• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weasel

erted45

Hello!

I have an elderly PC (Intel Celeron single core 1.3 GHz, around 400 MB of ram, ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB, you get the point) that I would like to use for the things I need for my school (Word, Excel, music, movies internet etc.). I have downloaded Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated September 2011 by Maher and am now wondering if this system will work on my PC? What I mean is, I want to know how much memory this system consumes, and does it have drivers? In my experience with XP I always had to install LAN and sound drivers after installing XP or the sound didn't work and I couldn't go online. Is this variant of XP ok, or should I try something else (linux (Ubuntu) is an option. Thank you for your help.

lion02

i already have researched all that, thats the reason why i am asking u for help. all the tutorials are about the original files from xp. but these version is not recognized by any programm. i get a bunch off error massages. i ve tried Bootsect.zip,USB_prep8 and PeToUSB. all that together is suppossed to help. but i get error massages.

mazz

Just registered to say thanks for a great release, Sept 2011.

Just a few questions though, is it definitely activated and can we do Windows Updates? / leave auto update on?

Thanks again..  :)

Iskandiar

Hey,
Does that Windows XP contain any other language than english?

humbert

Quote from: erted45 on October 01, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hello!
I have an elderly PC (Intel Celeron single core 1.3 GHz, around 400 MB of ram, ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB, you get the point) that I would like to use for the things I need for my school (Word, Excel, music, movies internet etc.). I have downloaded Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 Integrated September 2011 by Maher and am now wondering if this system will work on my PC? What I mean is, I want to know how much memory this system consumes, and does it have drivers? In my experience with XP I always had to install LAN and sound drivers after installing XP or the sound didn't work and I couldn't go online. Is this variant of XP ok, or should I try something else (linux (Ubuntu) is an option. Thank you for your help.

You should be OK with XP. Keep in mind XP is 10 years old and, when it came out in 2001, your computer was state of the art. When I first ran it years ago, I had something similar (or less) than what you have with just 256 MB of memory and it ran OK. As for drivers, with your computer and Maher's XP updates (not to mention his driver CD), I don't see a problem. Stay away from Win 7 until you upgrade or replace it, even the 32bit version wants a minimum 1 GB of memory.

Ubuntu is an excellent alternative. I will run like a bullet even on the oldest computers. I have it installed using Wubi together with Win 7-64 and I absolutely love it. In fact, I remember years ago when I had several computers before I threw out the old ones, Mandrake Linux ran faster on my slowest computer than XP on my fastest.

zoniezz

Downloaded your torrent and wanted to kow if it can be used to wipe out the hard drive and repartition too? Thanks for the torrent, especially since updates will be outdated for this program.

mazz

Quote from: humb25 on October 03, 2011, 01:12 AM
As for drivers, with your computer and Maher's XP updates (not to mention his driver CD)

I suppose your not allowed to post links, but can you give me the title of the download for his driver CD? I looked through all Maher's TPB torrents and can't see it, thank..

beunhaas

hi maher

im getting a 7b BSOD when trying to install your Win xp from september, is it possible not all sata drivers are slipstreamed?

can you help me make a slipstream for the NVidia nForce 730i chipset?

ty

ultimaclan

where can i find the torrent for this??

thnx much in advance :)

i wanna try it sooner... 

more power!
theres nothing there at first...
but the second thing is...
everything!