• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 05, 2018, 11:14 AM
Public nudity is offensive to the majority of civilized people.

I disagree. There is nothing offensive about public nudity. Just like everything else, it has to be done in the right places. There are nudist beaches and other places just about everywhere, including here in the USA. Only people with religion-infested sexual repression see something bad in it.

That is it simply not practical to walk totally naked through [for example] the middle of Paris is another matter entirely, and it has nothing to do with being offensive. In New York, Toronto, and a few other cities it's perfectly legal for women to be topless in public. For very practical reasons they choose not to exercise that right.

scarface

Tonight, we are going to see if sea food is allowed in Islam. For aa1234779, Maher or humbert, the answer to this question must seem pretty obvious.
For information in Chritianism, it's allowed to eat Jellyfish (oysters, shrimps...), and it's forbidden in Judaism. But for Islam, there is no single answer.
We are going to look at a map:

As you can see, in Sunni Islam there are 4 madhhabs (or "schools"). Hanbalism is the most rigorous rite of the four madhhabs.
Actually, it's allowed to eat sea food in Islam, except for the Hanafi school of thought. Hanafis consider fish to be the only sea life that is halal, and sea food isn't fish.
For the Shia, I think it's not allowed to eat sea food. And for the Muslims who are neither Sunni nor Shia (it seems there is another "sect" in Oman), I don't have the answer.

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on August 06, 2018, 11:08 PM
Tonight, we are going to see if Jellyfish is allowed in Islam. For aa1234779, Maher or humbert, the answer to this question must seem pretty obvious.
For information in Chritianism, it's allowed to eat Jellyfish (oysters, shrimps...), and it's forbidden in Judaism. But for Islam, there is no single answer.
It's interesting that you're researching comparative religion & schools of Islamic jurisprudence. I've read more than a few of them and never seen the fatwa on Jellyfish!!!  ;D
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 06, 2018, 11:24 PM
It's interesting that you're researching comparative religion & schools of Islamic jurisprudence. I've read more than a few of them and never seen the fatwa on Jellyfish!!!  ;D
It seems you are in a conservative region and yet sea food is allowed. Note that I replaced the word Jellyfish with sea food. It seems I was mistaken. I was not talking about medusas.

humbert

Leaders of just about any religion can classify seafood (or anything else) to however it best suits their purpose. During the colonial period in the Americas, the capybara was classified as a fish by the Pope and his cronies at the Vatican. This despite the fact that it's the world's largest rodent. Naturally this was done so they could eat it on Friday or during Lent.

Religious leaders of all persuasions act with impunity. Remember, they have God on their side.

aa1234779

Quote from: humbert on August 07, 2018, 06:57 AM
Leaders of just about any religion can classify seafood (or anything else) to however it best suits their purpose. During the colonial period in the Americas, the capybara was classified as a fish by the Pope and his cronies at the Vatican. This despite the fact that it's the world's largest rodent. Naturally this was done so they could eat it on Friday or during Lent.

Religious leaders of all persuasions act with impunity. Remember, they have God on their side.

So do leaders of the so-called "Free World" such as the US & EU &  Canada..

e.g. Your own country, whose people I admire by the way.
During the colonization of North America, the natives were considered worthless by all the invaders even after the Declaration of Independence. Until Abraham Lincoln became president, Africans were being kidnapped, enslaved, and abused. Then they were still segregated and without political rights until the 1960s and were still being enslaved by the same masters in low-paying jobs.

The problem with public nudity (exposing genitals & women's breasts) is that it offends people, whether majority or not, and most importantly children and teenagers. This has nothing to do with sexual repression, it's what I call sexual chaos. I prefer that I marry than commit adultery & raise my children in the purest environment possible and educate them in a way of having a strong personality in front of indecent temptations. Then I will set them free to discover the world.

Yet that environment doesn't exist. And so do the means to marry. $$$ + Better Income.

If all religious people as you say claim to be having God on their side, I believe that Secular Politicians are more blunt in considering mostly their own benefits and imposing the political party's views on the people through legislating absurd laws.
Hence, the supreme court endorsement of President Trump of a hardliner conservative after Justice Kennedy retired.
As to Muslim scholars, many live behind bars for long long years not because of inciting or committing violence or spreading extremism. They've spent their whole lifetime studying and researching sincerely to issue Fatwas (Religious rulings) that are in compliance with the evidence. They are behind bars because they are against oppression, corruption, injustice, nepotism, taxes, fines, and much much more. Their sincerity to knowledge and courage to announce what they believe to be true is something that pisses off authorities and the extremist secular gangs controlling the media. I agree with you that their are religious scholars in all faiths that that are innovating new religions and taking advantage of the positions and popularity of being a Godly man. It's unjust to stereo-type all religious scholars as thieves.

(34) O you who have believed, indeed many of the scholars and the monks devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah. And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah - give them tidings of a painful punishment.
(35) The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], "This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard."

Surat Al-Tawbah
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

humbert

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 09, 2018, 01:57 AM
So do leaders of the so-called "Free World" such as the US & EU &  Canada..

I agree. But there's a big difference. The power of "free world" leaders is more limited than that of dictatorships, both secular and religious. For example, every night on TV I see shows about comedians saying horrible things about Trump. Trump cannot simply sign a decree to order these TV shows off the air. In true dictatorships no one would even dream of making fun of their leaders, let alone on TV. In no way does this imply that obtaining absolute power is impossible, it's just much more difficult.

e.g. Your own country, whose people I admire by the way.
During the colonization of North America, the natives were considered worthless by all the invaders even after the Declaration of Independence. Until Abraham Lincoln became president, Africans were being kidnapped, enslaved, and abused. Then they were still segregated and without political rights until the 1960s and were still being enslaved by the same masters in low-paying jobs.

I know. I learned all this in history class at school as well as historical documentaries available on TV. I can mention even more abuses of the constitution on the part of the US government than you've heard about.

The problem with public nudity (exposing genitals & women's breasts) is that it offends people, whether majority or not, and most importantly children and teenagers.

Only because they were taught as children that nudity is offensive and they, like many people, don't question their teachings. Both the penis and the finger are parts of the human body, they just exercise different functions. I personally have been to several nudist camps and beaches. You see all kinds of people there, including children. Men that are there don't even get erections and any kind of sexual behavior is strictly prohibited. I have yet to see someone become some sort of demented pervert due to simply having been there, regardless of age.

This has nothing to do with sexual repression, it's what I call sexual chaos. I prefer that I marry than commit adultery & raise my children in the purest environment possible and educate them in a way of having a strong personality in front of indecent temptations. Then I will set them free to discover the world.

Any sexual behavior between willing adult participants where nobody is getting hurt is strictly up to them. No one has the right to intervene or dictate that this sort of thing is "sinful" (or whatever word you prefer). If you prefer to have your sexuality in a more "conservative" way, you are certainly entitled to that without being dictated otherwise by anyone.

I firmly believe is that organized religion is nothing but a huge impediment to mankind. It has resulted in wars, brutal dictatorships, witch hunts and massive abuses of human rights, not to even mention every possible attempt to put the brakes on science or anything that interferes with their agenda. All you hear is "you are a sinner", you will "burn in hell" if you don't follow our rules - intimidation carried to the highest possible extremes. This is why I a total atheist. It is humans who create their gods, not the other way around -- and believe me, humans have created millions of gods (see http://www.godchecker.com). Naturally everybody thinks their religion is the right one and all others are wrong.

Oh, and indeed if there are such places as heaven and hell, I can only say this: if all these religionist fanatics of all persuasions are going to heaven, then leave me in hell. Infinity with these people is a far worse punishment.

scarface

Note that there is a bug on the forum that has been preventing new registrations for several months. And yet, I’m aware that dozens of users are eager to sign up. If the forum is not fixed, allowing guests to register again finally, you can contact some administators here:
Maher: [email protected]
Humbert: [email protected]
Vasudev: [email protected]

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 18, 2018, 10:35 PM
Note that there is a bug on the forum that has been preventing new registrations for several months. And yet, I’m aware that dozens of users are eager to sign up. If the forum is not fixed, allowing guests to register again finally, you can contact some administators here:

I think only Maher can fix this error. None of the moderators have that kind of access, at least I know I don't.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 19, 2018, 06:55 AM
Quote from: scarface on August 18, 2018, 10:35 PM

I think only Maher can fix this error. None of the moderators have that kind of access, at least I know I don't.
Yeah you're right, only Maher have permission to change/modify that.