• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on June 02, 2017, 05:26 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on June 01, 2017, 08:48 AM
Congratulations Macron french president
(Congrats) (Macaron) (Baguette - typically french) (Trump, President)

Gee Shadow, couldn't you have chosen a better example for president than this bastard Trump?
8) I forgot, He's a clown. Not a president.

scarface

Tonight, there will be many conferences: about oil depletion, about the poor image of Trump, and about the closure of the torrent 411.

About the end of oil:
According to the CEO of Total, in 2020 there will be a new oil shock because we already lack oil!
This is important information, not because we do not know it but because it comes from Patrick Pouyanné, who is nothing less than the big boss of Total.
Every year, production drops by 3% and demand increases by 1%, therefore a 4% increase in the production would be needed to close the gap each year.
In 5 years, that's 20%! But we find very few new deposits and we do not invest enough because the prices are too low, which is partly true but not totally!
Indeed, we simply lack oil!
In short, by 2020 we will see a new oil shock, all the more violent as economic growth will be strong!

In the meantime, the situation seems paradoxical, because at the same time we lack the oil that would fuel economic growth (because in fact, what we lack cheap oil, not just oil) And we have an excess of oil, which is the consequence of past investments (in other words, wells that have been drilled in the past) with which firms are now producting oil because they must repay the loans they contracted yesterday in order to drill  these wells.

But it does not matter because we will definitely lose our job, and maybe one day we will go to the farms of Harkaz or Maher, who are already waiting for us.
Certainly, Some of you may have thought that the creature in the photo below was Maher (asking for a donation) with his family. In fact, you probably understood, it was Mr. Baboon.

About Trump:
A survey that assesses the popularity of presidents in thirty-seven countries shows that the lack of confidence in the US president has been heavily accentuated.

The "Make America Great Again" slogan on which Donald Trump founded his presidency is hard to export. It’s even close to the the industrial accident, according to the Pew Research Center's annual barometer, which assesses the popularity of White House tenants in thirty-seven countries, released on Monday (June 26th). The arrival of Mr. Trump in power resulted in a sharp turnaround: while 64% of respondents said they had "confidence" in the US president in the last days of the Obama administration, they were only 22 % after he left. At the same time, the number of people who said they did not "trust" exploded from 23% to 74%.

In almost all the countries concerned by the Pew inquiry, the number of people asserting confidence in the US President's ability to "make the right decision" in international affairs collapsed with the arrival of Mr. Trump in power. Sweden leads with an 83-point gap: 10 percent of respondents give credit to Mr. Trump while they were 93 percent for Mr. Obama.

About the closure of the French torrent site t411:
French authorities close T411 download site

Several people were arrested in France and Sweden in a an investigation about T411, one of the main French torrent websites.
The site T411 is inaccessible since Sunday 25 June in the evening following a Swedish police operation, according to the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter and the information of “Le Monde”.

This site - one of the last BitTorrent website, was offering a catalog of links to download movies, games and music, without hosting the files itself - was the subject of a complaint by the Society of Composers And music publishers (Sacem) in 2014 for organized band counterfeiting. The Association against Audio-Piracy (ALPA) then lodged a complaint.

The investigation, conducted by the specialized inter-regional jurisdiction (JIRS) of Rennes, has been entrusted to the research section of Rennes and has lasted for several months. Six people were arrested on Monday in France and Sweden, according to the Rennes prosecutor's office. According to the secretary-general of the Sacem David El-Sayegh, questioned by Le Monde, the people arrested in France would be "supermoderators". "Their role was to look at the contents made available on the site, to remove false content and to moderate the forums. "

Two arrests in Sweden
The French investigators sought the help of the Swedish police. The latter arrested two people in a compound in the southern suburbs of Stockholm, suspected of being the administrators of the site, the Swedish prosecutor told Agence France-Presse. They are not French, but according to Dagens Nyheter, two Ukrainian citizens with a residence permit in Sweden, arrested in the presence of French gendarmes. They should be charged for violations of copyright law and money laundering.

A computer company was also searched by Swedish law enforcement agencies to procure the server from which T411 was administered. "In the course of this judicial operation, many computer equipment had to be seized for exploitation, as well as movable and immovable property produced by the offenses committed," the Rennes public prosecutor said in a statement.

humbert

With respect to Trump, there is nothing good to be said about him. The guy who predicted his victory 2 years ago also predicted he'd be impeached. Let's hope he's right.

I have been hearing this thing about the end of oil since as far back as I can remember, and so far nothing. The price of a liter of gasoline in my neighborhood today hovers around 51¢/liter (about 0.45â,¬ at today's exchange) and shows no sign of increasing. I wish what you said were true because I'm firmly convinced that currently there is no financial incentive to invest in alternate forms of energy. This is essential given the fact that there is only a finite amount of oil on this planet.

Torrent sites are like flies -- you can kill one or two but there will always be more. The reason is due to the nature of torrenting itself. Sites provide either the .torrent files or magnet links, the files themselves come from everyone in the swarm. The profiteers would have to hunt down each and every person in the swarm. This is just not possible.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on June 28, 2017, 06:02 AM
I have been hearing this thing about the end of oil since as far back as I can remember, and so far nothing. The price of a liter of gasoline in my neighborhood today hovers around 51¢/liter (about 0.45â,¬ at today's exchange) and shows no sign of increasing. I wish what you said were true because I'm firmly convinced that currently there is no financial incentive to invest in alternate forms of energy. This is essential given the fact that there is only a finite amount of oil on this planet.

Do you think big companies would exploit oil sands, which are projets with low financial profitability, if there were lage untapped oil reserves?
In fact, if the oil price is low, it's because rougly 15% of the oil production is now made up of unconventional oil. But this part is unlikely to rise, and it won't make up for the decrease in oil production in the years to come. After all, the American people should feel concerned, they greatly depend on it, and the media don't talk about it because it's not politically correct and above all, they don't want to create panic. Humbert is probably ready to go to Daniil's hideout or harkaz's farm, should anything happen.

Another clue: We have never discovered so little oil than in 2016, that's to say 6 billion barrels (30 billion barrels are consumed each year, or 100 million barrels per day).

scarface

Maybe Greece would be an interesting country, if we (the users of the forum) had to meet somewhere. I mean if we go to Israel, the customs officials won't let us go to Palestine, lest we should go to Syria to wage Jihad. In Greece, we could earn our livelihoods from fishing and I already imagine humbert with a fishing rod. Daniil would be there too, and he would be the one who serves Vodka. Of course drinking vodka would be compulsory, even for Maher, except perhaps during Ramadan. As for the French saucisson, it would be an option. I also imagine hakumei, keeping us good company, with a sexy outfit. Usman and harkaz would test some software for us, as usual. As for old Yoda, he would prepare good Greek meals, like Dolmadákia or Taramosaláta.

scarface

Those who are currently reading the forum and looking at the picture below must be wondering: whose cars are these? You'll know it in a few minutes.

The son of Equatorial Guinea's President is on trial in France for splurging on a Parisian mansion, a private jet and a fleet of luxury cars using tens of millions of dollars he allegedly looted from his country.
Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue's trial on charges of embezzlement of public funds and money laundering started in Paris on Monday and is expected to last several weeks.
Prosecutors say he's amassed a fortune, including an opulent mansion near the Champs-Elysees, along with Bugattis, Ferraris and an Aston Martin. He also allegedly spent millions of dollars on pricey European art and jewelry.
He also owns a yacht named Ice, which reportedly costs about $800,000 a month to maintain, according to an article in the French newspaper Le Monde.
Obiang, 47, serves as his father's vice president and earns about $100,000 a year in that role, according to his lawyer, Emmanuel Marsigny.
In addition to his government job, the lawyer said, Obiang has income from his various private businesses in the central African nation.
"He is accused of money laundering for investing or spending funds in France that would come from offenses committed in Equatorial Guinea," his lawyer told CNN.
Marsigny said his client, who has not appeared in court so far, has diplomatic immunity.

The trial of the President's son is being watched closely in Africa, where corruption is a major problem among government officials.
Obiang's father, President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, seized power in a 1979 coup and is the longest-serving head of state on the continent.
Equatorial Guinea is a former Spanish colony rich in oil, but a majority of its population lives in poverty.
The country has mostly stayed out of the headlines by maintaining a tight lid on information. The trial gives an insight into the financial workings of one of the most secretive nations in the world. So much so, that for several years,Transparency International described Equatorial Guinea as "too opaque to rank," saying it could not get enough data on it for the global corruption index.

Obiang amassed his wealth in France, but Marsigny said it has no jurisdiction to charge him for alleged money laundering in Equatorial Guinea. He said the case is an example of French courts intervening in the affairs of a sovereign nation.

France is not alone.

Obiang also hid his wealth in Swiss though: eleven of the world’s rarestâ€"and most expensiveâ€"cars owned by Teodorin Obiang Nguema, were seized by Swiss authorities this week, adding to the family’s international legal battles over alleged misappropriation of public funds.
The cars, which included a Swedish-made Koenigegg One, one of only seven ever produced for $2.8 million, and a $2 million Bugatti Veyron, were allegedly moved to a freight area at the Geneva Airport soon after the investigation was launched.

And the US ?
In 2014, the United States agreed to a settlement following allegations that Obiang used money plundered from his country to amass assets such as a Malibu mansion, a private jet and Michael Jackson memorabilia.
Under the settlement, the Justice Department allowed Obiang to keep a Gulfstream jet and most of his Michael Jackson collection, including the white glove from Jackson's "Bad" world tour. Those assets were not in the United States, the Justice Department said, but they could be subject to seizure if they ever come to the country.
At the time, Obiang disputed the US allegations and said the assets, including a $30 million Malibu mansion, were purchased with proceeds from his businesses. He admitted no wrongdoing in the settlement.
As part of the settlement, Obiang had to sell the Malibu mansion, a Ferrari and pay $20 million to a charity that benefits the people of Equatorial Guinea.
Under the settlement, the US government kept about $10 million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jMn0mQPnY

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 28, 2017, 07:14 PM
Do you think big companies would exploit oil sands, which are projets with low financial profitability, if there were lage untapped oil reserves?
In fact, if the oil price is low, it's because rougly 15% of the oil production is now made up of unconventional oil. But this part is unlikely to rise, and it won't make up for the decrease in oil production in the years to come. After all, the American people should feel concerned, they greatly depend on it, and the media don't talk about it because it's not politically correct and above all, they don't want to create panic. Humbert is probably ready to go to Daniil's hideout or harkaz's farm, should anything happen.

Who said anything about drilling into sand? According to Wiki, the country with the largest proven oil reserves is Venezuela. Maybe phracking is responsible for 15% of the oil at this moment, but 85% still comes from conventional sources. There is still plenty of oil to go around. Let me say once again, I wish it were less available. The abundance of oil and consequently its low price is precisely what is keeping alternate sources of energy out of the market. In fact, adjusted for inflation, today's price is gasoline is the same or lower that it was prior to the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, which is when the price began to spike. Check this site and you'll see what I mean.

I'll give you an example using my own situation. I like to use E85 fuel in my car. I even installed a conversion kit because my car is not flex-fuel. I use it because high ethanol blends have plenty of power, makes the engine run cooler, and in general keep the engine and injectors cleaner (alcohol is a solvent). Currently the price is E85 is only 5% less than regular gas (E10), and the fuel is not easy to get because few stations have it. Why does this situation exist? Because the price of gasoline is just too cheap. It makes no financial sense to expand the availability of E85. And of course, due to the cost in producing ethanol for fuel, dropping the price is not possible.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on June 30, 2017, 05:48 AM
Who said anything about drilling into sand? According to Wiki, the country with the largest proven oil reserves is Venezuela. Maybe phracking is responsible for 15% of the oil at this moment, but 85% still comes from conventional sources. There is still plenty of oil to go around. Let me say once again, I wish it were less available. The abundance of oil and consequently its low price is precisely what is keeping alternate sources of energy out of the market. In fact, adjusted for inflation, today's price is gasoline is the same or lower that it was prior to the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, which is when the price began to spike. Check this site and you'll see what I mean.

Let’s take an example. Imagine you bought 300 saucissons last year. For you it’s the best meat, even the fumed salmon is no match for it. But like the roquefort or the foie gras, the French saucisson is probably forbidden in the US, which really cares about the health of all its citizens. When you came back from Paris to Houston, you hid them in your socks, and it worked, you could get past the checkpoint unhindered. Last year there was no shortage of saucisson. It smelt a bit like coyote in your kitchen but it’s not a problem for you. And you could eat a whole saucisson each day. You even built a storage room in your cellar because it really reeked of pig in your lounge. But a few months later, some problems were looming large. As you couldn’t get new supplies of saucissons, the stocks were diminishing.
It’s the same phenomenon with the oil market. There is a temporary abundance of oil, but without new discoveries it can’t go on indefinitely. You quoted Venezuela and you are right, along with Arctica, it’s probably the only place where there are untapped oil reserves. But there is a problem: the price of the Venezuelan oil is high, its reserves being essentially in the form of extra-heavy oil and oil sands. It costs practically 30$ to produce a barrel, and with the fall in oil price it explains the current situation in Venezuela.
But as I said, finding new reserves is not enough, they have to make for a 4% depletion of the current oil deposits every year. 

humbert

Quote from: scarface on June 30, 2017, 10:12 PM
It’s the same phenomenon with the oil market. There is a temporary abundance of oil, but without new discoveries it can’t go on indefinitely. You quoted Venezuela and you are right, along with Arctica, it’s probably the only place where there are untapped oil reserves. But there is a problem: the price of the Venezuelan oil is high, its reserves being essentially in the form of extra-heavy oil and oil sands. It costs practically 30$ to produce a barrel, and with the fall in oil price it explains the current situation in Venezuela.
But as I said, finding new reserves is not enough, they have to make for a 4% depletion of the current oil deposits every year.

I'ts a well known fact that there is only a finite supply of oil on this planet and that sooner or later it will all be gone. The point is that at this time we're nowhere near there and that the abundance of oil that exists today makes investment in alternate sources of energy unfeasable. To make matters worse, for as far back as I can remember they've been saying the end of oil is near, and yet time passes the oil glut doesn't seem to go away as predicted. Given the wrong predictions of the past, it's anybody's guess until when this situation will continue.

Energy conservation methods have also allowed the glut to continue. Here in America, a typical 1970 car had an efficiency of around 6 km/L. Today that number is around 12½ km/L. Add to this the fact that gasoline sold here must be 10% ethanol or higher. In a country where there are more cars than people, the amount of oil saved is pretty large number.

As for ISIS, the numbers you posted don't surprise me at all. Everybody hates ISIS, they have more enemies than you can even think of. Only a demented person would believe they can go up against the whole world and actually win.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to hold a conference. It's not very optimistic though. On a photo, you'll recognize mr Orangutan.

This is what they call "biological annihilation." In a very alarming study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) on Monday, July 10, American and Mexican researchers conclude that vertebrate species are massively retreating on Earth, both in numbers and In extent. A loss of wildlife with potentially "catastrophic" consequences for ecosystems and serious ecological, economic and social impacts.

The two main authors, Gerardo Ceballos (National Autonomous University of Mexico) and Paul Ehrlich (Stanford), are not on their first try on the theme of the erosion of biodiversity. By June 2015, they had already published another study in Science Advances, which showed that the earth's wildlife was already undergoing its sixth mass extinction. They had calculated that species disappearances have multiplied by 100 since 1900, an unprecedented rate since the extinction of dinosaurs 66 million years ago.

Disappearance of populations
This time, the researchers sought to quantify the decline in populations and not in the number of species, ie groups of animals on a territory. "The emphasis on extinction of species can give the impression that terrestrial biodiversity is not dramatically and immediately threatened, but that it is just slowly entering into a major erosion episode that can be combated Later" the authors explain.

There are several shortcomings in this approach: public opinion is struggling to gauge the seriousness of the phenomenon at work (two species disappear every year, which seems low, especially when the latter are little known or not widely spread). And it does not adequately assess the current problem. The most common species are indeed experiencing massive declines in their numbers, but they are not yet threatened. "The disappearance of populations is a prelude to that of species" warn the scientists. A detailed analysis of the decline in animal numbers makes the problem much clearer and worrying.

The researchers conducted a large meta-analysis of half of the known vertebrate species, examining population trends of 27,600 species of terrestrial mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians across five continents using The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List database, which is the most comprehensive global inventory of the state of conservation of biodiversity. They also reviewed, more specifically, 177 species of mammals, for which they had data between 1900 and 2015.

"The real magnitude of mass extinction affecting wildlife has been underestimated: it is catastrophic," they say. In total, 32% of the species studied decline in terms of population and extent. Many mammals that were doing well a decade or two ago are now on the verge of extinction. By 2016, the planet had only 7,000 cheetahs and 35,000 African lions (-43 per cent since 1993). Borneo orangutan populations have dropped by 25% over the past decade to 80 000, while those of giraffes have decreased from 115 000 specimens in 1985 to 97 000 by 2015. Those of pangolins have simply been decimated.

What is less known is that nearly 30% of these declining species are considered common. They are (yet) classified as "low concern" and not "endangered" by IUCN. All continents are affected by this spectacular erosion of biodiversity. The most affected areas, particularly for mammals and birds, are those in the Tropics (Amazonia, Congo Basin, Southeast Asia) because they are the richest in terms of wildlife. But moderate regions have similar or even higher relative values ​​- that is, compared to the richness of their biodiversity.

Corollary of the loss of numbers, the wildlife sees its territory shrink like "peau de chagrin". Among the 177 species of mammals scrutinized more specifically in the study, 40% lost 80% of their historical distribution area since 1900. emblematic case, the lion has long reigned over most of Africa, the southern Europe and the Middle East, to the north-west of India; Today there are only a handful of populations dispersed in Africa.