• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

best clips

Started by scarface, February 26, 2013, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 10, 2022, 11:47 PMA documentary about obesity in the USA.
I hope humbert and shadow.97 are not as big as the first character of the video.

Not me. I weigh about 90 kg and stand 1.83m in height. Not thin but not obese. It's this disgusting junk food that's just about everywhere. People gobble it up like sharks on a feeding frenzy. I stay away from that garbage.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 11, 2022, 05:09 AMNot me. I weigh about 90 kg and stand 1.83m in height. Not thin but not obese. It's this disgusting junk food that's just about everywhere. People gobble it up like sharks on a feeding frenzy. I stay away from that garbage.
90 kg is good, even if for 1.83 meters, the subject can be described as slightly overweight.
I was afraid you might be eating too many mcdonalds. Actually, the TV documentary says that the average weight for a man in the US is 200 pounds (or 90 kg) but the average size is 1.70m.
I'm the same size as you (1.83m), but I weigh between 80 and 84 kg.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 11, 2022, 10:47 PM90 kg is good, even if for 1.83 meters, the subject can be described as slightly overweight.
I was afraid you might be eating too many mcdonalds. Actually, the TV documentary says that the average weight for a man in the US is 200 pounds (or 90 kg) but the average size is 1.70m.
I'm the same size as you (1.83m), but I weigh between 80 and 84 kg.

You also have to factor into the equation that chronologically I'm a little older than you. I use the term "chronologically" because mentally I'm as young as Shadow.97 or Vasudev. ;)

And no, I stay away from all the junk food places. I try to keep myself in reasonable shape by walking some 3½ to 4 km every morning. In fact, I start feeling bad if I don't.

scarface

Tonight, new videos are available on the forum.

The Madoff Affair - documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1Y66IwKvc

Rising prices, faltering output: Europe's struggling energy sector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifr_Z0PZ434

135-Pound Mastiff Becomes Obsessed With A Tiny Kitten 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yNZ9c5Z9Y8

666 vs. Club Factory - Supa Dupa Fly Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCIPTuce1M

scarface

Today, new videos are available on the forum.

Why Sri Lanka's Economy is Collapsing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYV3XCbk5PQ

A baboon sneaks away from lions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRId_FFfmZA

The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (1976)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCPot1j0ug

Eurodance Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDECwLmF1w0

scarface

Tonight, new videos are available on the forum.

Energy crisis: Lights go off in Europe as prices soar.
The Rio-Antirio bridge in Greece, one of the longest of its kind in the world, has turned off its eye-catching decorative lights as the country scrambles to save energy with winter looming.
In Paris, The Eiffel Tower, usually bathed in a warm glow until 1:00 am, and which comes ablaze with dazzling white lights every hour, will now go dark after the last visitor leaves, at 11:45 pm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2at2BG5LZU

A monster lizard hunts spiny-tailed lizard
aa1234779 and Maher have probably heard of this lizard: this is the deadliest predator of Arabia. The desert monitor lives in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan and India.
When its body temperature increases, so does the efficiency of its senses. As well as excellent hearing and eyesight, its long fork tongue flicks out to collect minute scent particles in the air. Each prong of the fork works independently: it can tell which side the strongest scent is coming from, giving it directional smell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7P8QH14Hg

The Mystery Of Akhenaten's Revolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEJdWD-UX6k

DJ VAL - Taking it to the top ( Eurodance HiT 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jGcU1VPcg

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 25, 2022, 12:41 AMEnergy crisis: Lights go off in Europe as prices soar.
The Rio-Antirio bridge in Greece, one of the longest of its kind in the world, has turned off its eye-catching decorative lights as the country scrambles to save energy with winter looming.
In Paris, The Eiffel Tower, usually bathed in a warm glow until 1:00 am, and which comes ablaze with dazzling white lights every hour, will now go dark after the last visitor leaves, at 11:45 pm.

I don't understand something. Most of France's power come from nuclear. An anticipated shortage of gas shouldn't have much effect on the lights of the Eiffel Tower. Also, I'm assuming they're no longer using old, wasteful incandescent light bulbs. They're probably using LED's. They last almost forever and consume next to nothing compared to the old bulbs. Here in America that's all you find on store shelves. Even compact flourescent bulbs have been removed because they use mercury.

I believe when it comes to electricity, nuclear is the way to go. It's safe, environmentally friendly, and virtually limitless. The reason for the damage at Chernobyl was because these Communist idiots didn't bother to install a containment building. In 1977 at Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania there was also a partial reactor meltdown. NOBODY was hurt thanks to the containment building.

I'll bet borrowed money nobody is France is going to freeze this coming winter with the possible exception of these homeless people you keep mentioning. I visited Paris in late November. I'd say the average temp was about 5°C. That's not too bad. It's comfortable if you're a tourist walking from place to place.

humbert

Quote from: humbert on September 30, 2022, 05:04 AM
Quote from: scarface on September 25, 2022, 12:41 AMEnergy crisis: Lights go off in Europe as prices soar.

I don't understand something. Most of France's power come from nuclear. An anticipated shortage of gas shouldn't have much effect on the lights of the Eiffel Tower. Also, I'm assuming they're no longer using old, wasteful incandescent light bulbs. They're probably using LED's. They last almost forever and consume next to nothing compared to the old bulbs. Here in America that's all you find on store shelves. Even compact flourescent bulbs have been removed because they use mercury.

I believe when it comes to electricity, nuclear is the way to go. It's safe, environmentally friendly, and virtually limitless. The reason for the damage at Chernobyl was because these Communist idiots didn't bother to install a containment building. In 1977 at Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania there was also a partial reactor meltdown. NOBODY was hurt thanks to the containment building. I would not be surprised if someone develops a working fusion reactor in the next 10-20 years.

I'll bet borrowed money nobody is France is going to freeze this coming winter with the possible exception of these homeless people you keep mentioning. I visited Paris in late November. I'd say the average temp was about 5°C. That's not too bad. It's comfortable if you're a tourist walking from place to place.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 30, 2022, 05:04 AMI don't understand something. Most of France's power come from nuclear. An anticipated shortage of gas shouldn't have much effect on the lights of the Eiffel Tower. Also, I'm assuming they're no longer using old, wasteful incandescent light bulbs. They're probably using LED's. They last almost forever and consume next to nothing compared to the old bulbs. Here in America that's all you find on store shelves. Even compact flourescent bulbs have been removed because they use mercury.

I believe when it comes to electricity, nuclear is the way to go. It's safe, environmentally friendly, and virtually limitless. The reason for the damage at Chernobyl was because these Communist idiots didn't bother to install a containment building. In 1977 at Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania there was also a partial reactor meltdown. NOBODY was hurt thanks to the containment building.

Well, I'm going to answer your question tonight. It's an interesting question and like me, the users of the forum certainly think you deserve an explanation.

PS: you posted the same message twice. Maybe you could delete the second one.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on September 30, 2022, 05:04 AMI don't understand something. Most of France's power come from nuclear. An anticipated shortage of gas shouldn't have much effect on the lights of the Eiffel Tower. Also, I'm assuming they're no longer using old, wasteful incandescent light bulbs. They're probably using LED's. They last almost forever and consume next to nothing compared to the old bulbs. Here in America that's all you find on store shelves. Even compact flourescent bulbs have been removed because they use mercury.

humbert is totally right: if shortages are more and more likely, it's not only due to situation in Russia.
With the coming fall, concerns are mounting again in France on the electricity supply front because 32 of its 56 nuclear reactors currently shut down. Électricité de France (EDF) announced on August 25, that four of these that have been shut down due to stress corrosion and small cracks in cement works will see their non-operation extended by several weeks this fall. The power company has said that the extension is linked to "a better estimate" of the time needed to conduct investigations and repair work. Similar problems have required the shutdowns of 12 reactors, while the other shutdowns are for maintenance.
Despite the new setback, EDF has maintained its nuclear power production forecast for 2022 of between 280 and 300 terawatt-hours, even though a spokesman acknowledged on Thursday that production will "probably" be closer to the bottom of this range. In mid-May, EDF already revised its nuclear power production estimate for this year.
If its own production is insufficient for France's needs, EDF imports electricity from elsewhere in Europe, where prices are soaring as Russia clamps down on exports of natural gas, also a main source for electricity. The emergency work added to the financial woes of the heavily indebted state-controlled company, which the government now plans to fully nationalize as it moves to relaunch France's nuclear industry.
With the war in Ukraine raging and Vladimir Putin threatening to shut off gas supplies, the delay can only contribute to a surge in wholesale electricity prices as never seen before in France. For months, rates have been soaring, breaking all records. On Thursday, August 25, they reached 900 euros per megawatt-hour, for delivery next year, compared to less than 100 euros a year ago and less than 50 euros on average in previous years.

France's Prime Minister warned that a worst-case scenario this winter could lead to rolling two-hour power cuts in French homes, amid a broad energy crisis aggravated by the war in Ukraine.
Borne's comments came ahead of a special government meeting focusing on energy and climate-related issues. Borne told TMC that the situation is partly due to the consequences of the war in Ukraine and also to the planned shutdown of about half of France's 56 nuclear reactors for maintenance notably to repair corrosion problems. France relies on nuclear energy for about 67% of its electricity — more than any other country — and on gas for about 7%.