Off Topic Discussion > Chit Chat

Documentaries

(1/33) > >>

aa1234779:
Hello everyone..

As learning and sharing information/ideas is important to me and many others, I thought opening a topic on Documentaries can be both fun and educational.

Here is the first video I'd like to post..
 Aljazeera's The Caliph part 1 Foundation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3O9d7PsI48

A short introduction to the history of the Islamic state founded by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and his guided caliphs and how it deteriorated then became a monarchy (The Umayyads), an Islamic one at least, that continued expanding until infighting led to its fall.

I can't say that everything told in this video is completely true since the speakers are not islamic historians/scholars. Yet they express their views & analysis of the events that occurred, which can be differed with especially by a person who read the original narration of the events of that time in human history from authentic sources.

Please post any documentary film you deem worthy of sharing with others here.

humbert:
I haven't had the time to watch the documentary, but I'm under the impression (and correct me if I'm wrong) that "Islamic Caliphate" implies some sort of political state run by the Islamic religion. If this is so then I strongly disagree. If history has taught us anything it is that government and [any]religion do not mix. Only a secular government can guarantee the right of the people, both freedom OF and freedom FROM religion. Religion is a private matter and has no place in government.

aa1234779:

--- Quote ---I haven't had the time to watch the documentary, but I'm under the impression (and correct me if I'm wrong) that "Islamic Caliphate" implies some sort of political state run by the Islamic religion. If this is so then I strongly disagree.
--- End quote ---

Actually, the Islamic State or Caliphate is run by men like us with strict reference to the Sharia Laws of Islam, derived from the Quran, Prophetic tradition (Sunnah), the tradition of the four rightly guided Caliphs, and so on. Immaculacy, on the other hand, died with the Messenger of Islam, Muhammad peace be upon him, as the Quran & Prophetic tradition clearly states.

--- Quote ---If history has taught us anything it is that government and [any]religion do not mix. Only a secular government can guarantee the right of the people, both freedom OF and freedom FROM religion. Religion is a private matter and has no place in government.
--- End quote ---

You have a clear right to believe in this view as you aren't Muslim, Allah says in the Glorious Quran Ch.2 Verse 256:
"There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion."

For me as a Muslim, and for many others around the globe, we'd rather be ruled by a government of men & women that refer to no other laws than those derived from the authentic sources of our religion. No man-made laws or widespread usury, adultery, liquor, drugs, and other sorts of what true Muslims deem as corruption.

In Islam, religion can be described as four inseparable parts:
1- Sharia (law) 2- Aqeedah (creed) 3- Ebadah (worship) 4- Sulouk (conduct)

If pondered well, you'll realize that Islam is much more than a religion for ones self, but an organizational system as well starting from the person whether it's a he or a she, the family, the neighborhood, the mosque, all the way to the government itself.

scarface:
I have a question for you aa1234779. But since I'm tired, I'm going to speak in French, I'm unable to speak in English.

Je viens de me lever, après avoir dormi une petite heure, parce que j'étais crevé après avoir travaillé aujourd'hui. Quand je me suis réveillé, il était 7heure 20 du soir, je me souvenais plus que j'avais travaillé aujourd'hui. J'ai pas encore mangé ce soir. Je regarde avec une envie morbide la bière qui est sur mon micro-onde. Je pense même l'ouvrir. Si tu devais rencontrer le mécréant qui boit des bières pour oublier sa vie de merde que ferais-tu?
1) Je le tuerais puisque le prophète Mahomet n'aime pas la bière.
2) Je l’emmènerais dans mon califat (Yémen, Libye, Soudan, Arabie Saoudite, Iran, Pakistan, la liste n'est pas exhaustive), afin qu'il puisse vivre une vie digne en accord avec la charia.
3) Je l'aiderais à finir son demi de bière.

Quelques précisions. Il n'y a pas de mauvaise réponse. Après tout, si aa1234779 veut me tuer, je l'accepte, si c'est la volonté de dieu. Je préfère une mort rapide à une mort lente (d'abord une balle dans la tête, et ensuite la décapitation plutôt que l'inverse). Plusieurs réponses sont possibles (multiple answers allowed): tuer le mécréant, emmener le cadavre dans le califat, et finir la cannette de bière (pour la route).

Well, after this interesting discussion, how about a little funny movie (les trois frères): https://ufile.io/7zjct

humbert:
aa1234779 ->

If we define Sharia law as that which is practiced in Iran or Saudi Arabia, then the leaders  of those countries are directly violating Verse 256 of the Koran. In those countries, Islamic rules are imposed on everyone and those who disobey are brutally punished. I can name example after example.

It seems to me Verse 256 is every reason NOT to have a government that follows an official religion. In a secular government the right of all are respected. Christian churches, Islamic mosques, Jewish synagogues and Bhuddist temples all live together in peace. The government's job is to protect the rights of all and not to forcibly impose one religion over another as in the case in the 2 above mentioned countries.

Maher is one of my best friends, if not the best. The cornerstone of our relationship is mutual respect. He is a devout Muslim and I am an atheist, yet we fully respect each other and we firmly uphold and defend each other's right to disagree. Maher is a true Muslim - he is tolerant, respectful, and follows Verse 256 to the letter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version