Maher's Digital World

What games are you playing?

Offline scarface

Re: What games are you playing?
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14 AM »
My father used to play the game "Psycho Pinball". It was the only game he knew. It's probably the case for Maher's father too.
When I think about it, I'm not sure he was still playing this game last summer. He was going to bed quite early. At this time maybe he was already ill.

As far as the stock markets are concerned, I find them very expensive. Maybe the s&p 500 peaked today at 3020 points. When you are looking at the PERs of many stocks in the Dow Jones, like Microsoft, Walmart, Mcdo, you have some ratios between 25 and 35. The PER of Procter & Gamble is even standing at 90 for 2019! Historically it's very high. If you have stocks listed on the NYSE, I would sell if I were you.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:33 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2019, 12:35 PM »
I imagine that some of you, like shadow.97 or humbert, played Penumbra - overture.
It's a difficult game, maybe you'll need some help: https://www.ign.com/faqs/2007/penumbra-overture-walkthrough-779480

Note: in order to make smaller repacks, I will try to make an AIO, with Penumbra Black Plague and Penumbra overture.

Offline scarface

« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Today, a new repack for Penumbra Overture and Penumbra Black Plague is available.
Both games are installed. Penumbra requiem is not present in the repack since the last opus is less interesting than the 2 first games.
This repack is 20% smaller than the 2 separate games (only 350 Mb).
Note that you could encounter an error with certain certain configurations, and see the error "Check your OpenAL installation" in Penumbra Black Plague. The necessary files were added to avoid such problems (they were not available in the former repack).

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!UYM2lAaK!eHR3m82_UsZDEuiipx1x0w

Presentation of Penumbra Overture:

Penumbra: Overture is the first game of the Penumbra series and was originally released on March 30, 2007. Originally titled Penumbra: Overture - Episode One, it was supposed to be the first of three episodes, however Episode Two and Three were scrapped and Penumbra: Black Plague was created in their place, continuing where Penumbra: Overture left off.

The story: Set in the year 2000, Penumbra: Overture follows the story of Philip Buchanon, a thirty-year-old physicist whose mother has recently died. After receiving a mysterious letter from his supposedly dead father, Philip follows a series of clues that lead to him to a mysterious location in uninhabited northern Greenland.

The harsh cold forces him to take shelter in an abandoned mine. Unfortunately, the mine's entrance collapses as he enters it, and he is forced to move deeper inside. Within the mine, Philip discovers diary extracts written by a scientist of some sort, who was alone and gradually resorted to eating cave-dwelling spiders as an alternative food source as his supplies diminished. The unknown person also describes discovering a psychoactive toxin in the spiders and deduced that, after eight months of consuming them in the mine, it was beginning to have an effect on him, physically. Philip also begins receiving radio messages from Tom "Red" Redwood, a man driven insane by cabin fever. Red promises that if he is found, he will give Philip answers. The game follows Philip as he descends deeper into the mines in search of Red while unraveling the secrets of the mine's previous and current inhabitants.

Philip quickly discovers that the mine is inhabited by an ecosystem of abnormally large and hostile animals: dogs, giant spiders, and gargantuan earthworms among others. Abandoned outposts and various scattered papers found throughout the mine indicate that a secret society is studying some unusual phenomena inside the mines.

Following clues and solving various puzzles, Philip eventually comes to an area deep within the mine where Red is waiting for him. Red waits inside an incinerator where he begs Philip to kill him. With no other option, Philip activates the incinerator and, amongst Red's remains, he finds items he needs to progress into a new area of the mine which is identified as "The Shelter". Once inside, Philip notices what appears to be a human watching him. Philip approaches the figure, but the lighting is suddenly extinguished and Philip is knocked out and dragged away.

Presentation of Penumbra: Black Plague:

Penumbra: Black Plague is a creepy and dark psychological horror experience featuring the adventures of Philip as he sets of in search of his dead father. Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance. Surrounded by enemies and assaulted by terror from all sides, Philip must collect clues and solve vexing puzzles while combating the gnawing psychological terrors that assail his mind and threaten to strip him of his sanity. Can Philip master his fear and finally uncover the truth behind a mystery that has haunted him for a lifetime?

The story: Penumbra - Black Plague begins as an email sent by Philip Buchanon to a friend, explaining what has happened to him and begging him to finish the work he could not. The rest of the game then proceeds as a flashback narrated by Phillip to his friend in the email, beginning from where the previous game left off.

The game begins with Phillip waking up in a locked room, after being knocked out by an unseen being at the end of the first game. Phillip manages to escape via a nearby air-vent, and finds himself in the underground research facility of the Archaic Elevated Caste, a secret organization dedicated to discovering and researching ancient knowledge. The base is abandoned and in ruins, with all its personnel either dead or transformed into "the Infected", fast, zombie-like creatures that attack Phillip on sight.

Phillip discovers that he has also been infected; however, his reaction to the virus is extremely abnormal; instead of joining the infected hive-mind, he develops a sarcastic, malevolent split-personality that calls itself Clarence who constantly taunts Phillip throughout the course of the game.

Via the base's computer network, Phillip is contacted by Amabel Swanson, an Archaic research scientist who has managed to survive the outbreak by locking herself in her lab. Swanson promises to help cure Philip's infection, if he will make his way to her section of the facility and rescue her.

Through dialogue with Swanson, and various scattered documents found throughout the base, Phillip learns that the Archaic came to Greenland to look for the "Tuurngait," an ancient entity described in native Inuit mythology as primordial spirits native to the area. Penetrating deep underground, the Archaic found and released the Tuurngait, which manifested as a sentient virus that infected the base's personnel. Phillip discovers his father Howard managed to communicate with the Tuurngait, but what he learned drove him to commit suicide after sending Phillip a letter ordering him to destroy his research documents.

Phillip eventually manages to make his way to Amabel's lab, but Clarence causes him to hallucinate and murder Amabel. Using Amabel's lab notes, Phillip manages to rid himself of Clarence by extracting him using a lab machine. However, the machine transfers Clarence into a nearby corpse, which he reanimates and uses to attack Phillip.

Phillip is saved by the Tuurngait itself, as several Infected arrive to destroy Clarence, for Clarence now possesses an individual body and mind rather than part of "the many" in Tuurngait. The Tuurngait communicates directly with Phillip, sending him into his own mind and putting him through a series of spiritual tests designed to test his ability to cooperate, show mercy, and demonstrate self-sacrifice.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:56 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Today, a new version of the repack of Soma is available on the forum.
Once again, it's a little bit smaller. If you already have the former version of the repack, you just have to download the new setup-4.bin and setup.exe and delete setup-5.bin.

Soma is a science fiction survival horror video game published by Frictional Games for Microsoft Windows.

Soma takes place on an underwater remote research facility with machinery that begins to take on human characteristics. Simon Jarrett, a fish out of water protagonist, finds himself at the facility under mysterious circumstances and is inadvertently forced into uncovering its past, while trying to make sense of his predicament and potential future.

only 6.93 Gb 6.84 Gb
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!8Yd1TIzC!1NKvea7yQQUBEB135t0wiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fc67yQsPqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dCR3VinMM
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:23 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2019, 12:00 PM »
Tonight, a new AIO repack for Amnesia - The dark descent & Amnesia - A machine for pigs is available on the forum.
This repack is smaller (25%) than the repacks of the two separate games. For both games shortcuts are installed.
Note that map_cache files were deleted.
As of 19 September: some ogg files were re-encoded. The TGA files were recompressed.

Warning: If you play in a dark room, set the brightness/contrast to the right level, wear headphones, then the game might be scary for some users.

Size: 1.49 Gb 1.29 Gb only
Link: https://mega.nz/#F!fOJQDAbS!m6w31Md987JNvGDS9Y5arg

Amnesia - the Dark Descent

Amnesia - A machine for pigs
This is the sequel of the game Amnesia, the dark descent (that was considered for some as one of the most frightening games ever released).

The death of Sardanapalus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYEblYXLxng
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:18 AM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2019, 11:40 AM »
Tonight, a new repack of Dishonored is available on the forum.
It's much smaller than the former repack (2.7 Gb vs 4.3 Gb). In this version the DLC (dowloadable content) was deleted, hence a smaller repack. There is only the main campaign in this repack.

Link: Dishonored repack

As Corvo Attano, protector to an Empress, players find themselves in Dunwall, a grimy port city whose population is being decimated by a rat-born plague. It’s an industrial setting; a fishing town grown rich off the back of the whale oil that powers the city’s circuits. It’s also a hive of corruption, political machinations and power grabbing, and this all comes to the fore when the Empress is assassinated, and Corvo sets out to avenge her death.

That vengeance can take many forms. Unlike so many video game protagonists, Corvo is not pre-ordained to be a mass murderer. The entire game can be completed without killing a single person, so guards can be avoided or knocked unconscious, and non-lethal options can be found for assassination targets.

Of course, if you want to cut a bloody swathe across Dunwall, that’s catered for too. Just be warned: killing your way to the end of the game has a number of ramifications. More dead bodies means more rats and more guards, and a darker overall conclusion.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 02:31 PM by scarface »

Offline scarface

« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2019, 07:30 AM »
Note that a smaller repack (500mb smaller) for outlast 2 is available here, all the "recording" videos (useless) were deleted: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg29111#msg29111
I will also try to make another smaller repack of Soma.

Offline scarface

« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2019, 03:29 PM »
Note that a new repack of We.the revolution will be available next week here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg30171#msg30171
For those who already have the game, I'm not sure it's necessary to download it, it will only be the latest version of the game (v1.30). This new version adds a few improvements: https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/we-revolution-update-adds-special-arena-mode
I hope Vasudev enjoyed this game.

Note that the new link is available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg30171#msg30171
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:58 AM by scarface »

« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Note that a new repack of We.the revolution will be available next week here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg30171#msg30171
For those who already have the game, I'm not sure it's necessary to download it, it will only be the latest version of the game (v1.30). This new version adds a few improvements: https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/we-revolution-update-adds-special-arena-mode
I hope Vasudev enjoyed this game.

Note that the new link is available here: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg30171#msg30171
Yes, I'm enjoying it!

Offline scarface

« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2019, 11:47 AM »
Yes, I'm enjoying it!
Then I will have to test this game. I did not do it yet.
Since you enjoyed it, it means the installer is working, that's good news too.
I noticed that the repack of fitgirl is 200mb smaller. I don't know how to do this since the only files that can be reduced more on my repack are the cutscenes. They have no extensions, I don't know what kind of files they are, and they are not compressible.