Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 5344 times)

January 09, 2018, 06:40 PM
Reply #90
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to talk about Australia.

Bushfires in Australia destroyed buildings and threatened lives on Saturday as a heatwave in three states brought temperatures strong enough to melt the bitumen on a highway.

A fire raging out of control set several structures ablaze on the outskirts of Melbourne, the country's second largest city, and the capital of the southeastern state of Victoria.

The state's emergency management commissioner, Craig Lapsley, said hot temperatures had combined with dry weather, strong winds and a wind change to create dangerous conditions.

"It's exactly what the forecast indicated and when we have fires running that's obviously a problem for us," he told a news conference.

About 400 homes lost power and 50 fires were reported across Victoria on Saturday, although many were small and were extinguished.

As temperatures have soared above 45C, hundreds of bats have died in the scorching heatwave.

The flying fox is Australia's largest bat and is listed as a "vulnerable" species nationally with its survival ranked as a "critical priority" under local laws.

New South Wales Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) said losses of bats to the brutal conditions could run into the thousands.

Rescuers were able to save the lives of more than a hundred of the animals, but many scattered across the ground did not survive and others died still clinging to trees.

Sydney recorded its hottest day since 1939 on Sunday when the suburb of Penrith reached 47.3C (117F).

Players were forced off the court at Sydney International tennis tournament due to the extreme weather conditions.

It comes after researchers warned that climate change means more than 99% of green sea turtles in some areas of the Great Barrier Reef are now female.

January 18, 2018, 07:01 PM
Reply #91
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, a documentary, titled the price of the American dream, is available on the forum (it's in English).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtFQygX6TU

January 20, 2018, 03:38 PM
Reply #92
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to talk about Saudi Arabia. And I know that some famous users of the forum, coming from this country, will be interested in this documentary.
We all know that Saudi Arabia is going through a rough patch.
That's why I suggest you watch the video below, titled "Saudi Arabia: A regime declining?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlfcXBmM4E

January 26, 2018, 05:25 AM
Reply #93
Tonight, I'm going to talk about Saudi Arabia. And I know that some famous users of the forum, coming from this country, will be interested in this documentary.
We all know that Saudi Arabia is going through a rough patch.
That's why I suggest you watch the video below, titled "Saudi Arabia: A regime declining?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlfcXBmM4E

If you are interested in learning more on Saudi Arabia, watch BBC's House of Saud A Family at War, a 3-part documentary in a series of coming episodes that will stir up discussions on the reality of things in the Kingdom. Great investigative journalism.

http://1337x.to/search/house+of+saud/1/

January 30, 2018, 01:53 PM
Reply #94
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to hold a conference about the trial of Jawad Bendaoud.

Paris terror attack suspect's trial starts despite protests.

The first trial related to the deadly 2015 Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) attacks on Paris went ahead as planned Wednesday after one of the suspects was successful transferred to a Paris court despite a national protest by prison guards.
Jawad Bendaoud was scheduled to appear in court later for the much-awaited trial. He's accused of helping two of the attackers - including the suspected ringleader - hide from police when they were the most wanted men in France.

There were fears Bendaoud would not be able to attend the trial after guards protesting over prison working conditions blocked the entrance of the Fresnes prison, south of Paris, earlier Wednesday. But a spokesman for the penitentiary administration said he was taken out after police cleared the main access to the jail. The trial started later in the afternoon.
Bendaoud, an outspoken 31-year-old with a criminal record, provided lodging to the two attackers, but has claimed he didn't know they were two of the Paris attackers or even wanted extremists. He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.

Bendaoud is to be joined at the trial by two other suspects: Mohamed Soumah, accused of acting as an intermediary with Bendaoud to find lodging for the two fugitives; and Youssef Ait-Boulahcen, accused of being aware of their whereabouts and not informing the authorities.

Both have denied the accusations. Soumah faces up to six years in prison and Ait-Boulahcen up to five years if found guilty.

Bendaoud won immediate, though involuntary, fame all over France when he gave a surprising TV interview during the police operation on the apartment. He approached the security perimeter set up around the besieged building and spoke to journalists to clumsily proclaim his innocence.
"I wasn't aware they were terrorists. I was asked to do service, I did service, sir," he told a reporter from BFMTV channel.
"I was told to put up two people for three days, I helped out normally," he explained, before being interrupted by a police officer who came to arrest him in front of the live camera.

February 04, 2018, 03:44 PM
Reply #95
  • Global Moderator
Maybe some of you, like panzer24 or usman, are following the trial of Jawad Bendaoud. That's why tonight, I'm giving you a few details about the hearings.

Bendadoud speaks a lot, but his ‘One-man show’ at Paris attacks trial fails to amuse families.

“I had a plan for selling cocaine — who would want to be my partner now?”: Jawad Bendaoud, accused of harboring jihadis after the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris, has been revelling in his chance to put on a show in court.

Media reports keep a running “best of” list of his outbursts and one-liners, not least of which his tale of bonding with a rat in prison.

But as a ruling looms in the first trial over the attacks in Paris, families of the victims say his comic antics have only deepened their anguish.

“The past few days we’ve been watching a spectacle. I won’t deny it: I’ve smiled, I’ve laughed as well. And I’m a little bit ashamed of myself,” said Helena Christidis, one of the lawyers for the nearly 690 plaintiffs in the case.

She is far from alone: Bendaoud’s quips — interspersed with insults and threats — have made him a social media sensation.

The courtroom has been packed during the trial, requiring a giant screen to be set up in the hall outside for those who can’t get a seat.

“How dare you wear that robe?” he told one lawyer. “Careful what you’re saying … I’m going to come find you at your office,” he warned another.

And during nearly two weeks of questioning he has steadfastly denied knowing he had rented an apartment to senior Islamic State jihadi Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the suspected coordinator of the attacks, and his accomplice Chakib Akrouh.

“I found him suspicious but not a terrorist,” he said.

Bendaoud, a 31-year-old drug dealer with a long criminal record, said he had previously rented the grubby flat to Eastern European gangsters without asking questions.

But prosecutors say Bendaoud and Mohamed Soumah had to have known they were offering shelter to jihadis on the run at the flat in Saint-Denis north of Paris just days after the suicide bombings at the Stade de France stadium and the shootings at the Bataclan concert hall and at nearby restaurants and cafes.

They claim in particular that Bendaoud spoke by telephone with Hasna Aitboulahcen for three minutes while she was hiding in bushes with Abaaoud and Akrouh.

Hasna Aitboulahcen, a cousin of Abaaoud’s, was the sister of Youssef Aitboulahcen, the third defendant at the trial, who is accused of failing to alert the police about a terrorist plot.

For relatives of the victims, Bendaoud’s apparent lack of curiosity about the men at a time when the country was on lockdown in the hunt for the fugitives, coupled with his behavior in the courtroom, only add insult to injury.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs are to make their final arguments Monday, and a ruling is expected toward the end of this week.

Bendaoud and Soumah are facing six years in prison, while Aitboulahcen faces five years.

Their trial comes as Salah Abdeslam, the only surviving suspect in the attacks, goes on trial in Belgium on Monday over a shootout in Brussels that led to his capture.

Prosecutors say the trial is expected to yield clues about the attack for which the Islamic State group claimed responsibility.

February 05, 2018, 12:06 PM
Reply #96
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to give you a quick insight of what's happening in Syria by talking about the new banknote.

Well, if some of you are looking at the pictures, you must be thinking it's the Syrian Bitcoin. Or the Assadcoin.

Actually, Bashar al-Assad appears on Syrian banknotes for the first time ever.

Syria's Central Bank announced this weekend that it was introducing a new banknote — a 2,000-pound bill worth roughly $4 — because of “wear and tear” on the currency already in circulation. Noted in state media's coverage of the new note, however, is an important design detail: For the first time, a portrait of President Bashar al-Assad is being featured on Syrian money.

Assad has been president of Syria since 2000, when he succeeded his father, Hafez al-Assad. Trained as an ophthalmologist, Bashar al-Assad was initially seen as a potential reformer. However, he has since been accused of human rights violations. Since 2011, Syria has been locked in a brutal and intractable conflict.

In the past, Syria's banknotes have tended to feature Hafez al-Assad or historical figures or sites. The portraits on the banknotes have attracted considerable attention in the past, given their political implications. In 2015, pro-government social media accounts urged a boycott of a new 1,000-pound bill after an image of Hafez al-Assad was removed from it.

The introduction of the new 2,000-pound bill might seem to suggest economic weakness. The note is the highest denomination yet for the Syrian pound, a recognition that since the conflict in the country began, the value of the Syrian currency has dropped from about 47 pounds to the dollar in 2011 to more than 500 pounds to the dollar this year. Many Syrians quickly found that their hard-earned savings were being rendered worthless, with the threat that hyperinflation could soon make things even worse.

Yet counterintuitively, the government portrayed the new bill as a sign of stabilization. According to the official Syrian Arab News Agency, the Central Bank governor, Duraid Dergham, told reporters on Sunday that the plan for the 2,000-pound bill had actually been approved years ago but implemented only recently after exchange-rate fluctuations slowed down. Dergham also said that there was “no need to panic” that the bill could worsen the inflation.

February 07, 2018, 04:04 PM
Reply #97
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to talk about the trial of Salah Abdeslam.

The sole surviving suspect from the 2015 Paris terror attacks refused to speak any further in a Belgian court, where his trial over the gunfight that led to his arrest began on Monday.

Salah Abdeslam said he would not respond to questions from the judge.

"My silence does not make me a criminal, it's my defence," he said.

Abdeslam, 28, claimed that Muslims were "judged and treated in the worst of ways, mercilessly", and said he was placing his trust in Allah.

"I am not afraid of you, I am not afraid of your allies," he added, without making clear who he meant.

He urged the prosecution to base its case on "forensic and tangible evidence", and not to "swagger about to satisfy public opinion".

The trial in Brussels was adjourned until Thursday.

The defendant's brother, Brahim, was among the Paris attackers and died in a suicide blast in a cafe.

Abdeslam is not expected to go on trial in France until 2019 at the earliest.

The charges he faces in Brussels are not related to events in Paris, but to a shootout with police while he was on the run in Belgium.

Note that maybe new repacks will be available this weekend. I will probably release Dishonored DotO (I re-encoded some tutorials videos and cut them, they were uselessly violent anyway). It will be smaller and install will be faster than fitgirl's repack.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:07 PM by scarface »

February 12, 2018, 12:37 PM
Reply #98
  • Global Moderator
Tonight, I'm going to talk about Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi.

Given up for dead several times, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, also known as Caliph Ibrahim, would be wounded and treated in northeastern Syria.

The announcement was made on Monday by a senior official of the Iraqi Ministry of internal affairs. Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State group, is said to be "still alive" and would be hiding "in the Jazire region," said Abu Ali al-Basri, director general of the intelligence and counterterrorism department, in the As Sabah daily. CNN also has similar information from US officials.

According to the Iraqi official who speaks of "unquestionable information" and sources from the terrorist group, the man "suffers from injuries, diabetes and fractures to the body and legs that prevent him from walking without assistance." Injuries probably due, according to him, "to air raids against the bastion of the IS in Iraq." He was allegedly injured in May. IS is still present in the Jazire region of northeastern Syria, a vast desert plain on the edge of Iraq.

Today at 02:41 PM
Reply #99
This is a good documentary on 9/11 which I've seen more than ten years ago.. Yet this final cut I only watched days ago..

Loose Change - Final Cut 2007 (Full Length)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVTpnr_qsU

I can't claim that everything on the film is true, nor is it the whole truth..