• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Dual booting Vista and XP is a little bit complicated for normal users.
Search Google: How to dual boot Vista and XP. You will find lots of helpful tutorials.
Good luck.
[/quote]

Why anyone would still want to have Vista installed on his system is beyond my comprehension. As for XP, sure it's a great operating system (I must have used it for 8 years or so). However, the concept many people don't want to understand is that, especially in the world of computing and electronics, having to upgrade is simply not an option. As time passes there will be less and less support for XP until it goes the way of Windows 95 and 98. The same will happen in a few years to 32-bit computing, and before you know it 128 bit computers and software will be introduced (mark my words). You know, I remember back in 1991 when a computer with an Intel 80386 processor (the first 32 bit) with 33 Mhz speed would set you back $10 grand. I even remember reading an article in PC World where the author talked about 32 bit computing and said <paraphrasing> "32 bit computers and software can address 4 gigs of memory -- a limitation you will probably never reach in your lifetime."

cybercontroler

Quote from: humb25 on August 10, 2011, 06:00 AM

Dual booting Vista and XP is a little bit complicated for normal users.
Search Google: How to dual boot Vista and XP. You will find lots of helpful tutorials.
Good luck.

Why anyone would still want to have Vista installed on his system is beyond my comprehension. As for XP, sure it's a great operating system (I must have used it for 8 years or so). However, the concept many people don't want to understand is that, especially in the world of computing and electronics, having to upgrade is simply not an option. As time passes there will be less and less support for XP until it goes the way of Windows 95 and 98. The same will happen in a few years to 32-bit computing, and before you know it 128 bit computers and software will be introduced (mark my words). You know, I remember back in 1991 when a computer with an Intel 80386 processor (the first 32 bit) with 33 Mhz speed would set you back $10 grand. I even remember reading an article in PC World where the author talked about 32 bit computing and said <paraphrasing> "32 bit computers and software can address 4 gigs of memory -- a limitation you will probably never reach in your lifetime."
[/quote]

you are right man but I had never like vista I change from XP to SEVEN if someone ask me for support to vista I don't do it I suggest setup SEVEN but some time still we need use XP for some reason may be a netbook or for compatibilities reasons even now it is possible use XP MODE on SVEN in some cases visualization is not a good solution also there are people who resist to changes and ask for XP...

wacky72

Quote from: qwerty on August 06, 2011, 09:02 PM
Quote from: Maher on August 06, 2011, 08:15 PM
Quote from: qwerty on August 06, 2011, 04:29 PM
I have Linux Ubuntu on my HTPC but got tierd of fixing stuff all the time so i downloaded your torrent.
Question though: Can i burn the .zip directly on a CD? How do i do that without messing up?
This is not a ZIP file, but it looks like it. It's actually an ISO file.
Search Google: How to burn an ISO file into a CD.
Good luck.

I burned the files on a USB and installed the first part. Now it says "Windows could not start beacuse this file is missing or is corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll
Please re-install the copy of the above"

What do i do?

after formatting when the computer restarts...boot ur computer again from usb and choose xp setup gui mode.....good luck

Papacosta34

Mahers, ive installed this on two computers, the first one everythin went fine, passed genuine and everything. the 2nd one is activated but when i install microsft security essential is says i am not passing genuine validation. plz help

Maher

Quote from: Papacosta34 on August 10, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mahers, ive installed this on two computers, the first one everythin went fine, passed genuine and everything. the 2nd one is activated but when i install microsft security essential is says i am not passing genuine validation. plz help
Mmm, don't know man! It must pass the test.
How did you install Windows? A clean install or an upgrade?
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Papacosta34

clean install.  im not sure what to do. ive already reinstalled it again and the same problem.

Maher

Quote from: Papacosta34 on August 10, 2011, 11:11 PM
clean install.  im not sure what to do. ive already reinstalled it again and the same problem.
Strange! It MUST pass the validation code as for everyone, don't know whats wrong with this PC!
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

nismo

i can't install windows live messenger on my laptop using your windows xp. how can i install it?

Faizan_0844

Hello Maher If you use MeGui So Give Me The Right Version Of this. I have Use This but a problem thay do not change the resolution of video. tell me how to solve this problem otherwise give me the right version download link, Please.

Jet

Maher i have a few questions.

Im going to build a computer from scratch pretty soon and I dont feel like spending $110 for a windows 7. Will this work if I use this on a newly built computer? If yes, Do I burn a copy on DVD and use that to install? How do i install it on a newly built computer?

I normally buy these kind of stuff but Im pretty short in money.