• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows Installer....

Started by RoadRunner, December 03, 2013, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fandjo

Solution

The paths I use assume that Windows is installed in the C:\WINDOWS folder. Change the path to match your installation if necessary.

In Registry Editor, navigate to:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer

then change the DisplayName value to:

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V

Close registry editor, then register the installer by opening a command prompt and run:

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /regserver

Reboot

akaubee

RoadRunner

Quote from: fandjo on December 06, 2013, 09:36 AM
Solution
Fandjo,
Well it was worth a try - no luck.... >:(

Does anyone know if the November release of WIN7 x64 is able to to a 'repair' load?

I really want to try to avoid a full windows reload if I can.....

All ideas welcomed......

Henri

scarface

your first post was about a problem with xp, now you screwed the msiexec of 7, it seems you have difficulties with windows henri. Perhaps you should give linux a try, some users here like humbert are delighted to use it. Maher's releases should contain the repair option, you can still test that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjbxIN8Lag

RoadRunner

Quote from: scarface on December 07, 2013, 12:12 PM
your first post was about a problem with xp, now you screwed the msiexec of 7, it seems you have difficulties with windows henri. Perhaps you should give linux a try, some users here like humbert are delighted to use it. Maher's releases should contain the repair option, you can still test that.
Scarface,

While I appreciate your response,  no where did I EVER refer to XP. Your sarcastic response is unwarranted (along with 'your' image). My discussion was always directed at a problem I was having with WIN7. It is you who seemed to change horses :(.

I was (and am) merely trying to find a solution, and since the various options that were suggested did not correct the issue I was having; I wanted to see if there was a 'repair' option in the November release so I could preserve my applications. A simple yes or no would have been more appreciated.

Henri

scarface

I dont have any of windows7 maher's iso to tell you, download it or pay the little fee to test it. I didnt read Maher removes some components, the repair option should be available.

scarface

To henri: excuse me for mocking you. At least you should wait a few days, perhaps Maher will release something for december. Personnaly I seldom format too because of the mess it is to reinstall everything (1 time since 2010).