Author Topic: General chat room  (Read 16117 times)

July 19, 2017, 07:18 PM
Reply #90
  • Global Moderator
I'm surprised that your pre-education wasn't good enough. As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, Sweden imposes high standards on the educational system. I'm glad you plan to continue studying. Simply having some sort of diploma on the wall is more important than you realize. Living with your parents must be horrendous, hopefully one of your goals is financial independence so you can leave ASAP.

I'd been meaning to ask you something. I heard on the news that Sweden is planning to impose mandatory military service beginning with citizens born in 1999. You're safe because you were born in 1997, but I believe you once said you had a younger brother. What's with that?

July 21, 2017, 04:51 PM
Reply #91
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the news in Palestine, since something important happened today.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Palestinian leadership will freeze contacts with Israel on all levels until Tel Aviv reverses its recent security measures against entering Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

Three Palestinians were killed and more than 200 injured by Israeli occupation forces today after Israeli police attacked worshippers outside Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem following Friday prayers. Three Israelis were killed as well.

According to various media reports, Israeli police used both live and rubber bullets as well as tear gas to disperse Palestinian protesters after the prayers ended. 

On Thursday, Israeli occupation police said they were barring men under 50 from entering Jerusalem's Old City for Friday Muslim prayers as tensions rose over new Israeli security measures at mosque.

Last Friday, Israel closed Al-Aqsa Mosque to worshippers seeking to perform Friday prayers for the first time since Israel occupied east Jerusalem in 1967 to install metal detectors at entrances.

After Israel reopened the mosque on Sunday Palestinians refused to enter Al-Aqsa through the detectors, with hundreds camping around the premises throughout the week to protest Israeli actions.

If you are currently somewhere in Palestine, I advise you against going near Al-Aqsa mosque, it's too dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:53 PM by scarface »

July 24, 2017, 02:04 PM
Reply #92
I'm surprised that your pre-education wasn't good enough. As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, Sweden imposes high standards on the educational system. I'm glad you plan to continue studying. Simply having some sort of diploma on the wall is more important than you realize. Living with your parents must be horrendous, hopefully one of your goals is financial independence so you can leave ASAP.

I'd been meaning to ask you something. I heard on the news that Sweden is planning to impose mandatory military service beginning with citizens born in 1999. You're safe because you were born in 1997, but I believe you once said you had a younger brother. What's with that?
No younger brother; just 1 older.
But I have cousins who were born after 1999. No clue what's going to happen with them.
I'm a bit more worried about my Iraq'ian friends who live and study here. Thinking that they may be forced to do military service. They all talk about how they want to go back to their home country ASAP after the war has calmed down. Saying that they dont feel like they have close friends and such here.

July 25, 2017, 08:10 PM
Reply #93
  • Global Moderator
No younger brother; just 1 older.
But I have cousins who were born after 1999. No clue what's going to happen with them.
I'm a bit more worried about my Iraq'ian friends who live and study here. Thinking that they may be forced to do military service. They all talk about how they want to go back to their home country ASAP after the war has calmed down. Saying that they dont feel like they have close friends and such here.

Regarding anyone you know who might be subject to military conscription, remember the chances of them being sent into combat are slim to none. They'll probably spend all day target shooting or hiking. Come to think of it, when was the last time the Swedish armed forces were in real combat? Was it when you guys were trying to hold on to Finland or what? Oh.. and before I forget. The news report said both men AND women would be subject to conscription. With girls around it might not be all that bad. :)

Regarding your Iraqi friends, let me as -> are they refugees or Swedish citizens? I don't know how Swedish law works, but it most countries it is citizens and not foreigners who must serve in the military. With respect to them being homesick, why can't they go back? Iraq is winning the war against ISIS. The country has its problems but at the present time it's stable enough for them to return, at least for a visit.

August 03, 2017, 04:19 PM
Reply #94
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to talk about the obamacare repeal.

"3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!" Trump tweeted just before 2:30 a.m. on Friday.

President Trump early Friday morning blasted lawmakers for failing to pass the Senate GOP's "skinny" ObamaCare repeal bill, doubling down on his past call to "let ObamaCare implode."

The Senate voted 49-51 against the skinny bill, which would have repealed ObamaCare's individual and employer mandates and defunded Planned Parenthood.

Following the bill's defeat, it is unclear what happens next or where the Republican repeal effort can go.

Trump ran on the promise of repealing and replacing ObamaCare and has been pressuring Republicans for months to put forward and pass a repeal bill.

August 12, 2017, 09:52 PM
Reply #95
  • Global Moderator
I like your comparison of Trump and a monkey beside him. Trump cares nothing about the American people. He's trying to get rid of insurance subsidies for the people in order to fund tax cuts for the rich.

Today he made the idiotic mistake of saying that he would not rule out military action with respect to the crisis in Venezuela. In doing so he has given Maduro a great gift -- an enemy! Trump seems to think that everything can be solved by threats and intimidation. He is a disgrace to this country!

September 03, 2017, 08:09 AM
Reply #96
  • Global Moderator
Today, I'm going to hold a conference to talk about North Korea.

North Korea says it has tested a powerful hydrogen bomb that can be loaded on to an intercontinental ballistic missile, in a move that is expected to increase pressure on Donald Trump to defuse the growing nuclear crisis on the Korean peninsula.

A TV screen in Tokyo shows the location of North Korea’s underground nuclear test.

In an announcement carried on state TV, North Korea said the test, its sixth since 2006, had been a “complete success” and involved a “two-stage thermonuclear weapon” with “unprecedented” strength.

The TV announcement – accompanied by patriotic music and images of North Korean scenery and military hardware – said the test had been ordered by the country’s leader, Kim Jong-un.

The explosion was heralded by a 6.3-magnitude earthquake about six miles (10km) from North Korea’s Punggye-ri nuclear test site in the north-east of the country. It was felt over the Chinese border in Yanji.

South Korea’s meteorological administration estimated the blast yield at between 50 to 60 kilotons, or five to six times stronger than North Korea’s fifth test in September last year.

Sunday’s test – the first since Trump took office in January – offers further evidence that North Korea is moving perilously close to developing a nuclear warhead capable of being fitted on to an ICBM that can strike the US mainland.

Since it conducted its first nuclear test just over a decade ago, the regime has strived to refine the bombs’ design and reliability, as well as increasing their yield.

Hydrogen bombs are far more powerful than the atomic weapons North Korea is believed to have tested so far. Whatever its eventual yield, Sunday’s test was “a staged thermonuclear weapon” that represents a significant advance in Pyongyang’s weapons programme, said Jeffrey Lewis of the California-based Middlebury Institute of International Studies.

September 03, 2017, 10:54 PM
Reply #97
  • Global Moderator
I'm beginning to think this nutjob Kim Jong-Un is starting to believe his own propaganda and seriously thinks he can defeat the USA and its allies. He has no allies, at least not militarily. Even China and Russia are telling him to stop this nonsense. This guy needs to be taken out, and unfortunately it will not be an easy thing to do.

September 08, 2017, 04:51 PM
Reply #98
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to hold a conference to talk about the perpetrators of the attacks of Catalonia. They visited France at least three times.

The trip of Younes Abouyaaqoub on 11 and 12 August in the Paris region was already known. Abouyaaquoub was the driver of the white van that killed 14 people and made more than 120 wounded in Barcelona, and one of his accomplices used an Audi during during the night of 17 August in Cambrils (Catalonia). Further investigations revealed that members of the Alcanar terror cell had come to France in December 2016 and again in July 2017 in Paris.
Interior Minister Gérard Collomb revealed Thursday that the Islamists had even taken a picture in front of the Eiffel Tower.
But the members of the cell of Ripoll, of the "primary terrorists" whose profile worries the European anti-terrorist services, had been in the hexagon on two other occasions in quick passages. The first time, in December 2016. The second in July 2017 in Paris. These two passages, like the stay of 11-12 August, raise again the question of the motivations of the terrorists.

Part of the evidence of the Islamists' stay in the city was found in the ruins of the Alcanar house (Catalonia) where the explosives laboratory was located. The house that exploded in the evening of 16 August compromised the plans for massacres using trapped vehicles. The terrorists had acquired not fewer than 500 liters of acetone (which is part of the TATP, which is widely used by Islamist terrorists). In the destroyed house, the investigators found  an invoice of an hotel located in Malakoff, where Abouyaaqoub and his accomplice have stayed. From a Spanish source, the camera purchased at the FNAC and a French motorway voucher would also have been found. Note that the pictures of the Eiffel Tower were found in the camera. This can lead to a conclusion:  the terrorists were probably asked to justify the use of the funds of the terrorist cell to their leader.

November 11, 2017, 02:11 PM
Reply #99
Well if you want guys to have a discord and chat about everything(not creating posts or messaging:this is boring and took much time) you can open a new IRC channel(discord) example: #generaldiscussion or add a shoutbox to this forum like this one:
http://viceunderdogs.com/ (scroll down to see the shoutbox)
since this forums is made with SMF it is possible to add a one!!!