Author Topic: Dual boot Windows 8 and XP - W8 installed first  (Read 4604 times)

November 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hello!

How to install Windows XP on dual boot with Windows 8 allready installed?
I found on net only instructions how to install XP on dual boot with Win7.

I know how to instal any version of Windows - XP, Vista, 7 and 8, and how to install on dual boot W7 and W8.

Currently i am running Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation 64 bit and Kubuntu 64 bit and i want to replace Kubuntu with XP for running some programs which is not work on W8

November 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
Reply #1
Hello!

How to install Windows XP on dual boot with Windows 8 allready installed?
I found on net only instructions how to install XP on dual boot with Win7.

I know how to instal any version of Windows - XP, Vista, 7 and 8, and how to install on dual boot W7 and W8.

Currently i am running Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation 64 bit and Kubuntu 64 bit and i want to replace Kubuntu with XP for running some programs which is not work on W8

I believe you install windows in chronological order,  ie: XP > Vista > Windows 7 > lastly Windows 8.

but dont know if you can install XP after you have install any other windows.

I did it once and i couldn't install it, i had to reformat the drive and install them in order.

November 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
Reply #2
I know that istalling on dual boot in order: Xp installed first, then W7 or W8 is no problem.
But i am using W8 Enterprise about 40 days, there is a lot of programs installed and i am not very happy to install all again.
I found instructions how to install XP on dual boot with Windows 7 already installed, but no instructions how to manage this with windows 8.
I have a few programs that not work well in Windows 8 or some not work at all.
Now i am runnig dual boot W8-W7, W7 installed after W8.
It is work OK, but it is only partialy succesful, still some programs not work properly in W7

November 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
Reply #3
  • Global Moderator
  • Learn and Help
@glock356. :)

I don't know about that.
But is it OK with you to use XP as virtual machine like VMWare ?

As long as you don't need XP that much, you can install it as virtual machine on Windows 8.
 :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
Watch this short video, Think impartially & Decide by yourself.. Good luck :)

December 07, 2012, 05:44 AM
Reply #4
I think You need/want this

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html

it look complicated ..but it isn`t  :) ...only what You need is to download "EasyBCD" >> http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

December 07, 2012, 02:03 PM
Reply #5
  • Global Moderator
@glock356. :)
I don't know about that.
But is it OK with you to use XP as virtual machine like VMWare ?
As long as you don't need XP that much, you can install it as virtual machine on Windows 8.
 :)

Now that you mention virtual machines, for you Windows 8 users I read the other day that W8 has a virtual machine program in it. It's called Hyper-V. To enable it, simply go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features and put a checkmark on it. I even think you can download a copy for earlier versions of Windows, but don't hold me to that.

December 07, 2012, 03:27 PM
Reply #6
  • Global Moderator
  • Learn and Help
This windows seems to be awesome.

December 08, 2012, 06:13 PM
Reply #7
  • Global Moderator
This windows seems to be awesome.

Have you been able to upgrade your system yet? If not, any possibility?

December 08, 2012, 07:49 PM
Reply #8
  • Global Moderator
  • Learn and Help
Have you been able to upgrade your system yet? If not, any possibility?

Almost by next June.  :)
I'm following up Windows 8 since you have created the topic and I feel it's great. It seems that [as you said before] I will go directly on 8 without experiencing 7.  ;D

December 08, 2012, 08:31 PM
Reply #9
  • Global Moderator
Almost by next June.  :)
I'm following up Windows 8 since you have created the topic and I feel it's great. It seems that [as you said before] I will go directly on 8 without experiencing 7.  ;D

Stay on XP for now and keep cool -- good things come to those who wait and things always happen at the right time. I commend your decision to go straight to Windows 8, believe me it's well worth it. Also, remember here on the forum there are many Windows 8 teachers, so anything you don't understand will be immediately answered.  :)

When you upgrade, if possible don't get anything with Win8 preloaded. Buy something with no OS on it and simply install a good copy from the torrents, as I did. And of course, don't even dream of installing 32 bit - x64 always and forever!!!