• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

good movies

Started by scarface, March 01, 2013, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I just tested Mediacoder and it worked - it successfully cropped a 2.35:1 movie down to 16:9. What surprised me was that the output file was 664 MB, and yet the input file was 1.25 GB. All other converters made the file much larger than the original. Since I'm a newbie at all this, I'm wondering if this is the program or that my settings are off.

Ahmad

Size becomes smaller may be due to one of the following reasons:

1-) The resolution produced is much smaller than the original ..

Example in your case..
If the original video resolution was 1692x720 and you cropped it to 1280x720
This will lessen the total size of the video.
Note that the produced size will be much smaller if you cropped the video to a resolution much lower then 1280x720 .. for example: If you cropped it to 740x360 instead of 1280x720 , the size will be nearly the half.

2-) Also the value of the bit rate plays an important role ..

If the original resolution and the produced resolution are the same, but the bit rate becomes the half, in this case also the size of the video will be nearly the half.

I think those are the most important controllers of the video size.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

scarface

Indeed, but I disagree with your calculation.
If You switch from 1280x720 to 1280x360, You should have half the size, unless Im wrong, then less with your example.
I dont know if You include the blacks bars or not in the format anyway, they take less space.

A long time ago I had uploaded equilibrium on a torrent site (t411), in English (2.07Gb). Its still available, if You want to see my standard in term of quality.

Ahmad

Yes, I calculated it wrong.. Thanks for bringing my attention to that.
Anyway, you're much better than me in maths :)

What does this equilibrium talk about in short?
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

scarface

aa1234779

Good music in Scarface's signature.. though I'm still a lizard  :P
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

aa1234779

The Raid 1&2 Great Indonesian action flick..

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

I didn't see this one. Overall, I'm not into zombies movies, even if I still have the first opus of Resident Evil.

QuoteI'm not the one claiming to like intellectual movies, you are.
Yes, but it's you who deemed the following movies not "intellectually challenging" http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1782.msg13908#msg13908.
For most people, those movies are good movies, and for some, they are perhaps even difficult to understand.
But here, we have a demanding audience. In most countries, it's not the middle class who has an internet access and who comes here to read a forum in English. That's why I put different kind of movies, so that a lot of people will find here something they like.
Once again, I guess that most people prefer the movies with Van damme to the misanthrope of Molière (theater piece).

humbert

Is this where Arnold says "hasta la vista, baby"?

As for that site, IDM will download the movie for you, but only at 360p maximum. Clearly it's meant for watching on the computer. I HATE watching moves on the computer, that's what the TV is for.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to present a new movie, titled 'Exam'. This British movie was released in 2009.
The story seems simple: The film is set in present-time United Kingdom in an alternate history. Eight candidates dress for what appears to be an employment assessment exam. They enter a room and sit down at individual desks. Each desk contains a paper with the word "candidate", followed by a number, from one to eight. The Invigilator, a representative of the company named DATAPREV, explains that the exam takes 80 minutes and consists of one question only, and that there are three rules: they must not talk to the Invigilator or the armed guard at the door, spoil their paper, or leave the room. Not obeying the rules will result in disqualification.
With such a plot, the movie is gripping from the beginning and the rest of the film make us wonder what is going to happen to the candidates.
Like the cube movies trilogy, there is always a troubling atmosphere and every single minute, it gets more suspenseful and engaging. it really gets you to think what is the question, which is so painfully obvious once you realise what is the question.

Depending on your country, choose whether you can see this movie:  Australia:M / Germany:16 / Japan:G / Netherlands:12 / Singapore:PG13 / South Korea:15 / Spain:16 / UK:15 / USA:Not Rated