• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Maths & statistics exercises / French and English lessons

Started by scarface, June 16, 2013, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Do your parents know youre talking to a guy nicknamed scarface twice as old as You during the night? You might be tired at school.

scarface

Here is the correction for the question 3. Perhaps it will be of some use for shadow97, who knows. The question 4 will be seen later, its more difficult.

scarface

Here Is the correction for the fourth question.
The bound FDCR Is used to calculate the lower bound of the variance of an estimator.
Previously humbert told us he was afraid his level might not be sufficient, si I guess he hasn't found the bound of Frechet-Darmois-Cramer-Rao...
This example was not good anyway as the 3rd hypothesis makes it useless to calculate it.

scarface

Tonight I Will suggest an easy exercise in statistics. Previously we have seen that Daniil was delighted to do some statistics, the distribution of Poisson probably reminded him of a distant past.
We know how to calculate a cumulative distribution function (cfd) when we know the probability distribution (pd) But its harder to do the contrary.
a cfd of a random variable X Is equal to 0 when x<1.
F(X)=1-1/(n(n+1)) for n<x<n+1 and n>=1
Question: find the pd.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2014, 08:23 PM
Tonight I Will suggest an easy exercice in statistics. Previously we have seen that Daniil was delighted to do some statistics, the distribution of poisson probably reminded him of a distant past where he was happy.
We know how to calculate a cumulative distribution function (cfd) when we know the probability distribution (pd) But its harder to do the contrary.
a cfd of a random variable X Is equal to 0 when x<1.
F(X)=1-1/(n(n+1)) for n<x<n+1 and n>=1
Question: find the pd.
How do you come up with these exercises? Is there a reason to solve them or is it completely for fun?

scarface

I find them in books. You can solve them if You want, or not. It seems nobody ever tried, except perhaps humbert. I forgot to say n Is an integer, so the variable Is discrete.
for this exercice the answer Is P(X=n)=F(n+1)-F(n) (You can calculate that) for n>1 and P(X=1)=1/2.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on March 01, 2014, 11:48 PM
I find them in books. You can solve them if You want, or not. It seems nobody ever tried, except perhaps humbert. I forgot to say n Is an integer, so the variable Is discrete.
for this exercice the answer Is P(X=n)=F(n+1)-F(n) (You can calculate that) for n>1 and P(X=1)=1/2.
I would probably try if I had the knowledge to do this. I'm not experienced enough, I still got atleast one year left of maths, probably 2 years.

scarface

Youre Lucky. Did You see me? Im an old bag and im still doing That. In fact I wish I could do something else. I told my coworkers I wanted to adopt a 20years old (I wouldnt have the time to breed a child), and he could even work and bring some money for me. They told me I was crazy.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 03, 2014, 12:36 AM
Youre Lucky. Did You see me? Im an old bag and im still doing That. In fact I wish I could do something else. I told my coworkers I wanted to adopt a 20years old (I wouldnt have the time to breed a child), and he could even work and bring some money for me. They told me I was crazy.

Believe me, a child is an awesome responsibility. The problems you have will multiply exponentially.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 03, 2014, 06:01 AM
Quote from: scarface on March 03, 2014, 12:36 AM

Believe me, a child is an awesome responsibility. The problems you have will multiply exponentially.
How many do you have, if I may ask?