• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

MKVtoolnix repacked

Started by scarface, April 20, 2013, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Here is MKVtoolnix v 81.0 silent installer for windows (64 bits version). Compatible with Win 7/8/10/11 x64.
-The default path for the installer is %systemdrive%/Program Files (x86)\MKVtoolnix
-added MKVextractGUI2/Suprip (not present in the original version)
-Some shortcuts are automatically created in the Startmenu.

It is an excellent tool to edit mkv.

Link: Mkvtoolnix

Vasudev

Are you happy about getting mkv support out of the box in win10?

scarface

QuoteAre you happy about getting mkv support out of the box in win10?
I don't use win10 for the moment.
Even if Media Player supports MKV file out of the box in windows 10, I have the habit of using VLC.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 24, 2014, 06:32 PM
Are you happy about getting mkv support out of the box in win10?

What difference does it make is Win10 supports mkv. MPC-HC (my favorite player) plays mkv's perfectly, in fact I have yet to find a media file format this thing won't play.

Don't tell me you use that Windows Media Player garbage.

Vasudev

WMP 12 is restrictive is every ways, so I use vlc & itunes 12.1. MKV out of the box gives noobs to watch movies downloaded from torrents w/o 3rd party s/w.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on February 21, 2015, 07:03 AM
WMP 12 is restrictive is every ways, so I use vlc & itunes 12.1. MKV out of the box gives noobs to watch movies downloaded from torrents w/o 3rd party s/w.

VLC is my second choice. iTunes is pure bloat. You need it only if you have an Apple product due to that company's insistence everything being proprietary.

Why in the world would these lamers download movies in mkv format? At Yify they're all in mp4. Files are smaller and will play on just about anything. I copy them to flashdrive and watch the movies on my TV. I hate watching movies (or anything else) on the computer, that's what the TV's for.

humbert

I take it then that mp4 and mkv are simply containers, correct? I have some questions. The first involves file size. I just looked for a typical movie (about 1:45 in lenght) and noticed that using Matroska the file size was about 2 GB - with a resolution of 720p. A similar movie encoded with mp4 takes up about 1.5 GB with a 1080p resolution. Imagine you had the same movie in 1080p format, one copy as mp4 and the other mkv with a much larger file size. If you put both on flashdrives and played them side by side on 2 similar TV's, would the mkv look better?

I've seen the webm format on some files. MPC-HC plays it perfectly.

humbert

I'm thinking the video streams must either be identical or pretty close. I'm saying this because I play Yify's mp4's on the TV and frankly I have no complaints about quality.

As you know, if a video file (or any file) if larger than 4GB, you have to reformat the flashdrive for NTFS. Then again doing so isn't a bad idea. The TV and my streamer's USB video player can read NTFS. All distros of Linux and bootable ISO's read NTFS. In short, FAT32 is a little like optical media -- rapidly headed for extinction.

humbert

Does MKVmerge work only with MP4 and MKV or with all the others as well? I like Ultra Video Joiner. It cuts and combines any format as well as convert any format to any other. It doesn't remove subtitles, at least not as far as I know.

Sobhana123

The postings on your site are always excellent. i really loved the content in it Thanks for the share and keep up this great work! All the best to you. please keep updating