• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Sound problem

Started by gelapir, May 13, 2013, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I agree that trying to correct this situation by getting the right drivers is OK, but then again - didn't gelapir say all drivers were installed and Device Menu showed no anomalies??

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on May 17, 2013, 05:29 AM
I agree that trying to correct this situation by getting the right drivers is OK, but then again - didn't gelapir say all drivers were installed and Device Menu showed no anomalies??

Yes, he said that. Let me explain what happened in my case..
Once, I tried a Driver Pack CD to install drivers for my motherboard. Regarding sound driver, it installed a REALTEK driver for my SoundMAX sound card. If you look at the Device manager, it'll tell you that the sound driver is already installed and no problems. In fact, there is a driver, but the wrong one. And it won't tell you that it's not compatible or something like that.
It worked as if it was the correct driver, but there is no sound !!

:)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on May 18, 2013, 06:55 AM
Yes, he said that. Let me explain what happened in my case..
Once, I tried a Driver Pack CD to install drivers for my motherboard. Regarding sound driver, it installed a REALTEK driver for my SoundMAX sound card. If you look at the Device manager, it'll tell you that the sound driver is already installed and no problems. In fact, there is a driver, but the wrong one. And it won't tell you that it's not compatible or something like that.
It worked as if it was the correct driver, but there is no sound !!

Yes, you're right! In fact, I remember once I mistakenly installed an incorrect driver on my Windows 8 and device manager reported no problems, but still my USB 3.0 ports didn't work. It wasn't until I rolled the driver back that it worked.

rodtsuka

I work as daily basis is installing and configure hardware and software in a pc (desktop and notebook) - I´m 44 years old and worked in this
type of thing since i was 10 years old (I once need to created a word processor in basic in a Business SHARP Computer). I have a 99% percent
sure that the problem is the driver installed by your driver solution pack is not correct, go to manufacturer website and download the right one.
I always have this type of problem with soundmax and slimdrivers (my choice of driver check).