• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Today, I found a disquieting article about Saudi Arabia. I guess aa1234779 may be interested.

A Saudi woman barricades herself into Bangkok hotel room, fearing she will be killed if deported.

Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, 18, was due to be repatriated on a Kuwait Airlines plane, KU412, at 11.15am local time, but the aircraft left without her after she barricaded herself in an airport hotel room and used her Twitter account to appeal in real time for international help and asylum.

Surachate Hakparn, Thailand’s immigration chief, initially told AFP that the 18-year-old was denied entry to the country when she flew in from Kuwait on Sunday.
"She had no further documents such as return ticket or money," he said, adding that Ms al-Qunun was currently in an airport hotel.
"She ran away from her family to avoid marriage and she is concerned she may be in trouble returning to Saudi Arabia. We sent officials to take care of her now," he said.
He added that Thai authorities had contacted the "Saudi Arabia embassy to coordinate".
But Ms al-Qunun disputed his account, saying that she was only in transit to seek asylum in Australia, where she claimed to have a visa, and was accosted by Saudi and Kuwaiti embassy representatives when she deplaned in Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi airport.
Her claims were backed by the Australian authorities who confirmed that she had a three month tourist visa, although her possession of the visa would not mean that Australia has any legal obligation to intervene.

humbert

Remember we're going to call the country "Arabia" in order to remove the house of Saud from the country's name. I think if you called aa1234779 a Saudi citizen, he wouldn't appreciate it.  :)

scarface

In Mecca it's 24 degrees C, but here in Saint Etienne it is snowing. I have my bonsais on the balcony. I hope they will survive. It's my father who used to take care of them.
I hope that the users are fine since we haven't seen them much in the last few days.

scarface

aa1234779, humbert and the users of the forum are probably watching the clips and the videos available on the forum.
Don't forget that you can talk on the forum and bring your own contribution.

Note that a new, smaller repack of Dishonored 2 is being prepared.
I've also completed the latest version of windows 7 x64. If some users send me a mail, I'll upload it rapidly.

Maybe I'll hold a conference later.

Note that if you want to register on the forum you can contact Maher here: [email protected]
you can also contact me via [email protected] or humbert via [email protected]

scarface

You probably heard of the yellow vests movement in France.
And I must tell you I went to see the yellow vests in Saint Etienne. It was a journey to the unknown. I saw a great social distress. But also brave people, who did not hesitate to sleep on a roundabout to defend their rights. Many of them had no job, they had been stripped of their dignity by the society.

200 years ago, most people were actually peasants, city dwellers were the exception. And with the end of oil in the next 10 or 20 years, there will be a return to the land. That will be a natural path for social reintegration for many. But nowadays, unfortunately, even if willed, you can't be a farmer anymore and live in dignity in France. Except for those who have valuable arable land like the grain farmers of the Beauce. Because in a industrialized and competitive system, they are not free to set their own prices.
For example, in Palestine, it's not the case. The EU can't dictate milk quotas over there. And smallholder farmers are able to live from their production, without subsidy.

scarface

Today, I received a disquieting personal message. Apparently, a user of the forum is trying to post, to no avail. I don't know what to answer, since I can post without having to complete a captcha.
But I tried to register another account and I got the same message too.
I will send a message to the administrator if he doesn't read this message. Maybe it is due to tha fact that the forum is using an obsolete version of smf?

Here is the message of the user:

Hello Sir,
I am sorry to trouble you but I don't know what else to do. I am unable to post in any of the forums. I keep getting the following message after correctly completing the captcha.

"The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture"

As you know, there are no letters to type there but only pictures to select correctly. Can you please help.

Thank you
Janet

humbert

Quote from: scarface on January 20, 2019, 12:37 PM
200 years ago, most people were actually peasants, city dwellers were the exception. And with the end of oil in the next 10 or 20 years, there will be a return to the land.

End of oil in 10-20 years? Forget it! Indeed oil will end one day, but neither you nor I will be alive to see it. Here in San Antonio the price of gas continues at about 48¢/liter and shows no sign of increasing. In other American states it's higher due mostly to taxes and not to supply and demand. Venezuela has the largest proven untapped oil reserves, not to even mention reserves in other parts of the world.  I wish what you said was true. It's the only way progress will be made on alternative sources of energy. Right now this is simply not economically feasable - oil is too plentiful and too cheap.

aa1234779

More than depletion of natural resources, I fear a "relapse in civilization", don't ask me what I know, what I expect, how or when.. I don't know much.. Yet is is my worst fear.. Because of what it will cost in the number of human lives and what it will bring out of humanity, its best and its worst too unfortunately..

Climate change or "natural" disaster whether you attribute it to human intervention in the environment, mother earth or the Creator.. It seems to me to be close, around the corner..
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on January 22, 2019, 08:07 PM
More than depletion of natural resources, I fear a "relapse in civilization", don't ask me what I know, what I expect, how or when.. I don't know much.. Yet is is my worst fear.. Because of what it will cost in the number of human lives and what it will bring out of humanity, its best and its worst too unfortunately..

Climate change or "natural" disaster whether you attribute it to human intervention in the environment, mother earth or the Creator.. It seems to me to be close, around the corner..

I'm pretty sure you can find  some Arabic videos with English subtitles about your relapse theory.
In the meantime, I hope you watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGt4XwBbCvA
What humbert doesn't say about Venezuela is that most of its oil resources are heavy oil, and it's not as profitable as Saudi Arabia's oil.
https://blog.politicsmeanspolitics.com/if-venezuela-has-more-oil-than-saudi-arabia-why-cant-it-feed-its-own-citizens-a98dc9636ed6
Venezuela's Oil Reserves Are Probably Vastly Overstated
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2016/07/01/venezuelas-oil-reserves-are-probably-vastly-overstated/#72d701a84497

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on January 22, 2019, 08:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you can find  some Arabic videos with English subtitles about your relapse theory.
Nah, unfortunately, the only thing close that I might find on the subject is minor & major "Signs of the Hour".. Nothing specific on what I'm talking about..
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU