• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 16

Started by Maher, May 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 25, 2017, 03:51 AM
@Vasu - If you're overclocking be sure to use the best cooler you can find. Personally I prefer not to overclock my system. It might produce instability and the extra CPU cycles don't make any difference with the apps I run.

Check out this article concerning what is known about Intel's Core i9. The i9 uses 44 PCIe lanes just like the Ryzen 9. If you really want to take on AMD and remain at the top, forget about backward compatibility when it comes to sockets. More data needs more pins. Besides, if you can afford this thing, the very least of your worries should be backward compatibility. Notice that the release price is rumored to be $1,999 for the top-of-the-line Core i9 7980XE - nowhere near $5000, not even with a new mobo and 32 GB RAM. You can guarantee that the Ryzen 9 1998X will be at least 40% cheaper. Also, keep in mind these are release prices - you can bet borrowed money those prices will come down as time passes.
6700HQ is completely locked, no OC. I can OC GPU thanks to Prema Mod, just 10% increase in core clocks and 20% increase in memory clocks. A small margin of overclock. Even repasted several to get perfect temps in ambient temps >35C.

humbert

Vasu -> See this link to learn a little more about the Ryzen and Core i9 processors. Also check out the link to the PC World article on the page.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 27, 2017, 06:28 AM
Vasu -> See this link to learn a little more about the Ryzen and Core i9 processors. Also check out the link to the PC World article on the page.
Thanks for the link. Also, intel tweaked the cpu to be little faster than AMD by 5%. 

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on June 27, 2017, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the link. Also, intel tweaked the cpu to be little faster than AMD by 5%.

It this is what they're counting on they've got a serious problem. The release price for the top-of-the-line Core i9 is believed to be $1,999. Compare this with $850 for the high end Ryzen 9 Threadripper. Who in their right mind is going to pay that price difference for just 5%? In fact, you could even add an Nvidia GTX-1080Ti to the mix and you'd still be paying less!

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 28, 2017, 06:10 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on June 27, 2017, 07:41 AM

It this is what they're counting on they've got a serious problem. The release price for the top-of-the-line Core i9 is believed to be $1,999. Compare this with $850 for the high end Ryzen 9 Threadripper. Who in their right mind is going to pay that price difference for just 5%? In fact, you could even add an Nvidia GTX-1080Ti to the mix and you'd still be paying less!
Or even Vega card with 25 TFLOPS of FP16 and 11TFLOPs of FP32. And Ryzen just came out, so lot of optimisation are possible. I think Intel will move into different architecture altogether. Even AMD GloFo can compete with Intel with the help of Samsung Fab factories.

Maher

Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

Quote from: Maher on July 15, 2017, 09:17 PM
Updated to version 6.28 Build 16..

Your link (maherz.softarchive.net) comes back with "Forbidden 403" - check it out when you get a chance.

shinbi

dreamertr

humbert

Quote from: dreamertr on February 19, 2018, 11:00 AM
Are there nomore new versions?

As of this writing the latest version is 6.30 Build 6. IDM is all over the torrent sites. Go in and grab it.