

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/NQ00CZxB#gXWXlziL_Mn_NkIt552OeA

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on March 30, 2019, 08:53 PM
Tonight, A repack of the game We. The revolution, that was released in 2019, is available on the forum.
Unlike fitgirl's repack, This is the latest version of gog, v1.1.0. (therefore, don't apply updates 1.01 ,1.02, 1.03 and 1.04).

Summary: As a judge of the Revolutionary Tribunal, preside over complicated cases of ordinary citizens, dangerous criminals, and enemies of the revolution in revolutionary Paris. Make judgments, plot political intrigue, and try to not lose your own head.

Only 1.17 Gb

Link: soon

I'm waiting for the link!

Vasudev

Quote from: scarface on May 31, 2019, 09:57 PM
The link for the repack of Layer of Fears 2 is finally available above. It's being uploaded.
imported to Mega drive along with dishonored 2.