• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

MultiBoot / SingleBoot USB Creation

Started by usmangujjar, October 06, 2013, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on May 28, 2014, 08:49 AM
link is clearly mentioned in first post of this topic.

The first post of this topic is a link to a Youtube video about Serbia.

Be a pal and post that link one again, will you?

usmangujjar

Quote from: humbert on May 30, 2014, 06:51 AM
The first post of this topic is a link to a Youtube video about Serbia.

Be a pal and post that link one again, will you?

may be there is bug on the SMF or in your browser,, i checked on 2-3 computers this post, always it open proper link. bellow is first post, you can see links clearly.

Here i am giving the link of a multifunctional(Multiboot) Bootable USB Creating tool.
With this tool we can make bootable USB of Windows 2000/XP/2003,
Windows Vista/7/8/Server 2008/RecoveryISO or any Linux Distro, or any other
ISO e.g. Hiren's BCD.
It gives many functions to format USB as you desire, or to create partition into
USB.
there is lot of functions in this tools as:Bootice, Speed Test, FBInsy Tool,
grub4dos, create syslinux/Ext2F5,BartPE etc.
With this tool created Bootable USB can be tested under QEMU MOD.
it is tested on these operating systems by me, working well.

Download Link:
[b]1)[/b] [url=http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/files/download-info/winsetupfromusb-1-4-exe/]WinSetupFromUSB 1.4.exe[/url]
[b]2)[/b] [url=http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/files/download-info/winsetupfromusb-1-4-7z/]WinSetupFromUSB 1.4.7z[/url]
[b]3)[/b] [url=http://www.winsetupfromusb.com]Support
Note:above are [i]WinSetupFromUSB's official links[/i]. These are updated here when new version comes up.

There is none worthy of worship except ALLAH,
Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of ALLAH.

humbert

Yes, I'm basically familiar with those linked programs you mentioned. There are indeed tons of USB bootup programs available. The sad part is that the program has to support the live CD you're trying to create. This contrasts sharply with burning to a CD or DVD - just about any burning program can create a live CD regardless of what it is.

I often wonder if we'll ever see the say when somebody will write a bootable USB creation program that supports everything seamlessly the same way CD/DVD burners do.

usmangujjar

i agree with you, i tried many programs, but i find only this good, so i posted here.
i think you never checked this, it have many functions which many other don't had.

humbert

Quote from: usmangujjar on June 01, 2014, 06:16 AM
i agree with you, i tried many programs, but i find only this good, so i posted here.
i think you never checked this, it have many functions which many other don't had.

Of those you put links for, which one did you say you liked best? As I see it, it all boils down to whether or not the program supports that ISO. It's irritating every time you download a live CD you have to search for some USB boot program that supports it. The soon to be extinct CD's or DVD's don't have this problem.

usmangujjar

Update: Latest version links added.

Vasudev

For me SARDU works. I'm glad it works on Windows & Linux.

usmangujjar

Quote from: Vasudev on June 26, 2015, 05:59 PM
For me SARDU works. I'm glad it works on Windows & Linux.
I'll see the SARDU later in few days, now loged in from fone.
Long time ago I downloaded it, but can't used this. I was unable to understand it.

humbert

I took a look at Sardu. I guess it's basically like all the others, i.e., it creates bootable USB drives only from those ISO's it supports. The best I've seen yet is Xboot. If it doesn't support the ISO you want to boot from USB, it gives you the option of installing grub or syslinux and running a test. It is the ONLY one so far that has allowed me to boot my cracked copy of Acronis rescue disk from USB, and this together with a few other ISO's in multiboot.

Here's something really weird. I tried to make a bootable USB with my copy of Acronis with Universal USB installer. When I booted up, Acronis kept nagging me about the copy not being official. How it it Universal USB installer altered my copy to somehow remove the crack? Fortunately Xboot solved the problem.

On more than one occasion I've had to make a bootable USB of Windows 8.1 x64 in order to reset or reinstall. In my tests the only one that actually works is Microsoft's Windows7-USB/DVD tool. About 3 or 4 others I tried did not work despite the fact that Windows 8 is listed as a supported ISO.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on June 28, 2015, 04:12 AM
I took a look at Sardu. I guess it's basically like all the others, i.e., it creates bootable USB drives only from those ISO's it supports. The best I've seen yet is Xboot. If it doesn't support the ISO you want to boot from USB, it gives you the option of installing grub or syslinux and running a test. It is the ONLY one so far that has allowed me to boot my cracked copy of Acronis rescue disk from USB, and this together with a few other ISO's in multiboot.

Here's something really weird. I tried to make a bootable USB with my copy of Acronis with Universal USB installer. When I booted up, Acronis kept nagging me about the copy not being official. How it it Universal USB installer altered my copy to somehow remove the crack? Fortunately Xboot solved the problem.

On more than one occasion I've had to make a bootable USB of Windows 8.1 x64 in order to reset or reinstall. In my tests the only one that actually works is Microsoft's Windows7-USB/DVD tool. About 3 or 4 others I tried did not work despite the fact that Windows 8 is listed as a supported ISO.
Yeah Win 7 through USB is rarely found success for me.