• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

CCleaner 5.01.5075 Free/Business/Professional + Portable

Started by Maher, May 26, 2013, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

If possible delete ccenhancer folder and try re-running trim.bat file. Also make sure both winapp2.ini & trim.bat are unblocked which can be found in properties; Right click file -> properties

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 21, 2015, 08:41 AM
If possible delete ccenhancer folder and try re-running trim.bat file. Also make sure both winapp2.ini & trim.bat are unblocked which can be found in properties; Right click file -> properties

There is no ccenhancer folder. Ccenhancer is a single exe file that just sits there and doesn nothing until you need it. I'm not seeing any restrictions on winapp2.ini and trim.bat. Everything is normal, then it asks me to open Ccleaner, run Analyze and close it. After doing that, Ccleaner opens again with an error message saying no update is available. Apparently the crash happens when it tries to start ccleaner.exe /DEBUG.

Thanks for your assistance.

Vasudev

Man, this is turning out to be quite a headache. >:(
Does ccleaner resets to its default state after deletion of winapp2.ini file ? If no, type this command on command prompt "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /debug

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 22, 2015, 02:05 PM
Does ccleaner resets to its default state after deletion of winapp2.ini file ? If no, type this command on command prompt "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /debug

That's the problem right there. When I enter this command, the same thing happens as when trim.bat enters it, i.e., Ccleaner comes up saying "no updates available". This happens even when you remove the winapp2.ini file from the Ccleaner directory.

Now that we know where the problem is, do any of you have a clue as to how to solve it?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on January 24, 2015, 04:31 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on January 22, 2015, 02:05 PM

That's the problem right there. When I enter this command, the same thing happens as when trim.bat enters it, i.e., Ccleaner comes up saying "no updates available". This happens even when you remove the winapp2.ini file from the Ccleaner directory.

Now that we know where the problem is, do any of you have a clue as to how to solve it?
One last try Humbert:
1. Disconnect from the internet/wifi .
2. Are you using windows firewall or 3rd party firewalls?
3. Pray for a while, run trim.bat in safe mode with networking.

humbert

I've been checking on Google and it seems this is a bug in Ccleaner. Others are reporting the same thing and there's no clear cut solution just yet.

CPP_GEEK

CCleaner is a good program to clean PC. I used it since 2009.

I don't like the new version about the new window title.
a.a View my forum: cgeeks.smfnew2.com