• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Note that I sent a message to Maher asking "are you still alive? If you are dead, a reply would nonetheless be useful"

scarface

I guess that humbert has no news of the administrator of the forum either. In one month, I will call the town hall of his residence to know if he's not in the obituaries. I will keep you posted.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on January 25, 2019, 01:06 AM
I guess that humbert has no news of the administrator of the forum either. In one month, I will call the town hall of his residence to know if he's not in the obituaries. I will keep you posted.

I assume you're talking about Maher. I haven't heard from him in a while either. Still, somebody is paying for hosting the web site and I can only assume it's him.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on January 27, 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote from: scarface on January 25, 2019, 01:06 AM

I assume you're talking about Maher. I haven't heard from him in a while either. Still, somebody is paying for hosting the web site and I can only assume it's him.

Sometimes i'm thinking that the site is down. For me, it's like a 1 in 5 chance that i actually manage to enter the forum when i type in the link. Often it loads for 20+ seconds.

scarface

Well, I deleted an old topic of mine too, but I put the message again here. Despite 999 views, nobody answered.
In the meantime, maybe you can try to solve this little riddle.

Imagine that the forum is a maze, there are one thousand doors, and one thousand slaves on the forum. The doors are numbered from 1 to 1000. Since too many users want to register to the forum, Maher ,the master of the game, has to make sure that as few doors as possible stay open, while a few doors must be left open for the nice users.
Maher asks the first slave to open every door. Then, he has the second slave close every second door. The third slave goes to every third door and if it is closed, he has to open it, and if it is open, he has to close it. The fourth slave of the forum does this to every fourth door, and so on. After the operation is completed with the thousandth slave, how many doors are open?

25?
29?
31?
99?
125?

You can log on to the forum and tell us if you found the answer.

aa1234779

Thanks to scarface & everyone else for their efforts in maintaining the forum, it's truly appreciated.
We all miss Maher & Ahmed & all the ones absent for a long time now.
We wish to hear from you guys that you are all ok.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Note that a mini offline version of the forum is going to be available (zipped, only 1.43Gb)
Link: https://mega.nz/#!1YUxAChK!f9l-Tq7aF2L8wjTmtM41TK6_KY4ZP2V6jXPXcBOsIbk

In case some image hosting sites are down or if there is no more internet in the world, at least you'll have a copy of the forum. If there is no more electricity, it won't work though. Note that I didn't only delete images, I updated some old messages of Ahmad, Fuj, iih, shadow.97, Daniil and a few other users...that had lost their pictures in their messages. At least if I had a copy of these pictures. Some pictures on imageshack or postimage were certainly deleted several years ago. They should feel lucky.

Note that I was thinking that further cleanup might be necessary, with my own messages for example.
by way of illustration in the game topic, let's take the message about the repack of Quantum Break. Well, unlike the other repacks that are normally quite reliable, this repack doesn't work very well, and 2 times out of 3 the installer is crashing. What's more I didn't find any bink 2 encoder that could be used to further reduce videos. And yet with a size of 23 Gb, it was a "small" repack.
Actually, the first few minutes of the game are rather interesting, when Jack is meeting Paul Serene at Riverport (then the time travel experiment goes wrong). Then the game is a bit more boring.
In fact, I think that only the beginning and the end of the game should be kept. But I don't have the skills for such modifications. And with a size of 66Gb, this game is a kind of burden for a hdd. Therefore If this message is not essential I'll delete it too.
In the clip topic, some messages are outdated too, and some contain broken links. You can send me pms if some messages seem useless.

usmangujjar

Thanks to scraface.
Some user should have the complete copy of forum. In case wo lost or something happened bad, this vesion may help to make forum online again.
Many users including Administrator already not available on the forum.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

scarface

Important
Note 1
I deleted a few messages in the topic best clips (only mine). I worked for several hours to choose the best clips, and put them in 2 posts (The cleanup of this topic is not over though). You can find the best clips in the first few messages of the topic:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1020.0

Note 2
Apparently Fuj deleted his messages, maybe he was angry at the cleanup of the forum. He might recognize that we have a clean forum now. Fortunately, his messages are not lost, they can be restored. If you want them back, you can post a message.

Note 3
I made a smaller repack for the latest edition of Dishonored 2 (1gb smaller than the current repack - 17.8 Gb vs 18.8 Gb but it is the same content), unfortunately I have no more space on mega. I was afraid that using srep 3.93 might cause memory leaks, but this repack is just fine, I tested it several times. Maybe I'll remove a few movies on the forum (not the good ones) or some series and I'll reupload some of them somewhere else. In the meantime, if some mega links are broken on the forum, just wait.

Note 4
For those who want news concerning Maher, I learnt that he's fine.

Note 5
Note that it was my birthday a few days ago. Maybe humbert remembers the photos of the big couscous on the forum. Actually, one year ago I went to a restaurant with my father, 24 rue Damremont in Paris to eat a good couscous. That's why I wanted to eat another couscous for my birthday.

usmangujjar

Happy BirthDay scarface.
Waiting to see Maher again, as you said.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.