• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Latest Java Runtime Environment - Jre 21.0.0 x64 silent installer <--°>

Started by scarface, March 08, 2013, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Do you visit many sites that use Java? I haven't run into one in ages, nor do I run any apps that require Java to be installed. This contrasts sharply with flash. As much as I may hate flash, it's everywhere and many sites will not work without it. Only on Youtube do you not need flash, and even then you have to have the "Youtube All HTML5" addon installed.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 17, 2015, 03:53 AM
Do you visit many sites that use Java? I haven't run into one in ages, nor do I run any apps that require Java to be installed. This contrasts sharply with flash. As much as I may hate flash, it's everywhere and many sites will not work without it. Only on Youtube do you not need flash, and even then you have to have the "Youtube All HTML5" addon installed.
Humbert and others: Did anyone notice change in name of this thread?

scarface

QuoteHumbert and others: Did anyone notice change in name of this thread?

Yes...it seems humbert you edited the first message of the topic...

Btw, I sent a message to a few users on the forum, like Ahmad, DAWxp32, Commander Rylak, aa1234779, usmangujjar, vasudev, harkaz and maher. It's just a little gift, a link for a mod of win7. Hoping some of them will be back one day.

Yoda

Quote from: humbert on March 06, 2015, 03:59 AM
How many of you guys have Java installed anyway?
I m using both 32bit and 64bit versions for my Windows 7x64.
May The Force Be With You ...

humbert

Quote from: Yoda on July 19, 2015, 08:19 AM

Why? Do you run into too many sites that use Java? Or is it that you're running Java-based apps? Also, why both 32bit and 64bit versions?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on July 20, 2015, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Yoda on July 19, 2015, 08:19 AM

Why? Do you run into too many sites that use Java? Or is it that you're running Java-based apps? Also, why both 32bit and 64bit versions?
Humb: Did you try speedtest's ping test, it incorporates java for testing the latency.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on July 20, 2015, 11:34 AM
Humb: Did you try speedtest's ping test, it incorporates java for testing the latency.

That links you to pingtest.net. Java is only required for determining packet loss. Ping and jitter don't need it. The only other interesting Java site would probably be http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php. This tells you if your ISP is throttling torrents. For me installing Java for just these 2 sites is not worth the effort.

I accidentally found a site called http://www.bandwidthplace.com/. This thing tests ping and speed using HTML5. I just ran a test -- ping and upload speed were on target, but download speed was notoriously off the mark.

Yoda

I have Windows 7 x64 but using Firefox (32bit) so I think I should have both 32bit and 64 bit java...

By the way... I am using ookla speed test.

(My stats :) )

humbert

Quote from: Yoda on July 21, 2015, 02:59 PM
I have Windows 7 x64 but using Firefox (32bit) so I think I should have both 32bit and 64 bit java...

If Java is being used as a Firefox plugin, then the 32bit version is enough. Are you running a Java based 64bit app?

You're in Greece?

Yoda

Quote from: humbert on July 22, 2015, 03:18 AM
Quote from: Yoda on July 21, 2015, 02:59 PM

If Java is being used as a Firefox plugin, then the 32bit version is enough. Are you running a Java based 64bit app?

You're in Greece?

Thanks for that advice, and yes... I am in Greece  :)
(But... right now is a bad time to be in Greece my friends  :'( )