• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

PC shuts down when installing sound driver

Started by gelapir, May 22, 2013, 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gelapir

Hello friends,

I have problem with installing a sound driver on pc, it windows xp, that pc is old one. when sound controller ac 9 something like that finnishes installing pc shuts down itself and driver isnot installed i try many times but same. what is a problem? thanks in advanced.

rodtsuka

1) download and reinstall the driver from the manufacturer website
2) if this fails try to test memory, it maybe the problem
3) maybe it´s just a concidence and you have a hardware problem (power supply or motherboard problem)

good luck because you´re going to need

Shadow.97

Have you checked so that it is the right drivers for the right card/mobo?
Even if it says labeled on your PC that it has a specific Soundcard it may not actually be that one. Check inside the pc if it is labeled with any numbers, or names.
Double check if you have downloaded/installed a driver for Windows XP as some may only work for Vista and newer.
If the driver is on a CD/DVD is it scratched?

Please try and provide as much information as possible, It will help alot!
Please post the name of the card and which drivers you're trying to install.

I wish you luck! //Shadow

Ahmad

Quote from: gelapir on May 22, 2013, 03:24 PM
Hello friends,

I have problem with installing a sound driver on pc, it windows xp, that pc is old one. when sound controller ac 9 something like that finnishes installing pc shuts down itself and driver isnot installed i try many times but same. what is a problem? thanks in advanced.

Hello gelapir :)

This happened with me once because of installing from a driver pack which didn't install the driver completely.

First of all, you need to start your computer in safe mode by pressing F8 just before the screen of Windows XP - Just after the POST screen in which the computer reads your hardware.

When your computer starts in safe mode, go to Device manager and uninstall the current sound driver and restart.

Now your computer won't shutdown after startup.
Please, download the appropriate sound driver from your motherboard site and install it.

If this is the motherboard you mentioned before (ASUS P5PL2), I think this is the sound driver for it:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5PL2/Audio_32bit_V510014160.zip
From its support page on ASUS website:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5PL2/#support_Download_17

Good luck ;)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

gelapir

Thanks all here.

I uninstall previous sound driver, after i download correct sound driver from manufacturer website and installed it and problem solved.

Thanks friends for your support.

Ahmad

Quote from: gelapir on May 23, 2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks all here.

I uninstall previous sound driver, after i download correct sound driver from manufacturer website and installed it and problem solved.

Thanks friends for your support.

Glad to hear that.
You're welcome, friend. :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.