• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

PROBLEM:

booting from USB drive on a acer aspire one.

selected 1st option: "text mode setup" -- that worked but now "2nd, GUI mode setup" throws HAL.DLL error
selecting "---> DEBUG," just says "I/O erroremulti(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\BOOTSECT.DOS"

what the ****...

Am I supposed to take the thumb drive out to do the 2nd phase?

Maher

Quote from: jborjaperez on July 26, 2011, 05:51 AM
Hey Maher,

I recently DLed the Windows XP Pro SP3 for July because my old version of windows broke. So after getting my hard drive to be stable again I'm trying to boot it up from the burned disk. I wrote image to the cd at 1x speed and after i load from disk it just goes to the black screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left. Nothing happens afterwards.. I used imgburn btw.

How can I get this windows to boot up so I can install ?

Thank you
I think your PC is not booting from the CD!
Check your boot options in the BIOS and make sure that your first boot device is your CD/DVD ROM.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: reziky on July 26, 2011, 09:44 AM
hey i get error " STOP: C0000221 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR
\SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\NTDLL.DLL
Where do you get this error?

Maher

Quote from: John on July 27, 2011, 01:10 AM
PROBLEM:

selected 1st option: "text mode setup" -- that worked but now "2nd, GUI mode setup" throws HAL.DLL error
selecting "---> DEBUG," just says "I/O erroremulti(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\BOOTSECT.DOS"

what the ****...

What tool you used for that?

John

Quote from: Maher on July 27, 2011, 01:21 AM
PROBLEM:

what the ****...

I figured it out. You have to select one of the partition options further down the list.

jborjaperez

Quote from: Maher on July 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hey Maher,

I recently DLed the Windows XP Pro SP3 for July because my old version of windows broke. So after getting my hard drive to be stable again I'm trying to boot it up from the burned disk. I wrote image to the cd at 1x speed and after i load from disk it just goes to the black screen with the cursor blinking in the upper left. Nothing happens afterwards.. I used imgburn btw.

Thank you
Check your boot options in the BIOS and make sure that your first boot device is your CD/DVD ROM.
Good luck.

It's my first boot option in the bios.. One thing I noticed though is that opening it on other computers. It doesn't open as an auto play. It opens up so I can see the individual files.

It's correct to burn the .ISO image to the cd right? and not the folder as data? I only have one more cd so I need to get this right.

Maher

Quote from: jborjaperez on July 27, 2011, 03:31 AM
Hey Maher,

Thank you
Good luck.

It's my first boot option in the bios.. One thing I noticed though is that opening it on other computers. It doesn't open as an auto play. It opens up so I can see the individual files.

It's correct to burn the .ISO image to the cd right? and not the folder as data? I only have one more cd so I need to get this right.
True, you should burn it as an image.

John

Quote from: John on July 27, 2011, 02:42 AM
Quote from: Maher on July 27, 2011, 01:21 AM
PROBLEM:

what the ****...

I figured it out. You have to select one of the partition options further down the list.

Hey, why do you bother with creating and supporting pirated windows OS's if you don't have a rootkit or something in them? In other words, if you haven't loaded it with a virus then what else could you possibly have to gain from putting the time and effort into it?

reziky

Quote from: reziky on July 26, 2011, 09:44 AM
hey i get error " STOP: C0000221 UNKNOWN HARD ERROR
\SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\NTDLL.DLL
Where do you get this error?
after i press F6 to get to partition area but nothing happens i don't get to partition area  and then at the end it says starting windows and then i get this message (sry about my eng)

jborjaperez

Quote from: Maher on July 27, 2011, 05:22 AM
Quote from: jborjaperez on July 27, 2011, 03:31 AM
Hey Maher,

Thank you
Good luck.

True, you should burn it as an image.

Lol,

uhm I did burn it as an image. I was just verifying. For some reason it doesn't load as an autorun. Why is this? Other ISO CD's I have to run as an autorun program. Are the files missing something?