Author Topic: LibreOffice 6.2.3 x64 Lite  (Read 5256 times)

August 17, 2018, 09:45 AM
Reply #10
  • Global Moderator
libreoffice has been updated to 6.1.0 (link in the first message of the thread).
It’s a x64, light version with only 3 dictionaries installed by default (English, French, Spanish). The interface is in English.
Unlike the previous versions, the installer is now totally silent, with a progress bar. You can deploy this version in your firm, Libreoffice is free.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:48 AM by scarface »

August 17, 2018, 12:27 PM
Reply #11
  • Global Moderator
libreoffice has been updated to 6.1.0 (link in the first message of the thread).
It’s a x64, light version with only 3 dictionaries installed by default (English, French, Spanish). The interface is in English.
Unlike the previous versions, the installer is now totally silent, with a progress bar. You can deploy this version in your firm, Libreoffice is free.

On Windows, I use Office 2016 which can open odt and other Libreoffice/Openoffice formats. On linux I use LibreOffice.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 07:12 PM by scarface »

February 10, 2019, 01:45 PM
Reply #12
  • Global Moderator
updated to LibreOffice 6.2.0 x64 Lite

February 10, 2019, 09:36 PM
Reply #13
  • Global Moderator

Does the Libreoffice installation program allow you to install only those features you need? I'm asking with Office 2016 all I use is Word and Excel, so that's all I install. The rest is bloat, I have no use for it. It's pretty bad having to install garbage you don't need and will never use.

February 11, 2019, 05:05 AM
Reply #14
  • Global Moderator

Does the Libreoffice installation program allow you to install only those features you need? I'm asking with Office 2016 all I use is Word and Excel, so that's all I install. The rest is bloat, I have no use for it. It's pretty bad having to install garbage you don't need and will never use.
Then grab a Home/Student edition from kinguin that includes only Word,excel,powerpoint and Onenote.

February 14, 2019, 10:15 PM
Reply #15
  • Global Moderator
Then grab a Home/Student edition from kinguin that includes only Word,excel,powerpoint and Onenote.

If all I use is Word and Excel, the other stuff remains unwanted bloat. I can't understand why these guys force users to install bloat that will never be used and does nothing more than take up hard drive space. Oh well -- I'll still use MS Office until the day that getting a pirated copy is impossible (yeah, right)  :)