Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kangkung

Thanks anyway, Maher, and good luck.

Maher

Quote from: Br000ke on October 28, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hey Maher !

There is a little problem with the installation for me.. I started the installation and it asked me for a serial key. (yea I didnt burn that .iso to a cd, just ran that setup.exe file...). Then I used the serial key that u posted to another topic. Everything went well until the restart. After the restart it showed me those partitions I had previously. It asked me to pick the drive where to install the Windows. Then the problems began. First of all it didnt let me to install it to my C because there was already Windows installed. It didnt let me to format C ( ??? ?). Then I formatted D (full) and then I picked it to install it there.. Everything went well when there popped up another problem.. It said that there was two files missing!! Presetup.cmd and setupORG.exe. I retried couple of times but it didnt work. Then I just had to skip them.. After it the setup aborted. This was the error:
"Error - file not found
D:\WINDOWS\system32\presetup.cmd - FILE NOT FOUND !
D:\WINDOWS\system32\setupORG.exe - FILE NOT FOUND !
(setupORG.exe -> Original windows Setup.exe)
----------------------------------------------
POSSIBLE CAUSE:
1. "Presetup.cmd" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD
"setupORG.exe" not exist in the i386 folder on UXPCD
2. Check your "Txtsetup.sif" in the i386 folder on UXPCD
---Txtsetup.sif: -------------------
(SourceDisksFiles)
setupORG.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 ; must exist
presetup.cmd = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 ; must exist
SETUP ABORT

Help me :( Is there anything I can do now? Or should I just throw this piece of **** away and get a new pc ? :(

Cheers
-Brooke
You can still use this PC!
Just try what Tovagulet said.
Good luck.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Br000ke

Hey Tovagulet and Maher!

Thanks for the help, but if I restart my pc and try to boot it from cd (I burned that .iso to cd) it just restores the setup and that error pops up again. I cant do anything !!! Can I format C somehow and stop the setup being restarted ?

I need your help asap!

Cheers,
Brooke

Maher

Quote from: Br000ke on October 29, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hey Tovagulet!

Thanks for the help, but if I restart my pc and try to boot it from cd (I burned that .iso to cd) it just restores the setup and that error pops up again. I cant do anything !!! Can I format C somehow ?
If that happens, then your PC is not booting from the CD.
Make sure your CD/DVD is set as your 1st boot device in BIOS, then make sure that you burned the ISO correctly.
Good luck.

Br000ke

Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hey Tovagulet!

Thanks for the help, but if I restart my pc and try to boot it from cd (I burned that .iso to cd) it just restores the setup and that error pops up again. I cant do anything !!! Can I format C somehow ?
Make sure your CD/DVD is set as your 1st boot device in BIOS, then make sure that you burned the ISO correctly.
Good luck.
Hey !
It's most certainly booting from cd because I disabled all the other boot devices! It boots from cd but it still restores the setup thingy and it doesnt work :/ Can I somehow format both of my C and D drives?

Maher

Quote from: Br000ke on October 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
Quote from: Maher on October 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hey Tovagulet!

Good luck.
Hey !
It's most certainly booting from cd because I disabled all the other boot devices! It boots from cd but it still restores the setup thingy and it doesnt work :/ Can I somehow format both of my C and D drives?
Do you see a message like this when you start the computer?

Press any key to boot from CD..

Br000ke

Yes, I can see that. I got the problem now solved (sort of...). Now when I boot my pc it gives me new error: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the boot disk. Check boot disk ad disk hardware." What does this mean? I googled it and found that there might be something wrong with Boot.ini file but I already tried to fix it with the recovery console. What should I do now?

Thank you for you patience
Cheers
-Brooke

Maher

Quote from: Br000ke on October 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
Yes, I can see that. I got the problem now solved (sort of...). Now when I boot my pc it gives me new error: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the boot disk. Check boot disk ad disk hardware." What does this mean? I googled it and found that there might be something wrong with Boot.ini file but I already tried to fix it with the recovery console. What should I do now?

Thank you for you patience
Cheers
-Brooke
Now boot from the CD (press any key when you see the message that tolds you to do so).
Format your PC by doing a clean Windows XP install.
Good luck.

Kaaposts

Hello Maher!

I downloaded your Windows October release and I have one question for you - to burn it in CD I need to unrar that ISO file or just burn it? I burned the ISO file in CD and restarted pc, but it didn't boot. But when I try to unrar the ISO file with WinRAR, at the end pops out "WinRAR: Diagnostic messages" with 71 errors saying that those files cannot create...

Does it make any difference that I have two OS on my pc - Windows Vista (came toghether whit PC and I'm now working on it, because the other OS doesn't work) and Windows XP Professional SP3 (in this Windows one file have been missing or corrupted and thats why I need to repair or replace it with this October release)

Thank you!