• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

RED HAT ENETERPRISE LINUX 6

Started by death, August 26, 2012, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

death

Hey..can put an iso file for red hat enterprise linux 6.
I have trouble downloading it from their site...

The Nawab

Here You Go:- http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4086426

I Hope You Know Russian :P

If No, Then Use Chrome. It Gives You An Option To Translate Web Pages.

P.S: This Is A Forum Based For Windows. No Linux Or Mac Support Here.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

There Is No God But Allah And Muhammad Is The Messenger Of Allah

humbert

Quote from: death on August 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hey..can put an iso file for red hat enterprise linux 6.
I have trouble downloading it from their site...

May I ask -- why did you pick Red Hat given that there are 18 other distros of Linux out there?

death

Right now i am using Red Hat Linux and I want to check how it is different from the enterprise editions...

humbert

Quote from: death on September 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
Right now i am using Red Hat Linux and I want to check how it is different from the enterprise editions...

What I've noticed is that all these distros of Linux are basically the same. Most of the differences are cosmetic. Any application that's missing in one can be easily downloaded and installed on the other.

What about the enterprise editions? What do they have that the non-enterprise versions don't. I'd guess they're more business oriented.

user

Quote from: humbert on September 25, 2012, 02:53 AM

What I've noticed is that all these distros of Linux are basically the same. Most of the differences are cosmetic. Any application that's missing in one can be easily downloaded and installed on the other.

What about the enterprise editions? What do they have that the non-enterprise versions don't. I'd guess they're more business oriented.
Yes, they are basically the same, but MX Linux is by far the most convenient and complete - command line is rarely needed.

humbert

Yes, they are basically the same, but MX Linux is by far the most convenient and complete - command line is rarely needed.

Keep in mind "Linux" is a kernel, i.e., the heart of the OS that communicates with the hardware. You can install as many bells and whistles as you want. Some are specialized for something specific (accounting, engineering, etc). I just checked Google -- there are about 600 distros of Linux out there. Linux software will run on just about any distro unless it written to work for the bells and whistles on there. Personally I prefer Mint -- it's easy and contains all the stuff I find useful. I run it under VirtualBox. If it were up to me it would be my primary OS. Sadly, due to lack of support running it as my main OS is just not practical.

In the event your hardware can run virtual machines, you might want to test some under a VM. With so many distros out there, I'm sure you can find something you'll like better than Red Hat