• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Documentaries

Started by aa1234779, August 20, 2017, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on August 23, 2018, 01:30 AM
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has launched a scathing attack on the “arrogant” Trump presidency and urged followers to wage “jihad” across the West in his first audio speech in almost a year, according to the terror group’s media channel.

Everybody hates Trump except Trump himself and that ignorant band of followers who support him no matter what he does. As you know, personally I despise the man.

aa1234779

Quote from: humbert on August 23, 2018, 06:24 AM
Quote from: scarface on August 23, 2018, 01:30 AM
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has launched a scathing attack on the “arrogant” Trump presidency and urged followers to wage “jihad” across the West in his first audio speech in almost a year, according to the terror group’s media channel.

Everybody hates Trump except Trump himself and that ignorant band of followers who support him no matter what he does. As you know, personally I despise the man.

Although he is hated more than anyone else, I believe that the true enemy of humanity & the American people,firstly, is Pence and the Military Industrial Complex thugs behind Trump's presidency.

Even if Trump was impeached or was forced to resign some how, the curse of hardline republican Zionists will not be over and we might see s*** really hit the fan!

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

humbert

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 23, 2018, 06:30 AM
Although he is hated more than anyone else, I believe that the true enemy of humanity & the American people,firstly, is Pence and the Military Industrial Complex thugs behind Trump's presidency.

I agree. Sadly the Military Industrial-Political Complex has acquired too much power in this country. Eisenhauer warned of this during his farewell speech in 1961. Sadly Ike's predictions have come true.

Quote from: aa1234779 on August 23, 2018, 06:30 AM
Even if Trump was impeached or was forced to resign some how, the curse of hardline republican Zionists will not be over and we might see s*** really hit the fan!

I don't think it's that bad. This is not the first time extremists have been in power in this country. Eventually they get voted out of office.

aa1234779

Quote from: humbert on August 23, 2018, 06:58 AM
I don't think it's that bad. This is not the first time extremists have been in power in this country. Eventually they get voted out of office.

All I can tell you is that if he was removed from office by any means, it will not make things better. You'll see the puppeteers upfront doing things you thought were impossible even with the likes of the Bushes. It's the 'end game', unfortunately, and great losses are expected for everyone other than the %1, I'm speaking globally.

I hope I'm wrong in this, or that the free people of the US that truly believe in "Freedom & Justice for All" will prove me as a pessimist that under-valued their courage!

p.s. Till the day I die, I will not forget the things that my Neo-Con social studies teacher taught me as a kid. Other than his everyday Muslim-hate in class, he would always express how much he admired Eisenhower as a true patriot. The truth is, Ike was a politician like any other in his day. He knew there were red lines not to be crossed. But there was good within the bad. That's why it was in his farewell address he spoke of the dangers posed by arms traders taking over politics.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)

scarface

Today, I’m going to hold a conference about the Hikikomori. Maybe you are one of them without your knowing it.

Aa1234779 or Vasudev must be wondering what a Hikikomori is. Is it a sumo who is on a diet? No. This word deserves an explanation.

"Hikikomori": cut off from the world, they can not get out of their room.

In France, there would be tens of thousands of teenagers and young adults who live a reclusive life in their room for several months or even years. This phenomenon, at the beginning of Japan, now affects several countries in the world.

Alexandre, 22, has not been out of his room for six years. Out of school, unemployed, he lives with his mother in a small village in central France and spends his days locked in, surfing the Internet, playing video games and reading. "I'm self-sufficient and never bored," he says. To eat, he heats meals in the microwave and shares them with his mother. But not always. "No day is alike," he continues. "I can get up at 2pm or 11pm. I am out of time.

Alexander presents himself as a "hikikomori". This term comes from Japan and  means "who stays inside and does not go out". The Japanese invented it in the 1990s to designate these teenagers and young adults who lived in social withdrawal, most often locked up at home, without contact with the outside world for months, even years. This phenomenon, which is linked to the school pressure and the harshness of the world of work, concerns several hundred thousand Japanese nowadays. A problem that the government takes very seriously especially since it must now deal with the aging of this reclusive population.

According to the Japanese Ministry of Health, a hikikomori is a young person who has retired to his home and is no longer part of society, without any mental pathology being identified as a root cause. In France, there is no specific word to designate them. We talk about "social withdrawal", "school dropout" or "social phobia". If this behavior is still little known to the general public, it raises many questions from researchers, more and more convinced that the hikikomori phenomenon affects many young people in France: why are they withdrawing in their room, dropping friends , studies and life projects? How are their families taking it?

scarface

Tonight, I'm suggesting these 2 interesting articles about climate change, the scholars of the forum, like humbert, usmangujjar and topdog will be certainly interested in reading them (pretty much everybody on the forum actually, and I can assure you that the graduates of HEC can't hold a candle to the users of the forum).

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/03/far-right-climate-change-deniers-debate-ukip-emp-report-eu

www.newsweek.com/earth-major-transformation-climate-change-global-warming-1101857

scarface

Some of you have jobs (maybe a small minority?), some of you are still at school, and some of you are unemployed. But whatever your situation, maybe you will be exposed to the labour market one day.
That's why I'm going to talk about work. I hope that it won't make you depressed since it describes a harsh reality. But it gives a few solution too. You know, if I was billionnaire I would go to Saudi Arabia and Palestine to meet aa1234779 and Maher and I would give them money. And maybe, even without money we could probably start something. I don't know what though.

To get back to the book below, if I had to sum it up, I would say that the group takes precedence over the individual and that appearance is more important the real productivity. At least this is what I've seen during my previous experiences.
It’s not surprising: we live in a world where only a few workers are productive, thanks to machines usually. For example, a professional lorry driver can transport goods over long distances thanks to oil. And he replaces hundreds of people who would have to do this with ox carts. And many workers are pretty much "useless": the real productivity of an office worker is close to zero. Maybe it's useful in a tertiarized economy, but I don't think such organizations will survive the post-oil era, in a few years or decades.

"Modern management is an inefficient tyranny": extracts from a shocking book

Mantra of the "collective", heavy processes, obsession with transparency, endless meetings and fun seminars ... The economist Nicolas Bouzou and the philosopher Julia de Funès review all the evils of contemporary management. Here are a few extracts of this book.

They argue against the "happiness ideology" that would make happiness the condition of work when it should be the result of meaningful work. The authors suggest several ways to find a real management that stops "to scare the best" and gives back to courage and authority, cardinal virtues of true leadership.

● Endless business

At the heart of the problem, the company is seen by its shareholders and managers as a "technical organization" and not as a "finalized organization". Technique is at the service of technology and innovation at the service of change, without these transformations being part of an explicit project. This "unfinalization" has concrete consequences. Leadership disappears in favor of management and control. The result is an inflation of useless meetings, inefficient brainstorming, uninteresting PowerPoint presentations, all orchestrated by a management that destroys more value than it creates. Employees lose sight of the purpose and tangible result of their work. The most fragile suffer from occupational diseases, the now infamous burn-out, bore-out and brown-out. [...] In the end, employees are grappling with two contradictory injunctions: companies are demanding more and more work from their employees, but in fact the accumulation of processes and meetings prevents them from working; while employees need meaning and autonomy, they are urged to be happy at work.

● The absurd

To develop the inventiveness of its employees, a company organizes creative (or rather recreational!) Workshops. Thus, some employees of a large bank were locked in a room from 9 am to 6 pm to play Lego and play dough, as if they had returned ... to the nursery. [...] The activities imposed on employees during these seminars are often ridiculous: relaxation to evacuate stress, escalation to strengthen the solidarity of the group, raid quad or escape games to defend the competition and shoot down ... The ridiculous can even kill. In a seminar during the 2008 financial crisis, A 50-year-old man succumbed to a heart attack during a football match.
● Surveillance and transparency

On the most recent corporate campuses, office architecture meets this requirement of visibility. Everything is glazed to be transparent. Everything becomes visible and observable, we can no longer hide outside the toilet. The buildings are no longer made to be seen for the beauty of an architecture, but to better see, to make visible those who are there. Surveillance and transparency thus become economic operators. This disciplinary power that Foucault describes is paradoxical: on the one hand, it is absolutely indiscreet since it is everywhere leaving no shadow zone, and on the other, absolutely discrete since it is not held by anyone and works in silence. It makes visible by being invisible: the employees submit to it by obeying no one.

The heaviness of the enterprise is not simply administrative; it is also and above all normalizing. Employees are forced to converge their behavior and appearances, including clothing, because the norm is the sign of belonging to a homogeneous social body. The problem is that this standardizing sanction can stifle employees and reduce their ability to create, take initiatives, innovate and simply act.
● The trap of the "collective"

In many companies, the "collective" is a totem. This passion for the collective is one of the explanations for the inflation of meetings and sometimes seminars. Obviously, in the conscious or unconscious of the company, what is "collective" is good and what is "individual" individualistic therefore bad. This anti-individualist bias seems to us in many cases to be a false mythology.
Of course, we do not ignore the interest of interindividual exchanges and teamwork. It is obvious that nothing great is accomplished alone, that the effectiveness of a group can outweigh the effectiveness of one, that a victory is often won by many. Simply, the collective has become a categorical imperative, and nothing is less effective than the imposture that consists of placing the "collective" everywhere, even if it does not allow the employees to work independently. Companies overvalue the collective when they under-value an individual whose autonomy and singularity can worry.

● The dictatorship of the processes

This ideology of fear leads to the accumulation of processes, one of the greatest managerial mythologies of the present time. Medical process, administrative process, recruitment process, IT process, registration process, process to join any service (to get ... type 1, to get ... type 2), process to throw garbage (blue bin, yellow , green), we live under the dictatorship of the process.

All find a rational justification but all engender reflexes of automated behaviors, such as controlled serialization of human operations. This procedural invasion must be carefully separated from the law. The procedure is not legalism. Indeed, where the law contrasts between the license and the defendant, between the legal and the illegal, and establishes prohibitions, the process establishes behavioral norms. The law prohibits. The norm obliges.

Subject to these standards, employees incorporate in their behaviors ritualised gestures and automatisms that end up removing their critical ability and common sense. But the reification of humans is bad for business and for capitalism itself.

● Leveling through egalitarianism

Authority is defined as non-negotiable. It supposes on the part of the one who obeys the recognition of the legitimacy of the giver of orders. For authority to act, it must not only be imposed, but it is only strength, but it must be recognized and accepted. But to recognize and accept a superiority contradicts the current interpretation of the modern democratic value of the equality according to which everything is worth, everything is discussed, everything must tend to uniformity. In the democratic age, inequality is frustrating, diminishing and unworthy. This widespread feeling comes from confusion. Today, any consideration of difference is equated with inequality and inequality with injustice. Discrimination becomes the exclusive reading gear for human relations, even when equality is not to be sought, for example in the relationship between the teacher and the pupil. [...]

How to run a business in these conditions? Managers are often complicit in this conceptual confusion. They prefer the controls and processes to the assumed authority. But authority, true, legitimate, grows both parties.

● Happiness ideology

Behind the game, it is the promise of happiness that invades companies. In some societies, we even wear T-shirts called "Talk less, smile more". There are countless trainings and seminars that explain the positive impact of "happiness in business" on financial performance, or corporate conventions that force employees to dance with a more or less sincere joy on the Happyde Pharrell Williams , unintentionally becoming the regular singer of contemporary management. Happiness has become a factor of production that must be maximized to increase prices. Happy employee = profitable employee. This fashion of happiness in business has even resulted in the creation of a new profession, the Chief Happiness Officer (CHO). [...]

The reasoning behind making employees well-employed is the opposite of the happiness illusion: instead of making happiness a working condition, let us consider joy as a consequence. Let's make sure that employees find meaning and fulfill their work, they will feel so much happier. Work must be able to be a cause of joy. If it contributes to happiness, so much the better. On the other hand, to maintain that happiness is a condition for good work is an inefficient tyranny. Unfortunately, all too often, foosball, green plants and express meditation at noon take the place of the project, the work and the meaning.

Happiness or joy as a consequence of a successful job, yes; happiness or joy as a condition of performance, no. Happiness would then be a notion instrumentalized for an economic purpose, but happiness must imperatively be a private affair.

● What to do? Fewer meetings!

Develop teleworking

Telework has two advantages: it is acclaimed by employees and forces companies to establish trusting relationships between management and employees. On the one hand, we can not demand the mobility of workers and on the other, we can't curb the development of teleworking. Variation in teleworking: companies must accept the children of employees when, for example, their teacher is absent. Everyone understands that businesses are not nurseries. But why not offer employees a simple help for a real need?

Decrease by 50% time spent in meetings or brainstorming

Half of the meetings are useless and could be replaced by a more fluid communication within the company or, at worst, by telephone meetings. The other half of the meetings are, most of the time, organized in spite of common sense. So remember the good organizing principles of a meeting: the theme and the exit point are announced in advance; it brings together less than 10 people; it lasts for a maximum of 45 minutes; it takes place before the middle of the afternoon; it begins with individual 4-minute lectures; it ends with a decision and never with the planning of another meeting.

Replace unnecessary training with humanities

To avoid hollow words, insignificant slides and weak reasoning, let us replace useless or entertaining formations with courses in the humanities. Instead of modeling dough and creative hobbies, let's enrich the thinking, shake the words, teach the employees how to write correctly to sharpen the minds, make them more efficient, richer in vocabulary and therefore in precise ideas. Let's help them to gain height to adopt a systemic vision of the company, its environment, its problems. Employees will feel more fulfilled by the end of these courses, they will have acquired fundamental and sustainable skills. These cross-curricular skills will serve them well in their personal and professional lives and whatever role they will occupy later. Do not always favor so-called "business" training. Let's focus on the fundamentals: thought and language.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to hold an exceptional conference about how the people of the "State" almost won the war against the Americans.

At camp Bucca, the Iraqis arrested during the invasion of Iraq lived like the Americans, drinking Pepsi and eating too much meat. When they were released, they began the Jihad against the Americans because their food contains excessive sugar: they became fat. So tonight, I'm going to tell yout the means used to build the caliphate to wage Jihad against the American food. Ormar, Abou Ahmad and Maher are answering the questions.

First and foremost, let's talk about the leader of the "State"
Where Ibrahim, aka "Maradona", turns to religious studies because he is myopic and mediocre at school.

Ibrahim al-Badri was born in Samarra, a hundred kilometers north of Baghdad, Iraq, on July 28, 1971, to a poor family of the Sunni minority, to which Saddam Hussein belonged.

After taking his bachelor's degree, Ibrahim al-Badri - who will later take the name of war "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi" ['from Baghdad'] - settled with his parents in Tobji, a Sunni district North-West of Baghdad. His academic performance had been disappointing, severely reducing the academic choices of the bachelor who was already 20. "Ibrahim wanted to become a lawyer," recalls Omar, who used his panties on the benches of the school attended by the future caliph in Samarra, before settling, like him, in the district of Tobji, where he still resides today. "He was excellent in some subjects, but too average in others ", says Omar, who, for several years, found himself in the same class as one of Ibrahim's [three] brothers.On the statement of the baccalaureate of little Ibrahim, obtained from the" cell of the Falcons ", a elite unit of Iraqi intelligence, we learn, for example, that Ibrahim had got 98 out of 100 in mathematics, but only 57 out of 100 in English. His overall average of 80 out of 100 was largely insufficient to access popular faculties, such as medicine, engineering or law, who rejected his candidacy. [...]

Ibrahim al-Badri renounced becoming a lawyer and planned to make a career in the army, like his brother Shamsi. But he failed, because of myopia. If he had had good eyes, would Ibrahim nevertheless become the leader who would endorse, two decades later, the massacre, by his jihadist hordes, of thousands of Iraqi soldiers and policemen, at the creation of his caliphate, in 2014, on the grounds that they served the "impious" government of Baghdad? No one can say categorically that it would have changed anything in his career. But being part of Saddam Hussein's army will not prevent many of his officers from joining, after the fall of the Baathist regime, in 2003, the ranks of the Isis organization, or the jihadist groups from which it emerged.

Little Ibrahim finally enrolled the only University of Baghdad which accepted him: that of Koranic studies. A lot of consolation for graduates eager to arm themselves with a university degree, whatever it may be, despite mediocre results; a siding that also attracts many young people from conservative backgrounds. The faculty is home to enlightened professors or theologians, and is also an airlock for potential jihadists seeking academic security before they can take action. Over there, Ibrahim rubbed shoulders with future members of armed groups that emerged a few years later to fight the US occupation. His frustrated career plans did not affect him, they will prove his ability to bounce back and forth.

The future caliph invested himself fully in his studies while working, after classes, as guardian of the mosque Hajji Zaïdan. Some sources claim that Ibrahim moved to Baghdad without his parents, and that the Hajji Zaidan mosque provided him with a room he occupied [free], in exchange, he served the place of worship.

The former Samarra kid used to call Tobji's faithful to prayer, and he led with ease. Just as he would strive, tirelessly, to improve his speaking skills.

As in Samarra, faithful to his passion for football and his penchant for leadership, he created a football team gathering the faithful of the mosque Hajji Zaïdan and won as captain. "He was very talented", says Omar, his classmate in Samarra. I played in the opposing team and often I prayed that Ibrahim broke a leg so that we could beat them. In the neighborhood, Ibrahim was now nicknamed "Maradona".

Omar claims that Ibrahim was "kind, nice" at that time. But, gradually, the Maradona of Tobji became radicalized, and Omar attended helplessly to the "metamorphosis" of his childhood friend.

"He fell back on himself and became angry, he abandoned football, games, the good life, to go down the wrong path." He wanted everyone to come in, life was only suffering and everything was sin.

Then Ibrahim, a staunch supporter of Saddam Hussein during the second Gulf War, was sent by the Americans to Abu Ghraib prison and then to Bucca, a jihad-like camp.
The dates of Ibrahim's incarceration in Abu Ghraib, unveiled so far by the US military and other sources are contradictory and, moreover, sometimes also denied by the testimonies of prisoners who have rubbed shoulders with the future Caliph at Camp Bucca. But a fact is certain: he was released from Camp Bucca in December 2004. After being locked up in Abu Ghraib.

To increase his chances of being released quickly, the number 157911 was discreet and even adopted the attitude of the model prisoner. When he did not exercise his football skills with his fellow prisoners, under the astonished gaze of the guards, the "Maradona of Bucca" was referee between the prisoners, as soon as a quarrel broke out.

According to One of his fellow detainees, Abu Ahmad, who later became a senior figure in ISIS and later defected, the future lieutenant of the caliphate, was playing the role of the mediator and made himself respected by the American soldiers, that "was part of the act" of Ibrahim. "At the same time," says Abu Ahmad, "Ibrahim was pursuing a new strategy, which was taking place under their noses: building the Islamic State." And in Bucca, the ground was favorable.

Despite the decision to [isolate] the most dangerous detainees, mainly al-Qaeda members, in separate shacks, "emirs still managed to hide in the middle of the prison population. At night, the extremist elements held Islamic courts, and the prisoners who served as informants to the jailers had their arms broken. " Bucca is a real "jihad school". The best of Iraq, in the opinion of the Iraqi authorities.

But Bucca is not just a "jihad academy", a launching pad for terrorists eager to fight with the Americans and their Iraqi auxiliaries. It was the incubator of the Islamic State.
The meeting place of two terrors, in conditions of detention creating bonds stronger than those of blood. In the hell of Abu Ghraib or the "academy" of Bucca, post-Saddam Iraq is perceived as a tragedy by extremist Sunnis who, even behind bars, receive news from outside. The occupation promised to drag on and the Shia-dominated Iraqi power that was about to take hold, "carried by US tanks," was already suspected of being reluctant to reasonably integrate the now orphaned Sunni minority.

Likewise, the ousting of the Baath [Saddam Hussein's party] executives and the dismantling of the Iraqi police and army by the American administration were experienced as a humiliating injustice by the defeated Baathists.

In Bucca, the ex-servants of the Raïs "signed", even more quickly than the jihadists, the birth certificate of the caliph, promising to put in the service of the future reign their military, security and police know-how. The dictatorship of Saddam Hussein, which they served effectively, was for a long time a solid bulwark against religious extremism. It was to be a user's guide, then a perfect model of tyranny; both for those wishing, while driving out the occupier, to avenge the old regime, and for those wishing to replace it with an Islamic dictatorship, whose foundations were inculcated in prison itself.

For Abu Ahmad, "if there was no US prison in Iraq, ISIS would not be born Bucca, it built the ideology."

According to Abu Ahmad, for Ibrahim and the other jihadist leaders of the camp, Bucca was even an excellent training for future executives of the Islamic State. "For us, it was a school," he says, "but for them [senior officials] it was a management college." [Later, when an emir was killed], it never caused a vacancy. as there were people trained in prison."

One after the other, the "graduates of the academy" were released. Before leaving the camp, they wrote on the elastics of their panties, addresses and phone numbers that would allow them to meet or contact the insurgency. "Once free [thanks to the precious information hidden in the panties], we called the others and began to work," says Abu Ahmad, saying that this "elastic technique" was adopted by number of prisoners. "It was really that simple,"[...]

In 2011, part of the Syrian people revolted against their leader, Bashar al-Assad. Several secular and religious movements take up arms to overthrow the dictator. The emir Ibrahim, in decline in Iraq, joined the jihadist factions to associate them with the group he created there. He settled in the Syrian city of Raqqa to run his movement.

"Dr. Bachar" inherited the presidency and absolute power of his father, Hafez, in July 2000; and when the first demonstrations burst, on 15 March, 2011, the repression was relentless. In the image of the reign of Assad, whose brutality fell on the country forty years ago.

The population was resisting and hundreds of soldiers defected; joining the protest movement, often with their only service weapon, to protect the protesters[...]
It was A boon for Emir Ibrahim, who saw the opportunity to expand his field of action. Syria would be an ideal rear base, with a vital space for the caliphate in Iraq, where the Islamic State in Iraq was losing ground. gaining a foothold in a [second] country would boost its moribund organization, and perhaps even allow it to establish a transnational state. [...]

A few months after the start of the revolt, Al-Baghdadi sent one of his men to Syria, Abu Mohammed al-Joulani, to establish a branch of the IS. The jihadization of the Syrian revolution was now underway, in the shadow of a peaceful movement that would be the first target. And the first victim.

In May 2011, two months after the start of the revolt, Bashar al-Assad freed hundreds of Islamists from the military prison of Sednaya, located 30 kilometers north of Damascus. A prison hell where, alongside prisoners of conscience, there are some 1,100 jihadists, including many veterans of the Iraq war. Among the detainees released by Damascus, Salafist leaders, who were soon to lead the most formidable Syrian armed factions.
In Sednaya, jihadist prisoners made the law. A jungle cleverly maintained, and strictly controlled by the Machiavellian Assadian system. Because it is the gotha ​​of international jihad that is gathered there, by the Syrian regime: veterans of Iraq, but also of Afghanistan, jihadists of the region, but also of the Gulf and the Maghreb, who are walking around in the prison, dressed with Afghan clothes, and armed with knives.

Maher Esber, an opponent of Bashar al-Assad who spent six years in Sednaya is saying: "In total, during my incarceration, the Islamists murdered about sixty people, eight of them in front of me, dead beheaded or killed with sword, chopper or iron bar. The regime knew what was happening, but, it was a kind of laboratory, as if it wanted to test, at the level of this prison, what it could do in Syria, and what it had already achieved in Lebanon and elsewhere ... Power had turned Syria into a jihad launching pad in Iraq, where it sent these jihadists, and released them into its own territory to discredit the rebellion and divide its ranks. A game involving risks that Damascus had always been able to take. [...] The release of these elements was for the regime a highly risky bet, but it took it because it knew it would have no impact on the first circles of power, and that it would serve them politically. " [...]

In 2014, Al-Baghdadi took the city of Mosul and proclaimed himself "caliph" of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, a proto-state that spanned part of Syria and Iraq.
Lined with oil fields and located 450 kilometers east of Raqqa, Mosul was teeming with dormant cells. Former Baathists as well as members of tribes and armed factions.
A heterogeneous group, but united against the sectarian Shiite power of Baghdad, accused of being loyal to Iran. It was on this alliance that Al-Baghdadi counted to take Mosul, sending only 1,500 jihadists to conquer a city officially held by 80,000 Iraqi military and police.

The mission was completed in less than four days, following a brief battle that caused virtually no casualties in ISIS ranks. Al-Baghdadi called it "revenge of Bilaoui", a military leader and former friend of Bucca, who fell a few hours before in the assault on Mosul. This ISIS blitzkrieg artisan was also immediately replaced by Abu Muslim al-Turkmani, [a former Iraqi intelligence officer under Saddam Hussein, killed in 2015] a former Baathist officer whom Ibrahim was seeing in Bucca ten years earlier. A veteran of all the wars of Saddam in whom the future caliph had full confidence. The future would prove him right. [...]

To his new chief of staff, Al-Baghdadi gave the order to advance towards the autonomous region of Kurdistan in Iraq, and to march on the capital, to bring down the regime. Iraq seems on the brink of implosion. As in Mosul, where police and soldiers abandoned weapons and uniforms before fleeing, followed by half a million civilians; the rest of the province of Nineveh, near Syria, fell almost without firing a shot.

With shiny new four-wheel-drive vehicles, holding stacks of cash, and equipped with rocket launchers and anti-aircraft weapons, Al-Baghdadi's black-hooded hordes also captured large swathes of territory in the neighboring provinces of Kirkuk, and in Salaheddine, brutally executing on their way hundreds of Shiite soldiers ...

Their breakup in the Central Bank of Mosul would make Al-Baghdadi the richest terrorist leader in the world. A jackpot of $ 430 million, adding to the colossal revenues generated by the oil, antiquities and human trafficking in which the organization operates, in addition to the confiscation of property and the imposition of "taxes" to the people living under its yoke.

Since 2014 and his self-proclamation at the head of the caliphate, Al-Baghdadi was holed up. It is most often at a distance that he directed his troops, receiving his lieutenants "at home", sometimes in house clothes, surrounded by his family and sexual slaves.

And yet, Despite their initial success, the Jihadists were still eating too much American food, Pepsi and hamburgers. They were too fat and not tough enough. That's why they were losing the war.

When the Iraqi army launched its massive offensive in October 2016 to liberate Mosul, "capital" of the caliphate, Ibrahim urged his men to fight to the death; preferring to shelter in the vast desert area between Syria and Iraq, serving as a base fallback to the executives of the Islamic State.

In November 2017, Al-Baghdadi is in Rawa, 400 kilometers south of Mosul. His caliphate was in retreat, driven out of almost all its territories. Nevertheless, he urged his followers, in an audio recording broadcast by his propaganda organ, to "resist" and "unleash the war [...] everywhere" in the world.

Note: Abou Ahmad and Maher may remind you of the names of some administrators of the forum. They are not related to them.

aa1234779

Hud (11)

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on October 13, 2018, 07:39 PM
This is in french. Enlightening or frightening?

https://www.lemonde.fr/proche-orient/article/2018/10/11/avant-jamal-khashoggi-d-autres-dissidents-saoudiens-ont-disparu-dans-de-mysterieuses-circonstances_5367933_3218.html
Here is another one: http://www.atlantico.fr/decryptage/disparition-jamal-khashoggi-prince-heritier-saoudien-mohammed-ben-salman-mbs-vient-se-priver-future-couronne-roland-lombardi-3532084.html

I don't feel concerned. Maybe you do if you are involved in politics in the region. I guess the Saudi royal family doesn't like criticism. Unfortunately, even if evidence is found that Ben Salman is behind the disappearance, nothing would change. Even if he was leaving Saudi Arabia to wage Jihad in Syria, it wouldn't change anything. The only thing that matters in Saudi Arabia and for the rest of the world is how many barrels of oil they produce, and how many subsidies are given to the Saudis.
There are more important and urgent matters and we don't find solutions. Or we are not unable to change anything to address the issue.

Let's try a syllogism:
-Everything is decided by God.
-Jamal Khashoggi disappeared in Turkey.
-Therefore the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi was the will of God.
If we assume that the first premise is true, we can say that the Saudi royals are not responsible at all because everything is decided by God. In this case we have to accept that nobody is responsible of anything

If the syllogism contains false or incomplete premises, it can turn out to be a sophism.
For example:
aa1234779 likes the photos of the forum.
God likes the photos of the forum too, otherwise they wouldn't be on the forum.
Therefore aa1234779 is God.
It could be the case since the Koran doesn't say that aa1234779 is not God. But since God and aa1234779 can't be reduced to their mere presence on the forum, this syllogism doesn't prove anything.

Note that a lot of photos are available again on the forum.