• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

tv shows

Started by aa1234779, March 12, 2013, 06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Thats right, until now there were no problems. but history is not linear, things can change very quickly.
This article and many are available to confirm Im not delirious about egypt.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-walker/who-will-feed-egypt_b_816495.html
But Egypt is not a particular problem. The problem is the dependency on oil and energy. historically cairo has been long-lasting, thats not the case for Vegas. But with our urban way of life, without cheap energy nearly everyone will be subjected to the economic collapse, in my opinion.
As for vacation You are right, I would gladly leave paris, low cost planes are cheap. for 30euros I can reach barcelone or liverpool but then I dont have enough to afford an hotel...
For those who wonder why Im not sleeping Ive got noisy neighbours. Im often waked up.

Daniil

As for me, I'm not watching a TV. TV raise a bloody rage in me! :) Well, what's on our russian TV today?

News. Ow, yeah, sure, news! Each second word is lie, most valuable news is don't watch news if you're caring about your digesting.
Shows. Ow, yeah, tv shows! Damned reality shows like "Who want to be a millionare", "Last Hero" with that dumb "strars" from Moscow, idiotic "scientific" shows like "Ancient Secrets" (O-o-o, nazi's at 1944, with aliens help, created an army of zombies and hide it somewhere in Antarctic!.. O-o-o, horrible yeti terrorising a village on Ural! (he asks a tractor driver to give him money for vodka)... O-o-o, all americans is under mind control of jewry, and a jewry are (surprise!) an aliens, from Siriuis). Also, a Culture channel... Maybe last good channel, where sometimes you can see a good films or normal shows with real scientists, or even public lectures about different scientific investigations... But at most time on Culture is "cultural shows", which means - a bunch of old farts sit around a table and shoot the breeze about "In USSR was good, grass was greener, and our dicks was serviceable..."
Politic shows? Oh, come on! Putin said to Medvedev, and Medevedev said to Putin, that Putin said to Medvedev, that Medvedev said to Putin... And, yes, americans are bad, and opposition parties are also bad, and sometimes emmigrants from Chechnya and Tadjikistan misbehaves, and corruption grows. But, back to politics - Putin said to Medvedev, that Medvedev said to Putin, that Putin.......
Well, you understands. :)

I prefer to watch recorded TV shows from the Internet. I like Discovery channel (Stephen Hawking's shows, shows about tech history, also a Mythbusters, Top Gear and so on), and also scientific shows from History channel or National Geographic channels. I can say that my interests are closely to described by our friend Ahmad, with a bit more interest to a technology, military and history, not the pure science.

aa1234779

Quote from: scarface on March 21, 2013, 05:26 AM
As for vacation You are right, I would gladly leave paris, low cost planes are cheap. for 30euros I can reach barcelone or liverpool but then I dont have enough to afford an hotel...

Sorry, I don't get what kind of relaxation or sightseeing there is in Liverpool?
You are still in Europe & the culture of your country isn't much different.
Why not Southeast Asia, Caribbean, Egypt, or any other island resorts etc..
Lots of dirt cheap fun..
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

humbert

Daniil is absolutely correct with it comes to the news media - do NOT take what they say very seriously, a lot of it is misinformation. I believe the media is either part of the oligarchy in power and therefore its mouthpiece, or blows things out of proportion to increase revenue from ads -- or both! I have yet to see a truly impartial and factually accurate news agency.

There is also no question that most TV shows serve no other purpose than to entertain those who have no ability to think for themselves. We must all keep in mind the type of shows Daniil talks about exist for one reason only - people watch them. I too like what Daniil likes.

@Daniil - while I have your attention - did you get to watch the TV documentary about the Antikythira Mecanism? it was the name given to a complex machine supposedly built by Archimedes which could (among other things) predict eclipses many years in advance, including duration time and intensities. Try to watch it, it's fascinating.

katana

*butting in*

Hello there, guys!

I watch some local shows, Asian Food Channel, Discovery, Nat'l Geographic, CNN, Al-Jazeera, & BBC at times. Foreign shows like NCIS:Los Angeles, CSI Series, 2-Broke Girls, Australian Masterchef from StarWorld-Asia...

I'm a WOMAN. Like a man but with a WO. Important distinction that. Can be misunderstood if not made properly.

Daniil

@katana
Hi! :) Nice to read you again!

@humbert
Yes, I did. Antikythira Mecanism is a fascinating thing. Also I saw it's modern replica, it's very nice too.
I heared about it at first time three or four years ago, and at first time I didn't believe that it could existed. I thought that it was something from ship or from crashed plane from the War time...
But then, when I saw the replica at Discovery and a lot of photos in Internet I believe at last...  :)
Some people says...
Umm, that's not my style... ;D
Anyway... Some people says that Antikythera Mechanism was first computer. But I think that this is more close to a clock, not to a computer.

humbert

@Katana - it's so nice to have you back! Those TV shows you mentioned - are they available to you via cable or satellite TV? Oh, before I forget, did you decide on your nickname because it's the famous Japanese sword used by ninjas?

@Daniil - I agree that a 'clock' is a much better description of the Antikythera Mechanism than a 'computer' given the fact that it did not compute numbers and wasn't much more than a complex system of gears. What I do find fascinating is how Archimedes calculated not only the subtle differences in the orbit of the moon because it's elliptical, but also the movement of the ellipse itself over thousands of years.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on May 03, 2013, 01:38 AM
I agree that a 'clock' is a much better description of the Antikythera Mechanism than a 'computer' given the fact that it did not compute numbers and wasn't much more than a complex system of gears. What I do find fascinating is how Archimedes calculated not only the subtle differences in the orbit of the moon because it's elliptical, but also the movement of the ellipse itself over thousands of years.
Yes, I agree. Preciseness of Mechanism isn't very surprising, it was built in Rome, and Romans always was a good technicans. You may know, that, for example, "gladius" swords, base weapons of Roman legioners, produced in mass production way in a special factories. so they surely can create such high-quality thing.

A real fascinating thing in this is that Archimedes guessed about a constitution of planetary system.  But, as I have read, The Mechanism had simulate not a movement of a celestial bodies in our planet system, but, at a first place, a movement of them on a welkin. I.e., it was built based on science paradigms of Ancient Greece and Rome.  So maybe that was not a calculations based on knowledges about space mechanics, but a calculations based on visual visual observation, which then was simulated in mechanics.
But, ofcourse, that was a great thing anyway. Because way from calculating visual paths of celestial bodies to understanding the basics of astro-mechanics is very short in fact. And Kopernik shown this at XIV century.