• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Documentaries

Started by aa1234779, August 20, 2017, 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa1234779

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 28, 2019, 12:00 AM
I was also suspended.
Twitter is very trigger happy on suspending accounts.
Do you have any options on getting it back?
Sorry to hear that.
It's a common problem for dissidents where I come from for their accounts to be suspended.
As to getting my account back, I hope so, but the probability of that happening is very slim.
I didn't receive an email as to the violation(s) that led to suspending my account.
Nor did I receive a confirmation email for the appeal I made.
It seems the Abu Dhabi Twitter office is might be doing a nice job protecting corrupt bone-saw killing dictators in the Middle East, not to mention the thousands of employees that manage troll accounts that report accounts deemed dangerous to the fortunes of tyrants.

Quote from: humbert on February 28, 2019, 05:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if MBS and others were sending Twitter generous "donations". Supposedly it's a forum for people to air their views freely. If that were true then why are some opinions OK when others aren't?
If you remember a few years ago, the filthy rich businessman prince Al-Waleed now turned an MBS puppet after imprisonment & probable torture to forfeit his fortunes, bought around $100 million in Twitter shares.
Could that stake in the company be the price for twitter's Jack to sell his soul to criminal dictatorships?
I wouldn't discount that from being true. US presidents do that all the time w/o any consequences.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to hold another conference to talk about a special goat.
If humbert invited the mayor of Fair Haven at the restaurant, then he must know this goat.

In a divided America where politics seems increasingly to get people's goat, a small town in Vermont has taken the concept to heart -- this week electing one as mayor.
Indeed, Lincoln is a 3 year old Nubian goat and has become the mayor of the small town of Fair Haven, Vermont (Fair Haven had no official mayor).
In Tuesday's poll, Lincoln was victorious over 15 other candidates including Crystal the gerbil and many dogs and cats. Lincoln's 13 votes were enough for him to squeak past Sammie the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYeo22PHFE

scarface

Yesterday and today, some protests took place all around the world called Climate strikes.

Over 24 hours of climate action, organizers of the climate strike believe more than 1 million students skipped school on Friday or protest government inaction on climate change.
From Australia and New Zealand, to Asia, Europe, Africa, North America and South America, students from all over the world took to the streets to demand change.
Organizers said there were more than 2,000 protests in 125 countries.
The student movement was inspired by 16-year-old Greta Thunberg, now nominated for a Nobel Prize, who kicked off a global movement after she sat outside Swedish parliament every Friday beginning last August.
Many students expressed anger, fear and disappointment that adults have not acted.
Many also expressed hope for a green economy within 11 years, the timeframe experts at the United Nations believe is necessary to forestall catastrophic climate change.
Even as students demanded change, some ignored their pleas, including diplomatic delegations from the US, who watered down agreements to eliminate single-use plastics.

In Washington

in Paris

scarface

I've stumbled upon a bizarre story in the news: Was the passenger a terrorist?

A man with strange behavior was arrested Monday in a TGV linking Paris to Brest. After donning a hood, he was first restrained by three passengers.

"It does not seem to be terrorism," said the prosecutor of Saint-Brieuc, Bertrand Leclerc, evoking rather a "somewhat delusional behavior". The 35-year-old man, unemployed and from Chambéry, boarded the train in Paris "with a lot of luggage", according to the magistrate. His behavior and his "weird accoutrement" intrigued the passengers of the train. "He used to say things like 'I'm going to break their mouths' without talking to anyone, and he went to the bathroom with his suitcases, according to witnesses," the prosecutor explained.

Then the man put on a hood and a woman exclaimed "he is armed", causing a panic in the train, according to the same source.

He was initially controlled by three passengers including a gendarme out of service and was arrested by Border Police officials who were on a mission to secure the train, according to a source close to the investigation. No weapons were found on him or in the wagon. "It is not clear that he was armed or threatened anyone in particular," the prosecutor said.

Placed in custody, the man should be subjected to psychiatric expertise. A train passenger described a "weird, agitated man" who "tried to block the doors," according to an AFP correspondent.

The TGV was placed on a service road in order to allow the deminers to intervene safely. Closed around 17 hours, the station of Saint-Brieuc was reopened soon after and the circulation of the trains had resumed at the beginning of evening. Some travelers were waiting in the station to pick up the luggage left in the stationary train.

scarface

Tonight, I’m going to speak about a case you probably heard of.

He was a friend of a young Osama bin Laden and a Muslim Brotherhood sympathiser.
When he was sent to Afghanistan, he was seen holding an assault rifle and dressed in Afghani clothing. He did not fight in the country, but sympathised with the Mujahideen in the 1980s war against the Soviet occupation, which was funded by the Saudis and America’s CIA.
The description almost fits aa1234779, but it’s not him, because he would have certainly won the Afghan war if he had been there. Actually, I’m talking about Kashoggi. A recent video shows that he was ambushed by suspected Jihadis coming from Saudi Arabia worrying about the legitimacy of their king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaeYMysnuvY

scarface

Tonight, I found an excellent article in French titled "Letter to my daughter: Tomorrow, hunger if we do nothing"
It's about the end of oil. You can try to read it if you are interested.
https://blogs.mediapart.fr/vincent-rigoulet/blog/100419/lettre-ma-fille-demain-la-faim-si-l-ne-fait-rien

scarface

Tonight, president Macron will address the French people in a press conference at the Elysee palace at 8pm on Monday night, the French presidential team announced on Sunday.

In his address to the nation, the president will be expected to detail measures as a way forward for the country in response to the Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vests) movement.
The measures are expected to be based on the results of Macron's three-months-long "great national debate", which the French government published last week.
The Gilets Jaunes have been protesting every Saturday for 22 consecutive weeks.

Note that I received a pm of Maher saying that he's fine this morning.

scarface

Note that Macron delayed TV speech due to Notre Dame fire.
The 850-year-old Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is currently on fire, and images and videos are starting to hit Twitter.

Flames are shooting out of the roof behind the nave of the 12th cathedral, one of the world's most visited landmarks.
Reports say the roof of the cathedral has "entirely collapsed."
What caused the Notre Dame fire isn't immediately clear, but France 2 television is reporting that police are treating it like an accident.

scarface

The Northern belfry of Notre dame may burn pretty soon too.
In spite of 400 firefighters, it's not known if Notre Dame will be saved.
Cathedral spokesman Andre Finot told French media that the building had sustained “colossal damage” and that the Medieval wooden interior â€" an engineering and artistic marvel that has inspired awe and wonder for the millions who have visited over the centuries â€" had been gutted.
“Everything is burning,” he said. “Nothing will remain from the frame.”
The cathedral has been under renovation, and officials said they were considering the blaze an accident relating to construction.
The fire began in the late afternoon, with yellow clouds of smoke billowing into an otherwise perfect blue sky and orange flames assaulting the belfry. As evening began to fall over the city, a gaping hole could be seen where the enormous vaulted roof once had been. Flames continued to lick the night sky as an impromptu chorus in the streets below somberly sang “Ave Maria.”

a Photo taken on 29 July 2018 by me, on top of the Arab world institute.

I know that some of you are speaking Arabic like aa1234779 or panzer24.
Note that it's now possible to have a certification in the Arabic language.
Eight cities in the world (Paris, Geneva, Rabat, Tétouan, Cairo, Doha and Amman) will organize for the first time in the world an official certificate in Arabic developed by Institut du monde arabe in Paris. The selected institutions have been chosen for their quality education. The French Institute in Jordan is one of these institutions. This certification is intended for anyone over the age of 15 for either academic, professional or personal reasons, seeks a reliable and recognized validation of their knowledge and competence in Arabic.

Shadow.97

Sitting at work currently and watching it go down live. Interesting things.
Expected to see you post about it, so came here to read it :)