• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Looking for brower

Started by Hanakumu, June 09, 2013, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanakumu

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I posted the thread in wrong place (;

I'm looking for fast and reliable browser.
I don't like clicking xx times just to get bookmarks or basic settings, I'm very impatient.

I'v tried:
FF
Opera
Chrome
IE
Sleipnir
And I'm not delighted with it.

I'm using Windows XP and my computer is... quite old (7 years), so it has only 1 gb ram.

I know next to nothing about browers so I would be grateful if you could help me ;)

scarface

hi,
"I don't like clicking xx times just to get bookmarks or basic settings, I'm very impatient"
try to be more explicit.

scarface

perhaps you should check some firefox addons and above all check if the bookmark toolbar is enabled. https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/extensions/bookmarks/
or test every available browser: http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/design/browsers_for_windows.php3

Personally, I don't have this problem, I'm using a smartphone (now in the metro).

Hakumei

On start... I know Hanakumu and i'm the one who give her this forum address. So go ahead and blame me (joke :P).
The biggest problem is her old PC, and Win XP is max that her PC can have. Second problem is what she do with her browser, run 10+ tabs (card) is nothing for normal PC (4+ core) but for her old Intel 1.8 GHz (only one core) is too much. Next one, is that browser is not only program that run, she run much more programs (web communicator, graphic programs etc.) in the same time.
For me, the best solution is to buy a new machine, and i already suggest her this, but she write "no"...

scarface

I dont think the problem is the processor, for background programs, RAM is more important. it seems its not the browser that is faulty but the configuration. Then add as much RAM as supported by the motherboard. 1gb should be a minimum for xp for a fluent use.

Ahmad

Hello everyone :)

I've tried many browsers with my old machine (8 years, 2.6 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM)
I liked 3 of them.. Firefox, Chrome & Maxthon.
But I finally decided to use Firefox because it's the most stable I found. Also it can be easily customized as you like.
Firefox and chrome has large database of add-ons, so you can add advantages to them while Maxthon doesn't.

I agree with scarface in importance of RAM than CPU because this is what I needed.
:)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Ahmad - using Firefox is a wise decision. It has FAR many more addons than Google Chrome, plus Google doesn't have meticulous records of what you're doing. My old lady uses Google Chrome, and so far no matter what I've done, I haven't been able to get it to open a link without opening a new tab. This is just one more thing I hate about it.

Shadow.97

I'd suggest firefox in this case!