• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Best Windows 8 Start Menu?

Started by thewindowsgeek101, January 14, 2013, 05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewindowsgeek101

Hello! so i just upgraded to windows 8 a few days go, and i hate the merto ui!. i want the start menu back
so i looked at some start menus for win8. i do not know which is the best.
can yu tell me what you use and your review about it?

Thanks!

- TheWindowsgeek101  :D
Hello I am a Geek.

Ahmad

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: thewindowsgeek101 on January 14, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hello! so i just upgraded to windows 8 a few days go, and i hate the merto ui!. i want the start menu back
so i looked at some start menus for win8. i do not know which is the best.
can yu tell me what you use and your review about it?
Thanks!

C'mon, man! What could be easier than the Metro interface? If you want launch any app from the desktop, all you do is hit the Windows key once and single click on the tile. One thing I detest about the start menu we had to put up with since Windows 95 is that to launch an app, you click start, then up, then right, then left, then right again until you find your app. Oh, and the icons are small and right beside each other, so you might end up clicking the wrong one and having to start from scratch. Enough of this garbage!

I believe these guys who say they hate Metro simply don't know it well enough, so they assume it's garbage.

thewindowsgeek101

i don't hate the merto ui
But i like the start menu a little better.
Hello I am a Geek.

humbert

Quote from: thewindowsgeek101 on January 18, 2013, 01:41 AM
i don't hate the merto ui
But i like the start menu a little better.

This makes sense. It's important to understand that personal tastes are very different from saying something is bad. For example, I like apples, bananas and pineapples, but not coconuts or hazel nuts. Nothing wrong with them - I just don't like them.  :)