• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

RAM PRICES!! Chemical Explosion!

Started by Shadow.97, September 04, 2013, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Daniil

Keep calm, Shadow. Let's wait till situation becomes more detailed.

humbert

I've got to agree with Daniil here. I am sick and tired of seeing similar situations in countless other products. Probably my favorite example is what happens in Miami every several years when a strong cold front arrives and temps can briefly drop to about 0°C. You ge tired of seeing on TV large numbers of farmers who plant tomatoes and oranges spending all night watering their plants and applying any heating system they can. Then they report "massive losses" and steep price increases. After several weeks everybody forgets.

Why do these guys keep growing those plants when they know perfectly these weather phenomena will just keep coming?

Daniil

Well, Shadow, a week has passed, and - what's the news? Did the economic collapse without ram modules, as predicts comrade Lenin scarface;D

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on September 10, 2013, 09:32 AM
Well, Shadow, a week has passed, and - what's the news? Did the economic collapse without ram modules, as predicts comrade Lenin scarface;D
They have increased here in sweden atleast. But I'm still waiting for ddr4^^

Daniil

Here in shops RAM prices was increased at about 20%. It's unpleasantly but not a reason for panic. Also, as you can remember, same situation was at 2011 with HDD's after a flooding at Thailand.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 11, 2013, 10:35 AM

In order for you to take advantage of DDR4, wouldn't you have to buy a whole new motherboard? Certainly today's boards won't support DDR4. Right?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on September 11, 2013, 08:38 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 11, 2013, 10:35 AM

In order for you to take advantage of DDR4, wouldn't you have to buy a whole new motherboard? Certainly today's boards won't support DDR4. Right?
Exactly, but I'm not aiming it to be ultra highend, I'll settle for a decent one for a very cheap buck.
I upgraded my chassi and powersupply last friday (didn't buy new, took parts from left over computers) temp decreased about 10-30C depending on the load.
But as of now I'm settling with my current ram, it's basically when it is "too bad" for the newer games and or programs that come out.

Daniil

I'm also want to upgrade my main PC... What motherboard you want to buy in bounds of your budget, Shadow?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on September 16, 2013, 10:13 AM
I'm also want to upgrade my main PC... What motherboard you want to buy in bounds of your budget, Shadow?
I have far from decided as this is not within atleast 6 months, I've just began taking it in consideration. I might actually not even need to upgrade because I will get a PC from my new school.