• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Is this really true (Religion discussion ahead)

Started by PANZER24, April 11, 2019, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANZER24

I remember myself seeing some post by accident on google and I really found some interesting but rather shocking stuff, it is about some verses in the bible book that talk about "how people should treat women"
Here is the post:
Actually Christianity is a bit worse - Most, if not all of the freedoms and individual rights for women that were legislated in the western world have zero to do with religion.

*Jesus says that divorce is permissible when the wife is guilty of fornication, but not the husband (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Mark 10:29-30, Luke 18:29-30).

* Abandon your wife and children for Jesus and he'll give you a big reward (Matt 19:29).

* Pregnant women will suffer in the end of days (Mark 13:17).

* Males are holy to God, not females (Luke 2:23).

* Paul explains that "the natural use" of women is to act as sexual objects for the pleasure of men (Romans 1:27).

* Paul says "the head of the woman is the man," meaning that the women are to be subordinate to men (1 Corinthians 11:3).

* If a woman refuses to cover her head in church, then her her head must be shaved. (1 Corinthians 11:5-6)

* Men are made in the image of God; women in the image of men. Women were created from and for men. (1 Corinthians 11:7-9)

* Women are commanded by Paul to be silent in church and to be obedient to men. He further says that "if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

* Wives must submit to their husbands "in every thing" as though they were Christ. "For the husband is the head of the wife." (Ephesians 5:22-24, Colossians 3:18).

* "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Timothy 2:11-12)

*You should help a widow only if she 1) is over 60 years old, 2) had only one husband, 3) has raised children, 4) has lodged strangers, 5) has "washed the saints feet," 6) has relieved the afflicted, and 7) has "diligently followed very good work." Otherwise, let them starve. He adds that "some [young widows] are already turned aside after Satan." (1 Timothy 5:9-15)

Since I didn't fully read the bible and didn't make a research about it I can't fully believe in what is written above so that's why I am here to ask you if this is true or not? and if it is true, why? I am pretty sure there is a reason behind those verses.

Talking about religions, My eye caught this topic on google and decided to open it and see what do people actually think about "Islam vs Christianity" and when I read its content I completely went shocked and surprised
the topic: http://www.firstdallas.org/icampus/blog/islam-versus-christianity/

The fact that everything written on that topic only aims to deceive people while also being based on no evidence is ironic, because let's be reasonable, Can anyone be able to know that muhammed was a pedophile, a criminal and a warhead or whatever they say? and what arguments were used in this topic to prove it?
They are just claims, backed up with nothing, how can we believe in such claims when they can be lies?
and if muhammed really was just a bad guy and wrote the quran himself in a 20 years old period, why didn't he say "worship me" so he can benefit from it by trolling people? Does this make sense??? LOL

I am persuaded that arguing about such things must be done in a mature way, with true arguments, the most thing I hate about people is when some of them attempt to lie in order to achieve their objectif which consists of convincing the opposite party, It is very clear that people try to ruin the image of "islam"(I chose islam in particular because it is the only example I could find) by posting lies? and pure nonsense tales about it, like it is not a religion of peace because of some extremists if not some mercenaries who were paid to act like they are muslims while spreading death across land. Honestly, I started believing that the point of terrorism is to hold the flourishing of countries by messing up everything so other countries can take over their oil.

inb4 I just want to add something, if people are truly convinced in something and know that it is the truth, why do they try to post lies about the opposite part and ruin its image as long as it is true? As I said before, people must act maturally.

humbert

Keep in mind that ALL religions are subdivided. Different groups of followers disagree on this or that detail. You will find just about all beliefs represented, from the most radical to the most lenient. And, of course, all religions and subdivisions think they are right and all the others are wrong. So with respect to your post, simply choose the beliefs you are most comfortable with, respect all others and leave it at that.